Winter Bulge

830152CMFinalBlitzkrieg20160416152625a.p

176654CMFinalBlitzkrieg20160417163607a.p

862356CMFinalBlitzkrieg20160417163517.pn

835844CMFinalBlitzkrieg20160417163431.pn

387749CMFinalBlitzkrieg20160417163403.pn

911756CMFinalBlitzkrieg20160416154006.pn

Work on streams, the cloud ceiling, the bark of pine trees (again), some ground textures, editing too abundant branches in winter (again), refinishing colorimetry of the whole.

Stay tuned ! More to come...

Edited by Worghern

6 hours ago, Bil Hardenberger said:

Some very nice work there.  Not as sold on the pine trees yet but I understand that it's still a work in progress. 

Keep it up!

I think pine trees can´t be made to look properly covered with snow due to single plane geometry and textures at least not at close range LOD. There need to be something like a back-, or underside geometry and additional texture to make it look right from the underside. A different arrangement of the branches planes would be necessary as well, so shaders have more of an impact on the underside to make them look darker. The way they are now obviously helps frame rates to remain within acceptable limits.

To summarize, I can play on texture (colorimetry, material, details) but unfortunately without access to the 3D mesh, I can not affect the uvw maps. Besides, as you can see, the texel is distorted in some polygons (the pixel ratio was not respected). I can not change that, considering the limitations of my accessibility to the materials. Just like the tiling in some areas being linked to these uvw maps, I can try to minimize the problem; it's feasible, it's long and it's often a waste of time because the texture fits perfectly elsewhere. So to make things clear, I can offer an alternative to the original wrapping, something generic, with its strengths and limitations, just like the original, respectfully to the developers. You are free to use it or not. ;)

Edited by Worghern

2 hours ago, Erwin said:

Yes, if this is the way it looks onscreen and not photoshopped, it's very impressive. 

No retouching, I can assure you. What you see is what you will see in the game. Your comment affects me positively as I have already said because the choices that I have taken turn out good. However, I use a personal filter (on which I spent a lot of time to adjust and optimize) Reshade to further simulate a winter atmosphere. You'll notice that my version of the game pulls cyan while the original game draws more towards the yellow / magenta. I could share it to the community if you wish. ;) 

I would just like to thank you and once again thank everyone for your support ;) Work on the way ! Stay tuned ! :)

Edited by Worghern

29 minutes ago, Worghern said:

No retouching, I can assure you. What you see is what you will see in the game. Your comment affects me positively as I have already said because the choices that I have taken turn out good. However, I use a personal filter (on which I spent a lot of time to adjust and optimize) Reshade to further simulate a winter atmosphere. You'll notice that my version of the game pulls cyan while the original game draws more towards the yellow / magenta. I could share it to the community if you wish. ;) 

I would just like to thank you and once again thank everyone for your support ;) Work on the way ! Stay tuned ! :)

Bring it on! Seems like your mod IMHO has the same potential to change look+feel as back then in the good old CMBO times Maguas Normandy MOD did to the game. I like what I see :) 

3 hours ago, Worghern said:

(...)However, I use a personal filter (on which I spent a lot of time to adjust and optimize) Reshade to further simulate a winter atmosphere. You'll notice that my version of the game pulls cyan while the original game draws more towards the yellow / magenta. I could share it to the community if you wish. ;) 

That would be lovely! Used Reshade a lot on Il-2 BoS/BoM and it takes ages to get a fine tuned filter.

(http://reshade.me/ if you guys don't know)