CMBS Russian Campaign: The Mountains of Allah:Operation Scepter

Ok I found the problem *sigh*. When I updated the briefs in the final draft for this campaign I was in a hurry due to having to go to work. I wanted to get the campaign posted so those that wanted to play it could. So in my usual idiotic things that I do I saved all the briefs to the blue side mission lol. Since this is a campaign to be played from the red side that obviously presented a problem. The blue had all the intel (damn those Chechen spies). This has been corrected and a updated .cam file is here: 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/a1s2opjdrhc22y5/The%20Mountains%20of%20Allah.cam?dl=0

This should correct that oversight guys: my apologies.

One note I failed to mention. In mission 6 called The Siege of Outpost Kharkov which uses a map from a previous mission you will notice that when the mission loads and you start the first turn that the hill top fortifications will magically appear. This is due to the Russian forces occupying the old Chechen fortifications, which will appear as the first turn begins. I would have tried to replace all the former Chechen positions with Russian ones but to get perfect placement on the same map from the previous battle would have been tough. So I elected to do it this way. Some of the Russian forces will appear as the first turn begins out of the fortifications and this was by design as I wanted it to look realistic since they do not know when a attack will begin. Once the first turn ends you can order them to their positions.

Sorry again for the briefing screwup. I will post a new link with the updated .cam file and mod folder once it uploads.

Michael

33 minutes ago, HowMuchForYou? said:

I tried each of your download links but I still dont get the briefing. Im on the third mission.

I went through and checked each mission individually in Battle and the briefs show up. Not sure why they are not in the campaign itself. I deleted all the briefs and maps that I had inadvertantly saved to the Blue side. Make sure you are clicking the Red side and I will continue to look into the problem. Has anyone else had this problem from the latest updated .cam file?

Michael

Ok I went through all the battles in campaign mode and all the briefs are showing up as they should. HowMuchForYou try deleting the .cam file completely from your campaign directory and copy/paste the one from the latest link in its place. Let me know if that works. I think that somehow the old .cam file is not being overwritten properly.

Edited by dragonwynn

I did get both the overall campaign back story and briefing (very well done) and the scenario brief for the first scenario, which I just started. 

Also got the mortars in the first scenario.  All the briefings, were, of course, from the Russian side.

Very nicely done from the couple minutes driving around the first map...still love the night time combat I see.  -_-

Those dug in hilltop positions look tough...gonna take some work to make it through this campaign...now I can see how the Russians fight!

the campaign is amazing I really enjoy it, It's giving me a real war feel. But I think there was a language misunderstanding. I was wondering if the last file you shared was the fix for the briefings.

18 minutes ago, dragonwynn said:

Ok that make me feel better lol. Sorry for the inconvience. I hope the rest of the campaign is going well.

9 hours ago, VladimirTarasov said:

the campaign is amazing I really enjoy it, It's giving me a real war feel. But I think there was a language misunderstanding. I was wondering if the last file you shared was the fix for the briefings.

OH ok sorry for the misunderstanding. The broken link was the file I thought was fine. I tested it in campaign mode and it worked correctly for me. HowMuchForYou the file I sent you had the same briefs and maps for both the blue and red side to see if that would solve your issue. But it will require you to restart the campaign which I know is a pain. 

All I can do is put up the link to that one and wait for some one to say it is ok. It works fine on my end but I really want it to be right for you guys. I will post the new link ASAP. 

Michael

Ok. May the briefing Gods grant me success!! :ph34r:  Here is the updated links to the adjusted .cam file and the full campaign download for those who dont have the mod folder. The briefings are from the RED side only and worked fine in my testing of the campaign. The original problem stemmed from the fact I was in a hurry to get to work and I accidentally put the briefs and maps on the BLUE side. This should fix that. However for the ones who are already into the campaign it will require starting over for the briefs to appear. A pain I know guys and I'm am quite sorry for this goof.

I also made a adjustment in the VP points in one mission for better balance. Nothing campaign changing so if you continue with the older version it will be ok.

The link to just the .cam file (for those who already have the mod folder)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hqq6i1a8p49xydn/The%20Mountains%20of%20Allah.cam?dl=0

The link to the entire campaign (mod folder and updated .cam file)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4vrkcpcr3q5tkei/The%20Mountains%20of%20Allah.zip?dl=0

Please ignore all previous links.

I hope this will fix the issue of the elusive and sneaky briefs. (I still say the Chechens had something to do with it.....:))

Michael