Any modules ? National Family extensions or patches in the works ?

It's been a while since we've seen improvements/patching or new contents for CMBS. There has been a lot of input from players since. Any chance of something happening soon ? 

Edited by antaress73

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the below paragraph is chronologically in order (which I think it is, as it is the order the main/base games were released?), there will be modules for  both FI and RT, before BS this year:

5. After Final Blitzkrieg is out early next year, our plan is to spend 2016+ expanding our current titles with more modules and packs. The following are closest in the pipeline:

• Fortress Italy module: this is the next big thing coming, and work has already begun on it. See #5 below for details!
  • Red Thunder module: winter combat on the East Front...
  • Black Sea module: think Marines, Naval Infantry, and VDV, among other new forces. And new high-tech toys. I want to really flesh out American, Ukrainian, and Russian forces/equipment on all levels before moving on to new nationalities.
  • More Battle Packs.

Edited by gnarly

FI-GL was released almost a year before RT, which was another 9-10 months ahead of BS. It's just FI's turn on the module conveyor belt. It also makes a bunch of sense to leverage work done in FB for models available in the last months of the war but not yet covered in FI while extending the range of models to support work on RT's module. It's also a chance to bring the additional work on snow, done for FB, into the existing GL setting as part and parcel of the improvements added (though I don't know if that's actually on the cards).

It all part of BFCs plan to extend existing WW2 titles to the end of the war as they have stated. Then Black Sea gets more toys and organizations to play with. And Italy has an entirely different feel to it that I like.

All of that before they start moving backwards thru the years.

Oh you.ll get em. Trust that.  I almost guarantee BS 2nd module after this will have Brits with Ukrainian rebels and some sort of Russian unit or other Red unit.

After that or same time I highly expect a NATO pack , perhaps a NATO - Eastern Bloc! VP or something.

13 hours ago, TheForwardObserver said:

I look forward to whatever they release.  How do people find out some of these possible secret details, is there a BF mole I should be bribing?  Of course it would be awesome to hear some scuttlebutt about what's in the pipleine.  In the meantime I'm rediscovering the fun of the WW2 titles. 

Nothing really secret about it, just following what BF staff posts plus basic forum search feature skills. ;)

Christmas Bone 2015 (where the snipets of info came from)

@TJT Scouring the forum for keywords related to future upgrades and following the christmas bones thread don't quite satisfy my thirst for espionage in the way that bribery might.  We need actionable intelligence; formation sizes, units, round counts, favorite colors, college majors, what jobs the pixeltruppen had before the war.

On 2016-06-04 at 2:53 AM, TheForwardObserver said:

@TJT Scouring the forum for keywords related to future upgrades and following the christmas bones thread don't quite satisfy my thirst for espionage in the way that bribery might.  We need actionable intelligence; formation sizes, units, round counts, favorite colors, college majors, what jobs the pixeltruppen had before the war.

Oh right, 

5186021+_5b0bef87b97dbbc53ec1e6031a9507f

Steve, we have a new house item for you.......

I don't own CMRT, therefore have no dog in the fight, but I find it unfortunate that CMFI gets a second Module next, while CMRT, which has none, gets none in the next Module release. There may indeed be sound arguments for doing things as described above, but I feel sorry for the CMRT players, who are getting, IMO, the short end of the stick. Regarding sticks, I believe there is a rather earthy Russian saying on sticks. Heard it decades ago in Russian and in translation from a ex-DIA guy who was working on his doctorate in Russian Area Studies from Georgetown and delighted in ribald Russian limericks and such. Imagine an adult size Botticelli cherub telling dirty jokes and you'll get some sense of my experience!

Regards,

John Kettler

I very much look forward to the eventual CMBS Module, since it will be full of all manner of wonderfulness. Would love it even more with a new computer, a routinely high functioning brain and loads of CMBS play experience in PBEM. But I think I got tangled up in the overall discussion of what's coming as far as Modules and lost sight of the fact this was fundamentally a CMBS discussion. By invoking CMRT, though, I am at least in the right geographic region, despite a hefty chronological error!

Regards,

John Kettler

Edited by John Kettler

On 09/06/2016 at 7:32 PM, John Kettler said:

I don't own CMRT, therefore have no dog in the fight, but I find it unfortunate that CMFI gets a second Module next, while CMRT, which has none, gets none in the next Module release. There may indeed be sound arguments for doing things as described above, but I feel sorry for the CMRT players, who are getting, IMO, the short end of the stick. Regarding sticks, I believe there is a rather earthy Russian saying on sticks. Heard it decades ago in Russian and in translation from a ex-DIA guy who was working on his doctorate in Russian Area Studies from Georgetown and delighted in ribald Russian limericks and such. Imagine an adult size Botticelli cherub telling dirty jokes and you'll get some sense of my experience!

Regards,

John Kettler

I suspect the idea is that all the work being done on the various models,  looks and maps is a body of work that can then be folded into RT. 

Ie as various aspects at completed (eg late war German vehicles,  winterized skins/uniforns) they will be issued as modules to the various other titles. This allows for continually updating and correcting the body of work as it approaches RT. 

Still though, as a CMBS player I feel a little abandoned in the woods :'(

Edited by kinophile

Lmao Kino you.ll be feeling lost for a long time. FI and RT have been waiting way longer for some love and attention. Id say the problem isnt so glaring in FI, GL was the best module of all the games so far becayse it " made" FI imo, and RT has nothing. So i think RT deserves the next module but rumors have it that we.ll be seeing FI content first.

Of course I want more content for BS too but hey its release by BFC standards of time was last week.

Btw start playing ww2 you nut. You.ll like it trust me.  I wasnt big on modern combat. 80s cold war ya but not modern. Played BS loved it and learned a lot about newer weapons etc.

I highly recommend you get FB or FI (only with GL) or BN if you can at least get thw CW expansion, the rest arent really essential IMO but BN plus CW is. Like FI plus GL is. But if you can afford BN, CW, MG and the vehicle pack that and FB are my fav ww2 cmx2 games. And i prefer the ost front but RT just.. didnt do it for me. Though once it gets broadened and we get into the Reich itll be more up my alley. Same with one we hit end of war with all the ww2 titles and BFC starts working backwards.