MG Team Bug?

Audgisil

I had a machinegun team quick moving to another location. They were pretty spread out but the gunner got hit from a grenade at long range and went down. His MG immediately appeared in the hands of the team leader, who was a good 10 to 20 meters away and also moving. On the next turn, he was hit and the MG immediately landed in the hands of another team member. I would think that buddy aid is necessary to recover the MG. Anyone else seen this? I can't imagine that it's working as intended. This is the latest version of Black Sea.

I think it makes sense for these sort of weapons to not require buddy aid. All members of at least modern MG teams are as far as I know trained, and equipped to use the weapon should the primary gunner get hit, meaning it's just a matter of picking it up, and no need to retrieve ammunition and such.

Thank you for clearing this up. As a design decision I can certainly accept it. Better that someone jumps on the MG right away (when they're stationary - which covers probably 90%) of all situations than everyone just standing there staring at the MG and wondering what to do.

The other 10% is then covered by 80s era action movie sequences where even the smallest explosions throw guys 20 feet into the air. In said situation, the team leader simply catches the MG while running by. :D

On 4/27/2016 at 0:17 PM, Audgisil said:

The other 10% is then covered by 80s era action movie sequences where even the smallest explosions throw guys 20 feet into the air. In said situation, the team leader simply catches the MG while running by. :D

Presicely,  But now you're officially in the "fanboi" club ;).  Otherwise you'd of had to say "FIX OR DOSOMFINK!"

Edited by cool breeze