Winter Bulge

I also would like to have this latest patch, but i can't seem to be able to download it from that site you gave a link to. Also my F-Secure warns me about that site when i open it.

I hope you can upload it somewhere else more safe place.

And thanks btw for your awesome work on these textures and all. :)

Here's a mirror (patch included in first download or alone just below) and Worghern have been provided an FTP to host his files if he wants to do so, while he gets an author account on CMMods III for example.

http://superdupontzeserveur.fr/cm/worghern/WorghernFinalBlitzkrieg_Beta.7z (1 Gb, in 7zip format)

http://superdupontzeserveur.fr/cm/worghern/PATCH04052016.7z (31 Mb)

Note that since CMFI:GL, it's recommended to use documents folder (.\Documents\Battlefront\Combat Mission\Final Blitzkrieg\User Data\Mods) instead of risking messing up with game's root folder.

7 hours ago, Worghern said:

The patch is a graphic update of the mod, add new shaders and update Sweetfx.

-New smoke textures

-New horizon textures

-New shaders

-Correction of divers textures.

-Sweetfx settings Update

smoke textures? so your mod contains changes to smoke from arty and explosions?

Thank you thousand times! Pics look absolutely fantastic! You have spent many, many hours to complete this. One best aspects in CM is that there is so talented people modding the game. Downloading now. Thank you once again. You should deserve a medal!

36 minutes ago, Bootie said:

File is now up. :)

Thank You a thousand times Bootie ! :D

34 minutes ago, verulam said:

I can only thank you for such super work.  Really appreciated.

Thank you very much Verulam :)

11 minutes ago, peter thomas said:

The Autumn aesthetic is really nice, Worghern. Have only tried that so far. Many thanks. Outstanding work. 

Will the shaders not work from within the 'mods' folder, instead of in the root directory? 

Thank you Pete. You have to put all in z folder ;) Only Sweetfx folder is going to the root folder of the game ;)

14 hours ago, sandman2575 said:

First and most important, THANK YOU to Worghern for your tremendous work!  I've installed the package and it's really impressive.

However, is anyone else having trouble getting the SweetFX shader working?  I followed the Readme file closely (I've used SweetFX in other contexts and know how sensitive it is) -- correctly applied gfx settings in-game and also in my Nvidia Control Panel. But something is very clearly not working for me. For example, on the main game menu, the background fades in and out with this 'static' pattern and the text is blurry -- never seen anything like it.

I've removed the Shader for now but would love to know if anyone else has gotten it working without difficulty?

Thank you Worghern for your work. It's fabulous !

BUT i have the same problem than sandman. And the game become very, very slow (even with SLI GTX970) ......

So for the moment i've removed the Shader. Perhaps a solution in the next days. I hope.

I'm french like you so 'merci pour ton investissement, en espérant voir de ta part d'autres contributions de cette qualité'.

Thx for your fantastic work, much appreciated. I have one question. Do I need to use the Sweet Shader? Iam not a great fan of these things. Or dies it work without?

Edited by Crinius

47 minutes ago, Crinius said:

Thx for your fantastic work, much appreciated. I have one question. Do I need to use the Sweet Shader? Iam not a great fan of these things. Or dies it work without?

Hi Crinius,

Thx for your support ;)

You should know before not to install it, I spent hours and hours to find the right balance between BarbaricCo shaders, Reshade and my graphic changes. You should also know that I have spent endless hours to adjust Reshade, first in "Normandy" and lastly with "Final Blitzkrieg". So yes, you can play for free with no problem but you ruin a harmony of the whole. This is of course my point of view. You must know that it eats absolutely no resources or very little. That said, the choice is yours ;)

1 hour ago, Ethercan said:

Thank you Worghern for your work. It's fabulous !

BUT i have the same problem than sandman. And the game become very, very slow (even with SLI GTX970) ......

So for the moment i've removed the Shader. Perhaps a solution in the next days. I hope.

I'm french like you so 'merci pour ton investissement, en espérant voir de ta part d'autres contributions de cette qualité'.

I explained the problem above. Sweetfx will not work well with the menu. You have to tip "scroll lock" button to deactivate it when you're in the menu and tip "scroll lock" button again to activate it once in game  (if you are embarassed with it). Personnally I don't care about it ^^

Dont forget all to ALt+M in game to activate or deactivate the New Shaders  

To activate or deactivate Sweetfx you have to tip the "Scroll Lock" button.

To take screenshots you have to tip the "Print Screen" button.

Edited by Worghern

28 minutes ago, Worghern said:

I explained the problem above. Sweetfx will not work well with the menu. You have to tip "scroll lock" button to deactivate it when you're in the menu and tip "scroll lock" button again to activate it once in game  (if you are embarassed with it). Personnally I don't care about it ^^

Dont forget all to ALt+M in game to activate or deactivate the New Shaders  

To activate or deactivate Sweetfx you have to tip the "Scroll Lock" button.

To take screenshots you have to tip the "Print Screen" button.

The problem with the menu is not very important.

But the lag in the game with the new shaders is too important for playing.

When i rotate camera or move, it's frame by frame !

21 minutes ago, Ethercan said:

The problem with the menu is not very important.

But the lag in the game with the new shaders is too important for playing.

When i rotate camera or move, it's frame by frame !

Do you have correctly applied the requested options? If you have a small machine then it will scale back your settings. I plan to release a light version of the mod but not right away ...

Personnally, my GPU is an eVGA GTX 980 Ti Sc + ACX2.0 + Black Plate (6Go DDR5)

My system is a windows seven 64 bits with i7960 processor cadenced @3.2 Ghz. HD 7200 tr/mn + 13 Go DDR3.

The game run like a charm BUT I have to optimize parameters of my GPU and options in the game.

Edited by Worghern

15 minutes ago, Worghern said:

Do you have correctly applied the requested options? If you have a small machine then it will scale back your settings. I plan to release a light version of the mod but not right away ...

Personnaly, I have a eVGA GTX 980 Ti Sc + ACX2.0 + Black Plate (6Go DDR5)

My system is a windows seven 64 bits with a i7 processor cadenced @3.2 Ghz. HD 7200 tr/mn.

The game run like a charm BUT I have to optimize parmaters of my video card and options in the game.

Yes the requested options are correctly applied and i have a very good machine.

I'm playing at all games in 2560*1440 in Ultra without problems (CM too), but with the new shaders the framerate is very bad.

I'll play with paramaters of my video card and options in the game.

@Ethercan -- I'm not too surprised to hear that you are having framerate issues -- even with a powerful SLI configuration like you have. From my own experience using Worghern's new textures last night, folks should be aware that they make pretty significant demands on your system. CMx2 ordinarily doesn't use more than 50-60% max of my GPU (I have a reasonably powerful although not top-of-the-line rig:  i7 3770k @ 4.6 GHz, Evga GTX 780 Ti SC, 16 GB RAM, Windows 7 x64, playing on a G-Sync'd 144Hz refresh monitor at 1920x1080 resolution) -- but it's now topping at near 100% GPU usage with Worghern's textures. It's especially noticeable on the snow-heavy maps. I think trying to play with W's textures on a 1440p resolution with max graphics settings is going to tax even quite powerful systems.

Just to be clear -- I'm not complaining, Worghern! Looking forward to trying the patches later today and hoping I can get the new shaders to work.

Edited by sandman2575

Just another tip -- From extensive (and frustrating) trial and error -- I've found that the *single* most important setting, in terms of what strains my system, is the 3D Model Quality setting.  I never have this above "Balanced," and have often played with it at "Fastest." The 2nd most taxing setting is Shadows. Turning them off will give you close to a 10 FPS benefit. However, playing with Shadows off looks terrible, IMO. 3D Texture Quality I have set to "Best," with AA, Vert-sync etc. all enabled.

The reality is that CMx2 is pretty badly optimized. There's no reason some of these graphics settings should be so severely straining on even quite powerful systems.

EDIT -- another key setting is in your nvidia Control Panel:  be sure to set "Vertical Sync" to "Adaptive -- Half Refresh Rate" -- this helps smooth out camera panning and map scrolling *considerably* -- I always am sure to have this setting on.

Edited by sandman2575

I only have the demo right and I see no performance difference between the vanilla graphics, Aris' beta terrain mod or Worghern's mod with my i7-920 overclocked to 4 Ghz with a GTX 970.

What i find is the best solution to keep steady frame rates at 30 fps is exactly what sandman2575 wrote: Set your Vertical Sync to "Adaptive - Half Refresh Rate" if you have an nVidia card. Setting this, I get a pretty steady 30 fps on all scenarios for all CMx2 games with shadows and shaders on and mostly at the "Improved" 3D Model Quality setting. Sometimes I can bump it up to "Better" and still keep 30 fps. The only trade off is that I sometimes get that blurred line for the ground textures, but that is tolerable for steady frame rates.

Edited by WallysWorld