Sign in to follow this  
danfrodo

commands/buttons messed up -- help!

Hi folks,

Just bought CMBN 'big bundle'.  Installed fine except some of the commands are messed up.  The 'deploy weapon' calls the 'target' function is the biggest problem.  So if I move mortars I can never re-deploy them.  Just spent $105 and game mostly useless w/o the mortar support.  I saw a thread like this on the mac, but not on PC.  I tried the demo before purchase and it worked fine.  I suspect it's due to some mix of patches and commonwealth/market garden add-ons.   Any ideas for fix or some kind of workaround?    is there a way to trick the stupid mortars into deploying w/o explicit command to deploy?   I tried to re-assign the deploy command hotkey but still calls target instead of deploy.

any help greatly appreciated!

Dan

This is a pain to stop you using and enjoying the game straight away: but it is capable of being fixed!

One solution is to take out a helpdesk ticket, BF will walk you through sorting it out. (Second item on the "Support" menu on BF website ...)

Can't say I *know* the correct answer straight off: you do however need to sort it out rather than finding a "trick" command for the problems you are having. Some thoughts ...

The game uses a file, hotkeys.txt, to establish the keys for commands: sounds like this file is messed up?

The game *likes* to be unzipped from the download file and installed from a new, otherwise empty, folder. You have the Demo: did you by any chance put the downloaded big bundle install file into that Demo folder to then run the install process? If so, the hotkeys file, and / or others, may have become corrupted during the install.

I suggest:

- setting aside the big bundle install file;

- deleting both the Demo and big bundle installs;

- re-installing afresh, from a new, empty folder to the suggested default location for the big bundle game files.

See if that "clean" install fixes things?

With problems with the game I have had to used a  free program called revo uninstaller, it gets rid of stuff that might be left in registry/temp folders from demos etc. Windows uninstaller does not remove everything. I use revo to uninstall everything now with great outcome and I have personally used it to fix this game uninstall advance method through revo then re-install the game cleanly.

Edited by user1000

Sign in to follow this