Tiger II Ausf. B (H) Camo

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Test with different filters rendering in game:

Shaders OFF (Ctrl+M) without AA, SweetFx Reshade OFF (Scroll-Lock) with SMAA.

305598CMFinalBlitzkrieg20160516133358.pn

Shaders OFF (Ctrl+M) without AA, SweetFx Reshade ON (Scroll-Lock) with SMAA.

386913CMFinalBlitzkrieg20160516133404.pn

Shaders ON (Ctrl+M) without AA, SweetFx Reshade OFF (Scroll-Lock) with SMAA.

717163CMFinalBlitzkrieg20160516133410.pn

Shaders ON (Ctrl+M) without AA, SweetFx Reshade ON (Scroll-Lock) with SMAA.

176367CMFinalBlitzkrieg20160516133412.pn

Shaders ON (Ctrl+M) without AA, SweetFx Reshade ON (Scroll-Lock) with SMAA.

225195CMFinalBlitzkrieg20160516133520.pn

Work in progress...

I actually think the first pic is the most realistic-looking in terms of winter gloom.  The 2nd is also good - a bit of sunshine.  The third and 4th look way too contrasty and the tank looks like it's painted to stand out against the terrain, not blend in.

2 hours ago, Erwin said:

I actually think the first pic is the most realistic-looking in terms of winter gloom.  The 2nd is also good - a bit of sunshine.  The third and 4th look way too contrasty and the tank looks like it's painted to stand out against the terrain, not blend in.

It's just your opinion and I do not agree for some reason: First, if my wife said the three and four are better, I just trust her (and she's 2D/3D graphic designer like me). But you could always play with the first rendering (with shaders OFF), as you may know. Second, take in mind that the snow and mud have not yet been implemented. It's my fault; I should have done a test with the autumnal environment ! :D But, no matter, the colorimetry fit perfectly with the environment even it's a snowy place. 

Edit: Btw, I'm using FXShine CMRT v201 by BarbaricCo (with some changes made by myself)

Update of the day...Details and personnalization of the model.

Pz.Kpfw. VI Tiger Ausf. B N° 555 Stab/s.SS-Pz.Abt.502 (Sturmbannführer Kurt Hartrampf) 

809539CMFinalBlitzkrieg20160517154926.pn

993876CMFinalBlitzkrieg20160517191531.pn

782866CMFinalBlitzkrieg20160517191403.pn

782866CMFinalBlitzkrieg20160517191403.pn

614596CMFinalBlitzkrieg20160517191339.pn

482480CMFinalBlitzkrieg20160517191230.pn

177589CMFinalBlitzkrieg20160517191203.pn

Edited by Worghern

5 hours ago, Erwin said:

I agree with Erwin... those first two pics are the best from any pic you have posted so far.

The pictures and the model you made are beautiful, Worghern.  I am talking about the realism of having a camo'd vehicle that is supposed to be hard to spot.  You have done the opposite in order to showcase the lovely model you made.  That is fine for your graphics purposes.  It is wonderful that your wife likes it.  That's the ultimate endorsement for a wargame.   :) 

Work in progress....

Check the right info. It's not a finished product....What you are to appreciate, fellow trooper, it is an image with shaders in OFF mode. For me it is an image without flavor, no heat and no dynamic light. Somehow, a dull image. I know a lot of players play that way, but that is not authentic or realistic in anything. You base your conclusions on an image, on a feeling; that does not make sense.

Edited by Worghern

Check those screens. And tell me, what are the "best"...And you will recognize that the issue is very personal.

Stock Game. Stock Shaders. OpenGL Reshade installed.

Shaders ON (Ctrl+M) without AA, SweetFx Reshade OFF (Scroll-Lock) with SMAA.

800473CMFinalBlitzkrieg20160518004950.pn

Shaders ON (Ctrl+M) without AA, SweetFx Reshade ON (Scroll-Lock) with SMAA.

424349CMFinalBlitzkrieg20160518004955.pn

Shaders OFF (Ctrl+M) without AA, SweetFx Reshade ON (Scroll-Lock) with SMAA.

820435CMFinalBlitzkrieg20160518005004.pn

889292CMFinalBlitzkrieg20160518005008.pn

Edited by Worghern

Worghern -- in terms of voting for which image looks best -- I wonder if there is another factor we should take into consideration, namely, the fact that everyone of us has our monitors calibrated in entirely different ways, for gamma, color scheme,brightness, etc. etc.

The reason I bring this up is that when I look at your examples -- both here and in your environment mod -- I really love the images that have the SweetFX and shaders ON. The images look spectacular to me.

However, when I try to reproduce that -- speaking specifically of your released environment mod now -- the image I get is much harsher and more garish, in short, pretty unpleasant. Thus I've been using your wonderful environment textures but leaving SweetFX and all that off. 

Surely this must be due to how my monitor is calibrated in comparison to yours? With your monitor specs, your images with SweetFX and shaders enabled look terrific. With my monitor under the same settings, the image looks much to vibrant and artificially bright. 

Maybe what I'm saying is too obvious to be worth discussing, I'm not sure -- you're the expert and I defer to you.

Edited by sandman2575

3 minutes ago, sandman2575 said:

Worghern -- in terms of voting for which image looks best -- I wonder if there is another factor we should take into consideration, namely, the fact that everyone of us has our monitors calibrated in entirely different ways, for gamma, color scheme,brightness, etc. etc.

Bingo ! You put your finger on it ! And you can not imagine all existing possibilities ! Imagine when a developer have to create a game and should satisfy the widest possible audience. It's just Dantestic ! There are sooo many factor: gpu, cpu, ram, screens, drivers, etc, etc, etc...

Ok, wait a moment, please. Right now, I prepare a little fun exercise, you will see and tell me what you think.

Ok, let's go. I warn you, your brain will heat !

The first series of images above presented: Stock Game. Stock Shaders. OpenGL Reshade installed.

Now, the Second part:  Stock Game. FXShine CMRT v201 by BarbaricCo Shaders installed. OpenGL Reshade installed.

Shaders OFF (Ctrl+M) without AA, SweetFx Reshade OFF (Scroll-Lock) with SMAA.

670860CMFinalBlitzkrieg20160518020133.pn

736014CMFinalBlitzkrieg20160518020135.pn

200197CMFinalBlitzkrieg20160518020140.pn

161056CMFinalBlitzkrieg20160518020142.pn

Conclusion: As you can see, even with the stock game, the shaders of BarbaricCo bring us something extra to the game. Now, let push a little more the experience...

Edit: in the first serie, there is an error: the fourth image shows shaders OFF and not ON...Sorry for the mistake...

Edited by Worghern

The third part:  Environment 2.0 installed. FXShine CMRT v201 by BarbaricCo Shaders installed. OpenGL Reshade installed.

467397CMFinalBlitzkrieg20160518011711.pn

346161CMFinalBlitzkrieg20160518011715.pn

340979CMFinalBlitzkrieg20160518011720.pn

389436CMFinalBlitzkrieg20160518011724.pn

The fourth part: Environment 2.0 installed. KT Mod installed. Stock Shaders. OpenGL Reshade installed.

202750CMFinalBlitzkrieg20160518013323.pn

521655CMFinalBlitzkrieg20160518013328.pn

817935CMFinalBlitzkrieg20160518013337.pn

256496CMFinalBlitzkrieg20160518013341.pn

The fifth part:  Environment 2.0 installed. KT mod installed. FXShine CMRT v201 by BarbaricCo Shaders installed. OpenGL Reshade installed.

208783CMFinalBlitzkrieg20160518013549.pn

500020CMFinalBlitzkrieg20160518013552.pn

Shaders ON (Ctrl+M) without AA, SweetFx Reshade ON (Scroll-Lock) with SMAA. 268741CMFinalBlitzkrieg20160518013556.pn

Shaders ON (Ctrl+M) without AA, SweetFx Reshade ON (Scroll-Lock) with SMAA. 886695CMFinalBlitzkrieg20160518013559.pn

Edited by Worghern

And we could continue with some other combinaison...

The sixfth part:  Stock Environment. KT mod installed. FXShine CMRT v201 by BarbaricCo Shaders installed. OpenGL Reshade installed.

136341CMFinalBlitzkrieg20160518012250.pn

795536CMFinalBlitzkrieg20160518012257.pn

807096CMFinalBlitzkrieg20160518012302.pn

390096CMFinalBlitzkrieg20160518012304.pn

Do have I to continue ? Because I tested all the combinaison possible ! This exercise was trying to show you how to plan your work. Everything must be taken into account. Winter, autumn, snow, cold, shaders enabled, disabled, etc .... The most difficult is to find the right compromise between enabled and disabled shaders. Whether was the original shaders or those from BarbaricCo. I do not hide that my mods are optimized with Reshade and BarbaricCo's shaders because I think they bring a much better rendering and more opportunities to play than the original filters. However, my mods also work very well with the original game.

Edited by Worghern

From a purely subjective perspective, my preferred example in every instance and on my monitor is with shaders off and Reshade on.

I can see what the shaders are trying to do but unfortunately I do not think they do it well, though this is because of limitations in the game's rendering engine. Instead of ambient occlusion we get darkening of the shadows, which just erases detail, and instead of specular highlights we get increased brightness, which add an unrealistic contrast and seems to my eye to make colours too saturated.

It is also not possible to separate the image from the context. When I see snow I think that there will be a lot of bounced light, even on a relatively overcast day, which to me doesn't seem to fit with the increased contrast we get with shaders on. And of course you cannot remove personal taste, e.g., realistic versus stylised.

Please don't take this as a criticism of your work. I greatly appreciate what you are doing and fully understand the boundaries the engine places on what can be done. I would really like to see what could be achieved by baking ambient occlusion and specular highlights into the textures but I don't have time to try painting these in by hand so it is left to my imagination.

Something I forgot to take in count is that the screenshots's tool and processing .png tends to darken the picture ...Otherwise I have corrected a little bit the shaders but nothing definitive.

Close up. look at the welds ;)

989278CMFinalBlitzkrieg20160518034247.pn

597758CMFinalBlitzkrieg20160518034324.pn

177144CMFinalBlitzkrieg20160518032831.pn

Edited by Worghern

"...my preferred example in every instance and on my monitor is with shaders off and Reshade on."   Same here.   They are all beautiful images of a lovely model.  The way I am judging them is how well the vehicle blends into the BG.

My remarks make no sense?

Right, first off I'm well aware that your creation is a work in progress... secondly, I was not making any kind of demands on what you should do to the vehicle in any way.

My remarks was simply stating an opinion on the pictures you had shown to that point... That I liked the look of the first two.... how does me stating that ''I like the look of the first two pictures best'' equate to your statement that I'm making no sense???

Thank you very much Ghostrider3/3 and Fizou, it's a pleasure :)

3 hours ago, Trooper117 said:

That I liked the look of the first two....

That is not what you said. I just explained that you could not said that those screens are "the best" so far. But, if you like it, you're welcome ;) Sorry if we misunderstood us...

1 hour ago, GhostRider3/3 said:

Very Nice... looks great.

3 hours ago, Fizou said:

@Worghern - thats the best looking KT I have ever seen. Big thanks for showing the steps to create it.

Thank you very much Fizou and Ghostrider 3/3.  Your support is welcome. It is a pleasure to show you step by step the creation of a texture and how I' working. Thanks to mention it Fizou. I am very happy that you like it, thank you. :)

Best regards,

Edited by Worghern