This is going to take..ages :(

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 4/14/2016 at 5:38 PM, Fuser said:

Thanks guys for all your kind words, but unfortunately I may have to stop modding for quite some time due to some professional changes (and demands) in my life. Feel free to alter or edit and publish  any of my previous mods to your taste. CMFB will be the first CMx2 ww2 title I may not be able to mod, it feels strange to me, but that´s life!

I've only been playing CM for a week but I've spent a lot of time downloading and installing a ton of your files, so thanks for all those....(we're talking several gb's of skins and textures here)!!

Also, bearing in mind what you said above, I hope you don't mind that I have repacked and adapted all your US and German faces mods for final blitzkrieg so peeps can enjoy these in the new game. Still a WIP and needs checking & testing but it seems OK in the games I've played with it. I'll upload it somewhere better when it's finished. The only thing I want to do is alter the winter faces so they have redder noses/ears (something I noticed in the default files) but I haven't got around to that yet. This version is fine though, for the moment.

Aris' weathered faces for CMFB:

Download CMFB Faces.zip

Edited by Jace11

20 minutes ago, Wodin said:

Would have loved to have seen soldiers with scarves around their faces with a covering of frost or balaclavas on etc. These would have needed to me modeled though I presume.

CMMODs-Winter-Mod-stalingrad-faces.jpg?w

http://cmmodsiii.greenasjade.net/?p=3026

Italian_faces.rar_original.jpg?resize=42

http://cmmodsiii.greenasjade.net/?p=1725

Maybe something could done using these as a base?

@Jace11 if you ever want to share your psd, I would be very mucho interested, like a lot. ;)

ill upload them, they are nothing special, just Aris's faces from various games with the new FB overlays. You can easily import the stock faces and work up a few extra layers (frost, red noses / cheeks etc, dirt). These might save you a bit of time, but the overlays are cut ready...

http://www.mediafire.com/download/yvlb3xya2ceb1l8/templates.zip

The german toque template is wrong though... I think I redid it like the usa one, but evidently I didnt save it. Just needs a skin tone layer to cover the gap between face and cloth I think.

Edited by Jace11

As wrote some days ago, I am really busy this time of the year. Can´t barely find time to mod or even play. But I managed to modify some terrain textures. They are works in progress I may never finish. Feel free to download and use them if you want.

(Link soon,...uploading to Dropbox).

Edited by Fuser

2 hours ago, Fuser said:

As wrote some days ago, I am really busy this time of the year. Can´t barely find time to mod or even play. But I managed to modify some terrain textures. They are works in progress I may never finish. Feel free to download and use them if you want.

(Link soon,...uploading to Dropbox).

Cool, very much appreciated Aris. I use your terrain mods for all titels.

Just remember Aris that you only get one chance to make a good first impression.  I got into lots of trouble cos I was being begged and begged to show something I was working on that wasn't completed to my satisfaction.  The begging is flattering, but I lost a lot of credibility by giving something out that I was still working on.  In my experience, many people are SO easily disappointed and picky.

8 minutes ago, Erwin said:

Just remember Aris that you only get one chance to make a good first impression.  I got into lots of trouble cos I was being begged and begged to show something I was working on that wasn't completed to my satisfaction.  The begging is flattering, but I lost a lot of credibility by giving something out that I was still working on.  In my experience, many people are SO easily disappointed and picky.

Well, actually I wasn't sure whether it was the mod or my graphics card. Sometimes colors are changing when I move my mouse over the terrain and I was just wondering what caused this difference in color of the road. No harm done, of course, like Fuser said, it ain't finished yet. But I like what I see and I'm grateful Fuser wants to share it although it is work in progress. So let's leave it at that.

Edited by Aragorn2002

I don´t plan to finish this (in the short term, that is) , specially knowing there are the modders working on it. I don´t want to cause a good impression, I just want to share what I think it may improve the game. I am very busy, so this is as far as I can go. Thanks and enjoy.

While everyone's looking at terrain, the ploughed fields [snow] tile has been wrecking havoc with my eyes..... the black and white lines makes the distortion effect pretty severe on my system. I don't know if its my texture filtering settings or what but its been driving me nuts on maps like chaumont. I've made a few replacements sets, try them and let me know what you think. One is just bleached white stripes which reduced the effect alot but looked a bit washed out and bright.. The second is Kieme's ploughed field for Black Sea with some snow details. It's ok, simple, dark but has no stripes (no distortion though!). The last is a scratch built texture with wider stripes but lower contrast (again low saturation and contrast to reduce distortion - cant avoid this without bringing back the distortion effect). It still has some distortion, but its much reduced... 

http://www.mediafire.com/download/2qzbg7t3tbbujab/ploughed+fields+snow.zip

let me what you think if you try it, i currently favor the wider stripes version.

Edited by Jace11