Winter Bulge

These are all amazing, but the pic with the Moebelwagen and Hetzer -- Holy Hell!  Gorgeous.

Worghern, I would love to know how you achieve the shading and lighting effects. As if we're not asking enough of you already -- I wonder if you'd consider including whatever shaders / filters / 'sweet fx' settings or tools when you release the landscape mods.

Simply amazing work.

You like Hetzer ? Check this one in ambush, October 1944, somewhere in France...

691513CMFinalBlitzkrieg20160502013936.pn

...And Aris's fx Effects are working so good with Final Blitz :

785271CMFinalBlitzkrieg20160502011424.pn

....Ari's Pzkw IV Autumn pattern is working whell too with the environment !

625273CMFinalBlitzkrieg20160502010651.pn

216185CMFinalBlitzkrieg20160502011756.pn

287591CMFinalBlitzkrieg20160502011614.pn

PS: As you can see, I have corrected the tall grass colorimetry. Thx to Juju to make me compare before and after screens :P

Edited by Worghern

7 hours ago, nik mond said:

Looks ever so good. The trees did you do any adjustment to to the alpha channels?

I had begun to alter alpha channels on winter textures but I understood that it would take too long to resolve. So I have not touched the alphas or very little. I focused on the material, detail and colorimetry.

Thank you very much everyone for your support :)

Edited by Worghern

What is most impressive to me is that the camo'd vehicles and troops actually blend into the landscape now.  Remember how, in the early days of the CM games, the vehicles especially stood out like brightly colored toys in the landscape - the opposite w\of what was supposed to be happening.  But, now things look about "right".  Thank you to everyone who's worked on these mods.

Great work, but it's too dark for my taste.

If you have a bright, blue sky like that, the ground and vegetation looks way to dark and filled with shadows. Your tree-trunks are almost black.

Just my opinion... 

Edited by BodyBag

Lol. Looks dark and miserable, BodyBag, just like Belgium in winter.......

But I think BodyBag may have a point in relation to some of those pics, Worghern - in that sometimes the sky looks too blue for the dark ground beneath. Maybe it's not that the land is too dark, but the sky is too bright? 

The Autumn colourings are particularly beautiful, i think. 

Edited by peter thomas

If I'm not mistaking, Worghern mentioned using a Reshade filter, thus the colors you see might not be exactly what you'll get on your own screen with your own settings. In my very humble opinion, one better wait for the release before drawing any conclusion. I for one am already sold by the atmosphere of it all.

1 hour ago, BodyBag said:

Great work, but it's too dark for my taste.

If you have a bright, blue sky like that, the ground and vegetation looks way to dark and filled with shadows. Your tree-trunks are almost black.

Just my opinion... 

This is just a test with the clouds made by Aris. That's a good point, however, as the original version of the game, the light operates at an angle but will not boot on another. I do not pretend to transform the game. I was clear about that, if you read the messages from the beginning, I proposed just to realise an alternative. However, I will rework the alphas to offer something more suited to autumn colors.

This may depend on your screen too; its quality, its age, its technology, its options, etc....Nothing prevents you to adjust the gamma in. Finally, I use a Reshade optimized version I will add with package; test it at your own tastes. You could use it, or not. BTW, this is the version of Reshade I have optimized for Battle for Normandy. I will adjust it for Final Blitzkrieg ;)

Now make your choice ;)

First screen: Original game without Reshade

173710CMFinalBlitzkrieg20160502165806.pn

Second screen: Original game with Reshade activated

490541CMFinalBlitzkrieg20160502165757.pn

Third screen: Modded game without Reshade

432090CMFinalBlitzkrieg20160502163630.pn

Fourth screen: Modded game with Reshade

238292CMFinalBlitzkrieg20160502163635.pn

Edited by Worghern

1 hour ago, Erwin said:

I find the "reshade" makes the image look "grainy" - like you can see the pixels.

This is due to lumasharpen and filmgrain options. Just edit the SweetFX_settings.txt and change the line corresponding from 1 to 0.

I have some good news. Mod was sent to Shane Greer from cmmodsiii.greenasjade.net. You'll be able to download it tomorrow afternoon (if all goes well) ;)

I consider this release as BETA version because I have other plans for the future. But, as I didn't want to make you languish too long and I think you can enjoy it right now, so I decided to share it immediately. I count on you to report bugs you may encounter. Meanwhile, I wish you good fun, to send me beautiful screens and beautiful videos. I know there are some of you who realize great things about it, so don't hesitate!

Worg

Edited by Worghern