Chernova Hirka - Master map 1.0 released

It is a huge master map of 4.6km x 3.3km real world location found east of city of Krolevets in NE Ukraine. You can get it from here: http://www.thefewgoodmen.com/tsd3/cm-black-sea/cm-black-sea-add-ons-maps/chernova-hirka-mastermap-v1-0/

You may use this map as you like as long as you remember to credit me if you make a public scenario or campaign out of it.

Should offer variety of QB maps and scenario material when cut to pieces. Map is very big and detailed so there is only very few flavor objects due to performance concerns.

Feel free to give feedback and hopefully the community finds this release useful!

Cheers!

-H1nd

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Abdolmartin said:

I've copied the map into the QB maps folder, but it doesn't appear in the map selection list when I'm creating a QB.

The Battle Type in the QB must match the Battle Type set in the editor. For this map it is "attack" by default although you can of course change it.

Note that on Windows machines its will probably not be possible to play a game on the full map because the map plus units will take up too much memory unless you only have a small number of units.

2 hours ago, Abdolmartin said:

Also, when I open it in scenario editor and try to get the 3D preview, the game terminates with an "out of memory" error. What's the issue?

I would need to know your system specs to be sure, but I suspect you have a 32-bit operating system.

8 minutes ago, Vanir Ausf B said:

The Battle Type in the QB must match the Battle Type set in the editor. For this map it is "attack" by default although you can of course change it.

Note that on Windows machines its will probably not be possible to play a game on the full map because the map plus units will take up too much memory unless you only have a small number of units.

I would need to know your system specs to be sure, but I suspect you have a 32-bit operating system.

Oh, I see. Thanks. :) 

Actually I have 64-bit Windows 10 and 16 GB of RAM, so I was pretty surprised to see a memory error. :D

Hmm, that's odd. The amount of physical RAM isn't usually relevant, it's the amount of memory address space. Unless you are somehow using most of that 16 GB of RAM with no page file enabled? The Windows versions of CM are unfortunately 32 bit applications so can only use up to 4 GB of memory address space no matter how much RAM you have with a 64-bit OS. On my machine just the map takes up about 2.6 GB without units.

Edited by Vanir Ausf B