Snowy Trees Mod

• 1 year later...

A question about this mod. If I should have the file "bush-1-bb [snow]" from this pack and would add another file which has the name "bush-1-bb [snow] (2)" to be able to have the original snowy trees file and another similar one made by someone else, how does the game react to that? Does it load both files and use them on different parts of the scenario map or does it use only one of the files?

38 minutes ago, BornGinger said:

A question about this mod. If I should have the file "bush-1-bb [snow]" from this pack and would add another file which has the name "bush-1-bb [snow] (2)" to be able to have the original snowy trees file and another similar one made by someone else, how does the game react to that? Does it load both files and use them on different parts of the scenario map or does it use only one of the files?

Don't forget to share, if it works. ;)

Naming mods folders 'Z' is just for convenience. You can actually name it anything you want as long as the name is lower alphabetically than the game BRZ names (for CMFB it could be any name starting with a letter after 'F'). Often I have two or three mods folders in my Data folder that I mix-and-match as the mood strikes. If you've got multiple mods for the same object the folder name lower on the alphabet will take precedence.

47 minutes ago, MikeyD said:

multiple mods for the same object the folder name lower on the alphabet will take precedence

What exactly is ment by "lower on the alphabet" and " any name starting with a letter after 'F' "? Isn't a letter after F higher up alphabetically, so P would be higher up than N and therefore mods in P would load above mods in N?