Moving games to a different HD.

Wburn

Yep.  The games move just fine.  The shortcuts that were created by the install program will not work unless you manually update them but the game will be totally fine running in its new location.  Or perhaps I am misunderstanding are you just replacing one external drive with a new bigger one that will eventually use the same drive letter once you are all finished.  In that case you will not even need to do that.

If you do move the game to a new location, with a new drive letter, the uninstall program will not be able to find the game so if you ever uninstall from control panel that will fail but really all you need to do to uninstall is delete the game directory and the matching directory in the My Documents location.  Another potential gotcha is future patch installers may assume it knows where the game is installed and just patch it never giving you the chance to specify a directory the game is located in.  If that happens all you need to do is copy the files that the patch creates over top of the files in the games new location.  The current CMFB patch install does this.  I hope that future patches will include an install er that adds a step to specify the game location during install.