M60T v Kornet

5 hours ago, kinophile said:

I'm always surprised just how beurocratic ISIS is. But I guess when you're playing make-believe state it's better to fully commit to the fantasy. 

The IS leadership is dominated by the  ex-Baathists, from Saddams security services. It may explain their bureaucratic  approach.

4 hours ago, Ivanov said:

The IS leadership is dominated by the  ex-Baathists, from Saddams security services. It may explain their bureaucratic  approach.

From my experience, there's an almost cargo cult aspect to government in the Arabic world.  Simply having a minster and vice minster, with a vice minster's aid is sufficient to ensure functional governance, with the greater amount of paperwork generated by each of those functionaries directly contributing to the overall health of the country.  

1 hour ago, panzersaurkrautwerfer said:

From my experience, there's an almost cargo cult aspect to government in the Arabic world.  Simply having a minster and vice minster, with a vice minster's aid is sufficient to ensure functional governance, with the greater amount of paperwork generated by each of those functionaries directly contributing to the overall health of the country.  

Keeping in mind, that for hundreds of years the whole region was under an absolute rule of the Ottoman Empire, I can certainly believe this statement :D