First Made Battle - Le Varimesmel

I made this with warrior mode and have won on both sides. This is my very first battle made using the scenario editor you need CM:BN and the market garden module. Pretty rough draft but my first attempt ever at it. You do not NOT need commonwealth module. Please tell me if you like this play style. You can play either side. Allied paras hold more ground. It  is best played as allies.

Le Varimesmel

Semi-historical

June 1994

101st vs SS on the Cotentin peninsula, France.

DOWLOAD and  put in your scenarios folder, then while in game click battles at menu and look for : Le Varimesmel

Le Varimesmil.btt

Consider posting to "The Proving Grounds II" - http://www.thefewgoodmen.com/tpg2/ - if you're looking for play-testers.

Consider posting to "The Scenario Depot III" - http://www.thefewgoodmen.com/tsd3/ - if done and final.

Both sites cater better to scenario development and provide player feedback.  Thanks for your efforts on this.  Good luck producing more.

6 hours ago, RockinHarry said:

<snipped>

And btw. TPGII/SDIII is no better with regards to feedback than is here. 

Literally true but threads here move to the background over time which will make this scenario hard to find.  TPGII and SDIII are intended to specifically support scenario development as a true interactive repository.  I am aware of the rudely juvenile posts directed at a JonS scenario when these sites were first launched.  Still, I would like to support efforts there in the manner they originally intended.

Good luck, user1000!  May your scenario's be frequent and many!!

On 4.5.2016 at 4:01 AM, user1000 said:

I made this with warrior mode and have won on both sides. This is my very first battle made using the scenario editor you need CM:BN and the market garden module. Pretty rough draft but my first attempt ever at it. You do not NOT need commonwealth module. Please tell me if you like this play style. You can play either side. Allied paras hold more ground. It  is best played as allies.

Le Varimesmel

Semi-historical

June 1994

101st vs SS on the Cotentin peninsula, France.

DOWLOAD and  put in your scenarios folder, then while in game click battles at menu and look for : Le Varimesmel

Le Varimesmil.btt

I´d started as allies as suggested but I see that it´s yet really a rough draft. ^^ Before I continue, is the setup for the various buildings as intended? A couple of them do not have any doors, while other adjoining ones do have interior walls with and without doors, thus not properly matching.

8 hours ago, RockinHarry said:

I´d started as allies as suggested but I see that it´s yet really a rough draft. ^^ Before I continue, is the setup for the various buildings as intended? A couple of them do not have any doors, while other adjoining ones do have interior walls with and without doors, thus not properly matching.

That problem is on your end good luck.

1 hour ago, user1000 said:

That problem is on your end...Good Luck.

You do understand, User1K, he is asking if the Building Types & Placement are there as intended. Basically, are the Doors, No Doors, Mismatched Building Doors all designed that way in your Scenario.  

Joe

Edited by JoMc67

2 hours ago, JoMc67 said:

You do understand, User1K, he is asking if the Building Types & Placement are there as intended. Basically, are the Doors, No Doors, Mismatched Building Doors all designed that way in your Scenario.  

Joe

Or put another way - how many times have you opened a door to be faced with a brick wall?  Also buildings that have no point of entry are generally the exception rather than the norm - I accept that there are some situations where this may be the case such as using a multistorey single block building to replicate a factory chimney.  As JoMc67 said - if this is your intention then you need to say so somewhere in the briefing, designer notes or using a descriptive landmark annotation on the map.  Otherwise people are not going to play it.

Just checked, a ll of the buildings have doors..

19 hours ago, Combatintman said:

Or put another way - how many times have you opened a door to be faced with a brick wall?  Also buildings that have no point of entry are generally the exception rather than the norm - I accept that there are some situations where this may be the case such as using a multistorey single block building to replicate a factory chimney.  As JoMc67 said - if this is your intention then you need to say so somewhere in the briefing, designer notes or using a descriptive landmark annotation on the map.  Otherwise people are not going to play it.

don't sweat the small stuff..

Interiors and doors aligning properly is something to play close attention to. Its enough that there are doors on the two walls in contact for inf to be able to cross/enter - they do not have to align, but its so much easier to understand what will work if the actually do.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

unfortunately I do not have the time to work on this, so anyone is welcome if you wish to get this to work. The main goal of it was taking the MANY different points and whoever had the highest areas would win between both sides. It took place at the start of the war with US airborne engaging with the SS near Carentan on the cotentin peninsula of France.

Edited by user1000