Nice Artwork

This forum tends to accumulate critisism, and I am an active contributor to this. ;)

But in all fairness and to appreciate the work Battlefront has done on CMFB I have to give them some cudos:

The visual appeal of CMFB is just outstanding! To me CMFB is a real beauty. My FRAPS-file is overflowing with pictures of serene rolling low-mountain-range landscapes dotted with burning tanks, majestetic woods of wide-standing, tall pine trees with M3 halftracks passing through them, and Machinegun-teams taking cover from mortar-fire behind the elegant curving snow banks of small copses.

The beatuiful, calm landscapes, contrasting with the starkly violent action, give CMFB a very distinct atmosphere which I totally like! :)

Good Job Battlefront!

Morbo

7 hours ago, Wodin said:

I agree..CMx2 graphics have been unfairly criticised I feel. I do wish we had better and more varied animations though for the soldiers esp hunt movement.

I completely agree. 

Could the graphics be better? I suppose. After all nothing is perfect. But what we have looks pretty good as it is, and (for me at least) mods add the extra flavor I want. 

I'm hoping that the animations are improved and expanded in the future, but they are very functional as it is now, and I really don't see it as a major issue. 

The best part is, it's only going to get better from here!

Edited by IICptMillerII

Nice! :)

Yeah, the graphics could be better. But Battlefront did by far the best artwork for this title!

On 18.5.2016 at 3:11 PM, hank24 said:

+1 to that, especially the snow scenarios remind me to the good old hunting days. Best whishes from Süderwalsede, by the way (40 km from Bremen).

LOL you gotta be kidding me! My sister plus her family lives in Groß Sehlingen, and pass I through your village regularly when I do road bike training. ;)

DasMorbo,

Considering what we started with in CMBN, we are way beyond that and have even surpassed CMBS in terms of the artwork and resolution. I don't have much of a video card here, nor much RAM, but it's clear from the screenshots that we're, relatively speaking, in the stratosphere these days in terms of how the game looks, let alone the magic the modders do. The only issue I've ever raised about the art was the cover art on the physical game and manual.

Regards,

John Kettler

8 hours ago, IICptMillerII said:

But what we have looks pretty good as it is...

Indeed. In fact it is so good that the last time I bothered to install mods was all the way back in CMBO about a decade and a half ago. Not that I disparage the work of the modders, I just don't feel a compelling need.

Michael

38 minutes ago, Michael Emrys said:

Indeed. In fact it is so good that the last time I bothered to install mods was all the way back in CMBO about a decade and a half ago. Not that I disparage the work of the modders, I just don't feel a compelling need.

Michael

Fair enough! :) 

What I mean by using mods to add flavor is things such as adding unit patches to the soldiers, or tweaking the uniforms slightly to fit a specific campaign/scenario. Things like that. I also have a sound compilation mod that makes the firefights sound more like Band of Brothers, Saving Private Ryan and a few choice sounds from a few video games that I really enjoy. For me, mods are like all the cool gear accessories to a standard GI Joe.

45 minutes ago, John Kettler said:

Since I don't have the game, in any form, could you please post a pic? Must've missed the "Dracula vs the Red Army!" Module.

I'm at work, but this will do ( background is "the guy" ).

http://www.battlefront.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=blogcategory&id=330&Itemid=569

- ok, weird, clicking on the link takes you to "page not found", but if you cut and paste the above into the browser address bar, it works ... :blink:

Edited by Baneman

31 minutes ago, IanL said:

Which we do every, single day.  So, yeah only going to get better...

It was in reply to the rest of his post too, where he wrote that things are pretty good as they are, but then still expecting them to improve. I thought that was interesting.