v1.01 Patch is here!

18 hours ago, Anthony P. said:

I don't see any division patches on either 82nd nor 101st airborne winter units, which I'd expect since they wear the same jackets as when you select normal uniforms. Is this a bug, or by design?

Hi,

there are only no explicit textures. But I tested and when you put textures with [101st] and [82nd] in your mod-folder, these uniforms will be shown!

Greetings, alex

On 2016-05-23 at 2:03 AM, Erwin said:

You make it sound easy, but I still am confused.  How does one know which mods have "strings".  And what is the "game install mod location" - where the game installs or where the mods install?   Sounds like the safest action is to remove the mods folder altogether b4 installing any patch, so one doesn't have to worry about the above.

OK sorry I'll be more explicit.

On the subject of how do you know -> by reading the fine print / readme / forum post associated with the mod.  For example Vin goes out of his way to point out that his mods are version specific.  If you don't see that kind of language in the description of a mod then it is not version specific.  At the moment the only one I know of is Vin's Animated text mod.

On the subject of where to put mods ->

On my machine I have CMFB installed in "C:\Programs\Battlefront\CMFB".  Which means that there is place for mods in the documents folder in a location like this: "C:\Users\<username>\Documents\Battlefront\Combat Mission\Final Blitzkrieg\User Data\Mods".  That location will be used by any version of the CMFB game you have installed.  There is however another place you can put mods - under the game install directory, which for me is here: "C:\Programs\Battlefront\CMFB\Data" that location will only be used by the version of the game installed at "C:\Programs\Battlefront\CMFB".  I always create a "Mods" folder under that so I can keep track of what I added.  So now I can have "C:\Programs\Battlefront\CMFB" and "C:\Programs\Battlefront\CMFB101" running and sharing all my Aris vehicle mods (in the shared my documents mod directory) but each with their own version of Vin's Animated text mod (each a separate mod in the game install directory).

If you are not one to keep multiple versions around for long I admit it is not really super important.  But it does serve as a reminder that certain mods are version specific.  My way of working is to copy my game install and patch the copy so I am then able to run either version. After I do that copy I delete any install directory mods so after my patch it will run without problems.

Ever since CM1 and CMSF I have installed all BF games to c:/sims/'GAME NAME" and did not have a problem for many years.  However, I get the feeling that this now confuses the updater for patches etc, as I found a 2nd installation of the game elsewhere, and had to manually move the new files into the correct folders in order to get the v1.01 running.

On 5/22/2016 at 8:38 PM, ChrisND said:

Bug Fixes

* Floating trenches and moving fortifications in TCP/IP fixed.

Mines appear to still have teleport capability. Here they are magically appearing in my spawn at the start of a quickbattle game. They were placed at start nearly 700m away.

Saving and reloading moved the mines to their correct locations.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone else seeing this problem when trying to install the patch.  I have my game on an alternate drive.  Not my main one.  I tried unzipping to that drive and then installing and also installing from inside the game folder.  I keep getting the same message.  Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

Screen Shot 06-11-16 at 02.41 PM.JPG

Edited by eniced73
forgot screen shot

I think it tries to install to the BF default install path.  If you have a different path you need to copy the files into the correct folders manually.  At least that is what I had to do.  Wish BF would give us a choice (ie: able to "BROWSE") of install path with patches.

On May 29, 2016 at 4:51 AM, SgtHatred said:

Mines appear to still have teleport capability. Here they are magically appearing in my spawn at the start of a quickbattle game. They were placed at start nearly 700m away.

Saving and reloading moved the mines to their correct locations.

On June 8, 2016 at 8:04 AM, Anthony P. said:

The M1919A6 gets a second bipod when semi-deployed on the ground:

i2D3aZO.png

The loader here is awfully low down to be operating his .50 cal:

y11XEea.png

Gah! Thanks for the reports. I'll verify and pass them on. (Is a dual bipod a quapod?)

Ken

I don't think halfie gunners ever button due to incoming fire, so "buttoning faster" isn't relevant. The change with halftrack gunners on the advent of FB is that they default to buttoned, and won't fire unless "opened up". Given the rate at which they die, they'd have to button really quickly for it to make much difference :)

• 2 weeks later...
On 23 May 2016 at 0:55 PM, Erwin said:

When I install the patch, it doesn't work - in that I don't see the new 1.01 data in the data folder.  I installed the original game to C:/SIMS/CMFB and I know that the patch must go into the installed folder.  However, the patch installer doesn't give one the opportunity to select which folder to install the patch to.  Is it installing to another folder?  How to get it to install to the correct folder?

Thank you Erwin.

On my Mac it was opening a New folder in my Applications folder. Copied all of the contents to where I want them and it worked.

Up to now, on all the Mac Updaters we had the choice of choosing where to install the Updates. 

BF please think of including this feature in an upcoming update, if possible?

Cheers!

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

My guess is you are unzipping more than just the patch and it is selecting other archived files at the same time.  That particular file is not part of the BF patch.  That sounds like a mod file that is also being affected.  You may want to make sure the patch file goes into a directory with no other files in it

Edited by sburke

Hi, thanks for the patch!

Just one small bug report (so far, lol)

the trigger for music splash.wav is still broken during scenario load. music intro.wav plays instead. (music end of battle.wav works fine as normal after a scenario).

Just mentioning it in case you were unaware. I see Erwin and CMFDR were talking about the bug in Maps & Mods before 1.01 patch release... :)

• 1 year later...

Hi all,

It's been a really long time since I launched any of my CM games, I updated them to V4 engine and now CMFB is saying Im on version 2.00.

For the record CMBN says Im on V4.00.

How do I know Im using latest patch ? on the Patch page CMFB is saying V3.02 is the latest so Im not sure why mine is on Version 2.00 for example.

Sorry if it's a realy dumb question, as I said I've been away from game and forum for a long time, but I'd like to play my games theses days...