Parroy Forest Play Test

If you are interested trying this tactical situation in the fortified forest south of the Marne–Rhine Canal send me a PM. US single player or H2H. The cross roads are up for grabs. This battle takes place just inside the CMFT time window. It's been said the 79th's performance was exemplary when compare to the US fighting in the Hürtgen Forest. And the 15th PzGren was well armed and motivated since Hitler fought in the forest in WWI. Please don't post any spoilers here. Any amount of testing will be great.

Kevin

iwpz6s.jpg

Edited by kevinkin

The battle is company+ scaled and about an hour or so in length. Although there are AI plans for the German defender, I would play that side only H2H from an entertainment POV. If you want a copy you can PM me. Thanks.

Kevin

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks to all the testers. The mission is ready over at the Scenario Depot III. Feedback is welcome and always instructive. But send any with spoilers via email or a PM. CMFDR provided an English to French translation of the briefings and landmarks which will be found in a separate btt file. 

Enjoy. 

Edited by kevinkin

• 3 weeks later...

I tested this and basically shut it off immediately when I realized that there is defensive artillery plotted for round 1 directly in front of the attacker's deployment zones. It is bad enough that the AI does this in Quick Battles, but from a scenario designer I consider it a personal "F--- you". You do realize that there is a function to already have squads depleted? Because that is a more elegant and less aggravating solution than bombarding them with fire you can't dodge anyway.

I will consider your feedback along with the others who did not have as much an issue with the defensive fire. They must have found the rest of the battle worth continuing whatever losses they took. Oh, we would prefer spoilers be sent via PM or email (or well hidden at the bottom of the post with a warning). See my 28 May post above. Thanks.

Regards

Kevin

Edited by kevinkin