Winter Bulge

14 minutes ago, Andy_101 said:

When you say sound mods don't work with mac, what do you mean?  I have a mac and use Waclaws WW2 sound mods for CMFB and it works perfectly.  

Interesting, when I tried to use sound mod(s) in CMBN with mac, the sounds did not work properly, and there was also discussion about it in here forums. Nice thing, if yhey work now.

22 minutes ago, Reiter said:

Interesting, when I tried to use sound mod(s) in CMBN with mac, the sounds did not work properly, and there was also discussion about it in here forums. Nice thing, if yhey work now.

To be fair, I have no idea if this is down to the setup of my mac or not?  I'm not computer savvy enough!  I bought a top-of-the-range Macbook Pro Retina a couple years back.  With this mac I've never had any issues with mods - sounds or otherwise.  I'm using Worghen's environment mod too, alongside BarbaricCo's FXShine and it looks fantastic with CMFB.  Shame us Mac-Users can't use Sweet-FX, but hey, can't have everything! :)

9 minutes ago, Andy_101 said:

To be fair, I have no idea if this is down to the setup of my mac or not?  I'm not computer savvy enough!  I bought a top-of-the-range Macbook Pro Retina a couple years back.  With this mac I've never had any issues with mods - sounds or otherwise.  I'm using Worghen's environment mod too, alongside BarbaricCo's FXShine and it looks fantastic with CMFB.  Shame us Mac-Users can't use Sweet-FX, but hey, can't have everything! :)

What  BarbaricCo's FXShine you are using, or is there specific one already for CMFB?

6 hours ago, Ethercan said:

I'm not at home and i can't try. Could you disable G-sync for a test ? I have also this option and the same problem so let's try !

Yeah I wondered that myself and have tested with G-sync disabled - makes no difference. Also tryes setting my monitor's refresh rate to 60Hz instead of 144hz - also no difference.

I'm a little surprised by W's post showing the framerates for SwwetFx enabled w/ or w/o lighting enabled:  25 Fps vs. 15 fps.

maybe that's the problem then - I don't really consider these playable framerates - I could maybe tolerate 25 if that was an absolute lower bound (never dipping below that), but 15 fps is just way to laggy to be enjoyable in my opinion. 

Will do do some testing with FRAPS later today to see if I get similar framerates.

Also, the performance issues I'm seeing with SweetFx are definitely not GPU related - the GTX 780 Ti may be last generation but still an upper end card that is plenty powerful enough for me to play other graphics intensive games at ultra settings on a single 1080p monitor. By comparison, I get a constant 100fps when playing Graviteam Mius Front with this same system.

Edited by sandman2575

1 hour ago, Reiter said:

What  BarbaricCo's FXShine you are using, or is there specific one already for CMFB?

In the read-me file it says it works for CMRT, CMBN, CMFI, & CMBS.  I tried it with CMFB and it works the same.  I also tried BarbaricCo's War Movie Advanced (which also works for CMFB) but I prefer FXShine.  When combined with Worghen's work it looks great.  Let me know if you get these working with yours. :) 

4 hours ago, sandman2575 said:

Maybe that's the problem then - I don't really consider these playable framerates - I could maybe tolerate 25 if that was an absolute lower bound (never dipping below that), but 15 fps is just way to laggy to be enjoyable in my opinion. 

Also, the performance issues I'm seeing with SweetFx are definitely not GPU related - the GTX 780 Ti may be last generation but still an upper end card that is plenty powerful enough for me to play other graphics intensive games at ultra settings on a single 1080p monitor. By comparison, I get a constant 100fps when playing Graviteam Mius Front with this same system.

1/ This is STATIC value not CONSTANT value. (FPS)

2/ These pictures are trying to make you understand that optimization of the game is 90% the cause of the problem, not the mod, not sweetfx. This is the same thing for RT and BN. The remaining 10% is the direct cause of your system: I'm going to reduce the resolution of some textures because your system is up to knee, but nothing bad.

3/ You GPU is Definitively out to date.

4/ Mius Front is a Directx game developped with the last Graphic Engine from Graviteam. It could NOT be compared to BFC's CM, developped with OpenGL....And Nvidia is Directx manufactured... 

...Last tip. You might try enabling triple buffering in the Control Panel. It is supposed to help with OpenGL games. It will help...a bit...

I won't argue with you that CM is poorly optimized and therein lies most of the difficulty, not with your mod or with SweetFX.

Unfortunately, you have no idea what you're talking about if you insist that the 780Ti is a "definitely out of date" GPU -- it is, as I said, a last generation GPU, but it still outperforms high-end cards like the GTX 970. Obviously the 980 and 980Ti outperform the 780Ti, but unless your definition of an "up to date" GPU means "absolute top of the line," then not sure what to tell you.

I had enabled triple buffering already, per your directions in the Readme file. 

Sandman,

You could not compare a *80 series with a *70 series. You think a 2013 GPU is always on top ? Ok, you know certainly something I don't know...If I'm reasoning this way, my eVga GTX 680 is better than some 970 ... It also doesn't make sense...But the problem is not here..

I develop mods to CM series since Beyond Overlord.  I do it primarily for myself. I decided to share my work with enthusiasts as I am. If you do not like this or that aspect of my creations, you are free to see elsewhere...If you are experiencing problems, just delete it. 

"It is not perfect so just either accept that or back away and wait til 2017 for the module. Fair enough ?"

(kohlenklau 12.14.15)

I couldn't say better...

Worg

Edited by Worghern

2 hours ago, Worghern said:

Sandman,

You think a 2013 GPU is always on top ? Ok, you know certainly something I don't know..

Nowhere did I write or even imply anything of the kind. You seemed to be strongly implying in your earlier post that the performance issues I was experiencing were in part due to an insufficiently powerful PC. I simply disagree with this diagnosis, completely.

Just now, sandman2575 said:

Nowhere did I write or even imply anything of the kind. You seemed to be strongly implying in your earlier post that the performance issues I was experiencing were in part due to an insufficiently powerful PC. I simply disagree with this diagnosis, completely.

Even my gtx 980 with 6 gb DDR5 onboard is suffering ! Then imagine your 780 .... And do not complain, it's worse with Red Thunder. And with or without sweetfx, it does not change anything. 1 fps lost if I use shaders with, that's all. Which solicits a lot of memory, it is the shaders, whether original or modified.

just to add my personal experience with this mod, my card is a gtx 960, I got no fps drop adding the new Worghern texture and the sweetfx.

But I got  a serious frame drop using the nvidia settings included in the the readme file so I stick back to my previous one.

I have only to complain about the sweetfx and the main menu graphic glitch and some other strange flashes during the game.

Edited by massimoFGM

Woghern, our little disagreement aside, I just want to reiterate what I said earlier, which is that you mod is superb, and that I (like everyone else here) am grateful for your decision to share your hard work with us. My apologies if the tone got a little testy - I wasn't implying that you or your mod was to blame for some of the issues I was having with the SweetFX. But enough about that. Your mod adds a lot to Final Blitzkrieg and I am enjoying using it.

1 hour ago, massimoFGM said:

just to add my personal experience with this mod, my card is a gtx 960, I got no fps drop adding the new Worghern texture and the sweetfx.

But I got  a serious frame drop using the nvidia settings included in the the readme file so I stick back to my previous one.

I have only to complain about the sweetfx and the main menu graphic glitch and some other strange flashes during the game.

Ah ! Very interesting, could you tell us what are your parameters by default, please ?

1 hour ago, sandman2575 said:

Woghern, our little disagreement aside, I just want to reiterate what I said earlier, which is that you mod is superb, and that I (like everyone else here) am grateful for your decision to share your hard work with us. My apologies if the tone got a little testy - I wasn't implying that you or your mod was to blame for some of the issues I was having with the SweetFX. But enough about that. Your mod adds a lot to Final Blitzkrieg and I am enjoying using it.

No problem at all, have fun Sandman ;) And have you some probs with shaders OFF and sweetfx ON ? Otherwise, I will optimize the package, I'm searching for some solutions here and here, let me some time ;)

Edited by Worghern