v1.01 Patch is here!

Your OK, and should be at CMFB v2 (bottom of Splash Screen should read v2.00 Game Engine 4) once you have upgraded to Game Engine 4...So, you have the latest.

For example; all my WWII Titles are up to date and will read v2.00 Game Engine 4 on Splash screen (CMBN is the only exception reading v4.00 Game Engine 4).

Edited by JoMc67

It gets confusing when there are two different versions given, one for the game, and one for the game engine. I wish this could be simplified somehow, maybe using the format of the first number being the game engine, and then the game version? So, if you'd update your game version 3.01, for instance, to game engine 4, it would be changed to 4.01.

5 hours ago, JSj said:

It gets confusing when there are two different versions given, one for the game, and one for the game engine. I wish this could be simplified somehow, maybe using the format of the first number being the game engine, and then the game version? So, if you'd update your game version 3.01, for instance, to game engine 4, it would be changed to 4.01.

I am not sure how that would be simpler than them listing the game and engine versions in the splash screen. In your example CMBN might be 4.04 for example and CMFB might be 4.02. Is that better than 

CMBN game version 4 engine version 4

CMFB game version 2 engine version 4

to be honest part of why it is this way is legacy of tracking engine versions versus game releases as all games were at different levels.  It was very convoluted for a while.  Now that all are running the same version 4 it might be time to toss the game version as it has lost it’s significance .  CMSF2 for example would be game version 1 engine version 4   There really isn’t much significance now to the game version       

Agreed, it's clear on the splash screen, it clearly states game version and engine version. I was more thinking of other situations. There's been many threads here on the forum with people being confused about the difference between the engine version and the game version of a specific module.

13 hours ago, JoMc67 said:

Your OK, and should be at CMFB v2 (bottom of Splash Screen should read v2.00 Game Engine 4) once you have upgraded to Game Engine 4...So, you have the latest.

For example; all my WWII Titles are up to date and will read v2.00 Game Engine 4 on Splash screen (CMBN is the only exception reading v4.00 Game Engine 4).

Thanks a lot, appreciate your help here.

What's confusing to me is the fact that when you go to Patches section at BF it's difficult to understand that V2.0 is the latest when in fact it's written let's say V3.02 for CMFB.

But maybe I read it wrong, anyway, thanks for your help.

Im gonna play this gem now...

On 6/7/2018 at 1:32 PM, Aloko Mac said:

Thanks a lot, appreciate your help here.

What's confusing to me is the fact that when you go to Patches section at BF it's difficult to understand that V2.0 is the latest when in fact it's written let's say V3.02 for CMFB.

But maybe I read it wrong, anyway, thanks for your help.

Im gonna play this gem now...

Thing is if you do the full download (yes a bit more of a pain) you will always have the latest. Patches don’t happen that often so in my view it is just easier to do the full download AND SAVE IT SOMEWHERE SAFE than to try worrying about patches 

11 hours ago, sburke said:

Thing is if you do the full download (yes a bit more of a pain) you will always have the latest. Patches don’t happen that often so in my view it is just easier to do the full download AND SAVE IT SOMEWHERE SAFE than to try worrying about patches 

That's a good thing to do, I might do that once for all.

On 6/11/2018 at 3:46 AM, sburke said:

If only Combat Mission was available on Steam, we wouldn't have to worry about patches and all the different versions. On Steam, the latest version is always available for easy downloading.

9 hours ago, JSj said:

If only Combat Mission was available on Steam, we wouldn't have to worry about patches and all the different versions. On Steam, the latest version is always available for easy downloading.

heh well before the storm starts, that isn't going to happen anytime soon.  BF position and they are not budging for reasons they have explained on these boards many times.  Besides it is always available from their site as well.

Edited by sburke

• 2 weeks later...