20 new CMFB splash screens & 50 force specific backgrounds

ef7705-1462011458.jpg

Click on the pic to see a preview with a few examples

Gentlemen,

20 new CMFB splash screens plus 50 force specific backgrounds made from colorized WWII b&w pics can be downloaded here:

http://www.file-upload.net/download-11533493/TCMHQCMFBsplashscreensbackgrounds.zip.html

I don´t claim any copyrights for this stuff since I found the pics from various sources via google search.

Simply extrace the files into your z folder. To select a new splash screen go to the "user interface/splash screen" folder in the z directory

and rename your prefered file to "splash background.bmp".

Kind regards

Tom

Edited by TCMHQ

1 hour ago, umlaut said:

Thanks for making these.

But have you considered using the photos as Force Specific Backgrounds instead? Then we would have the opportunity to view all of the pics ramdomly when the game loads.

Cheers

Hi there,

the force specific background pics are already in the zip file and will be randomly choosen by CM.

Cheers

Tom

Be aware there may be something malicious on this site.  I tried to d/l the file and my AVG went on alert.  Then, I got an alarming message - voice and text(!) - supposed from MS warning me that my computer was infected and that my bank details and CC info was being stolen, that MS had frozen my computer, and that I had to immediately call MS to get problem fixed.  My computer would not respond to any commands or clicks.

What I did was turn the machine off and reboot.  Seems fine now.  I'll do some AVG and Spuyot scans now, just in case.  I wish people would simply upload to CMMODS.  These other d/l sites can be very weird or malicious.

1 hour ago, Erwin said:

Be aware there may be something malicious on this site.  I tried to d/l the file and my AVG went on alert.  Then, I got an alarming message - voice and text(!) - supposed from MS warning me that my computer was infected and that my bank details and CC info was being stolen, that MS had frozen my computer, and that I had to immediately call MS to get problem fixed.  My computer would not respond to any commands or clicks.

What I did was turn the machine off and reboot.  Seems fine now.  I'll do some AVG and Spuyot scans now, just in case.  I wish people would simply upload to CMMODS.  These other d/l sites can be very weird or malicious.

Hi Erwin,

File-Upload.net is a popular freehoster... I never had any problems here. Just to make sure my zip file is Ok, I downloaded the file again and checked it with ANTIVIRA....no problems.
Probably the warning message you received was one of this ugly and suspicious security software advertisings from the freeload webseite. I use adblocker with my firefox browser and had never problems with this advertising stuff again. I am sorry, I have no authorisation to upload stuff to CMMODS.

Kind regards

Tom

Thanks for your note.  The problem with these other d/l sites is that it's hard to know which button to click on to get the d/l you want.  It's too easy to find yourself downloading something you don't want.  These sites are clearly designed to be confusing like that.  I

For example:  I just the site again and clicked on the file itself.  Pretty logical, yes.  But, I immediately got a pitch for some gambling operation.

Then I tried the blue button to the bottom right, and I get some British Telecom promotional ****.

Then the one under the big arrow, and I get some other pitch for Adobe...  My AVG tries to debug it and nothing happens.

Somehow in all of this, the screens file did get downloaded(!) and am installing now.  However, a very scary experience.

BTW:  The screens all look very good.  The force-specific screens include the ones in the splash screen folder, so one isn't missing anything.  Thank you...

Edited by Erwin

2 hours ago, TCMHQ said:

Hi Erwin,

File-Upload.net is a popular freehoster... I never had any problems here. Just to make sure my zip file is Ok, I downloaded the file again and checked it with ANTIVIRA....no problems.
Probably the warning message you received was one of this ugly and suspicious security software advertisings from the freeload webseite. I use adblocker with my firefox browser and had never problems with this advertising stuff again. I am sorry, I have no authorisation to upload stuff to CMMODS.

Kind regards

Tom

Could you share it via dropbox-link?

Yes, these are possibly the best quality screens I have seen for CM.  I assume they are colorized B/W shots.  Someone did a very good job on them working on the contrast and other aspects to make pics that really "pop".  Thanks for giving us these.

Are the pics all specifically Ardennes-related?  I would like to use em for some of the other titles, but am not sure if the uniforms and equipment in these pics would be correct for CMBN, CMFI or CMBB.  Anyone know?

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 25.10.2016 at 6:43 PM, Warts 'n' all said:

I've tried this twice, it's messed up my comp twice. Such a shame it isn't on CMModsIII.

Hi Warts

It may be a little late, but I downloaded the force specific backgrounds for CMFB back then and have them ruinning without a problem. If you care, I can povide them to you via my Dropbox. Send a PM, if you want.

• 1 month later...
On 30.12.2016 at 10:05 PM, Holman said:

Any chance that this set will show up on CMModsIII?  I just don't want to deal with file-upload.net.  The only download link I see attempts to install its own downloader software, and there's no way I'm letting that into my computer.

PM me and I will send you a Dropbox link.

File is flagged by Firefox as containing a virus or malware. Didn't see this feature of Firefox in literally thousands of downloads before.

Don't know what's going on with this, but I won't open it, even though it downloaded fully. Shame though, looked quite nice. :(

Very wise not to open it. Are you sure you got the file you wanted though? The MO of those sites is to trick you into downloading various other files other than the one you really want. I have little doubt those downloads are unsafe. Frankly no one should even go to those sites let alone download anything from them. They are so full of malware and crap.

• 2 years later...