Work on Patch v1.01 has started

24 minutes ago, mjkerner said:

Okay Chris, good to know.  I hadn't gone in and checked before I posted. Gave me a chuckle, too, since every bug I have ever found when testing, save one, had already been reported.

mjk

"Least Efficient Beta Tester"

Any other scenarios you find them in, add a save file to the mantis report. Not sure if Charles will need it, but more data never hurts.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

mountains west [winter snow].bmp seems to cause an issue if one is using a replacement "horizon" (skybox\mountains) as that file looks to overwrite both mountains west [winter].bmp and mountains west [snow].bmp pictures.

(For mod users : a temporary fix is simply to duplicate your modded mountains west [snow].bmp and name it mountains west [winter snow].bmp).

Love CMFB's atmosphere, great job devs!

Just now, ChrisND said:

I'm not seeing the problem, haven't you heard of the Mk II Hover Trench?

Seriously though, do you have a save file of that?

One file right here.

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=33A7989A62CBA6C!22725&authkey=!ADNOUIXcIup987s&ithint=file%2cbts

2 player TCP/IP turn based game, I was the host, my opponent (the german player) set up the trenches. Immediately after the setup phase, I saw all of his trenches flying in the sky, he saw them properly placed. Later, we took a break, and when we reloaded, the trenches were flying for both players. That's when we tried to have the flying trench fight in the video. If you look, you'll also find 2 trenches which are about 50 meters deep, (near chateau). This is not the first time I've seen this. Trenches in Red Thunder and Black Sea also do this, although this is the first time we've tried interacting with them.

Like the flickering video, this is something that has been seen by my group of friends several times (much more frequently than the flickering).

Also of interest in this game is the minefield at the Hotel VP. After a ridiculous fight to get into the point, I ran a platoon into the vp. ~20 men entered the vp and stood their ground, then we saved. When we reloaded, I ordered the men to leave the objective, and that's when I learned the hard way that my opponent had setup a large minefield on the vp. None of the troops tripped a mine on the way in, but most hit mines taking the same route out, suggesting the mines did not have any effect until the game was reloaded.

Finally, I played another game Saturday where the moment setup was complete, the 3 trps I set up all moved dramatically, 2 moved to be practically on top of each other in the middle of no where. A half dozen of my opponent's foxholes appeared in my spawn in this game as well. I've documented that and will post it later.

To add to what Hate has posted here.  I consistently, across every CM2x platform, have issues with minefields.  I play TCP/IP turn based exclusively and I am typically not the host.  Issues with minefields are consistent - once placed the mine placards stay in place, however, the mines themselves seem to end up in different parts of the map.  On one occasion my opponent discovered my AP mines in his spawn.  As hate has described in this game though is a first.  We typically play our games in one session and I so consistantly have issues with mines I rarely bring them.  However as he described here once the save file for the game was loaded my AP mines across the Hotel area immediately began to take their toll whereas prior to the load they might as well not have been there.  Please take a look at all of the "fortification" type objects as we consistently have a variety of issues.

Thanks,

von Luck

25 minutes ago, Michael Emrys said:

Wow. That's like some kind of medieval religious painting.

Michael

What do you mean? edit: oh, yeah. Too late at night. Armored Infantry are not angels though. Not enough firepower.

Flying trench:

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/705148799468846879/E11E3EC0A729AB3D99C59A7DB455F29CE9482162/?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-format=jpeg&output-quality=95&fit=inside|2048:1152&composite-to=*,*|2048:1152&background-color=black

"Hell Trench":

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/281847490925426971/1C969BCC670F1ADCCE31D2CABF2142E4368E8928/?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-format=jpeg&output-quality=95&fit=inside|2048:857&composite-to=*,*|2048:857&background-color=black

My View : 

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/281847490909450975/0B0F16E5D8FD5F42200649E7603633253956CA87/?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-format=jpeg&output-quality=95&fit=inside|2048:857&composite-to=*,*|2048:857&background-color=black

My Opponent's View : 

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/510405113881670529/1AB376A8F3BF3C93D64955D21ED29B0C48E32F3C/

Man spawning under ground :

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/3299199242824937869/9208893D63F959345FAA999D522DD3383FC33E19/?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-format=jpeg&output-quality=95&fit=inside|2048:1152&composite-to=*,*|2048:1152&background-color=black

Enemy fox holes spawning in attacker's spawn : 

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/281847490917612127/42FA5BE115A0AED393154FCCF7C29B0E70864E65/?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-format=jpeg&output-quality=95&fit=inside|2048:857&composite-to=*,*|2048:857&background-color=black

I can provide save games for all the final blitzkrieg games. The older ones will probably be more difficult to find.

Edited by SgtHatred

2 hours ago, SgtHatred said:

Also in the save above 

Looks like Skorzeny strikes again...

I will add that I have also encountered similar problems with mines. I'll try and get some save data.

Edited by Nine-Oh

4 hours ago, SgtHatred said:

I've seen this a lot in RT and BN when loading a saved game during a 2 player TCP/IP turn based game, often when my opponent have moved the fortifications during setup.

6 hours ago, SgtHatred said:

Been too busy playing to post, but I documented one incident. Quick battle. TCP/IP turn based.

i also had this bugg, back in the normandy days , commonwealth expansion  . also multiplayer , not sure if its present in single player, maybe to likely

two things i noticed

1 I was unable to move a scout team to any point on the map..this was well into a solo game.

2 Not sure if this is a bug but German soldiers were able to get within feet of my men without being seen. Literally right next to them and in front of them. Even though the scenario said visibility was about 90m

Edited by para

Alas Bram, no CW forces in the initial release. I was looking at an Overloon scenario for the release too. Instead I made Meijel Mayhem. This depicts the fighting around Meijel during a short German Counter offensive in the Peel Marshes. The US 7th ARM division was active on that sector of the front.

You can still do an Overloon scenario if you restrict it to the US 7th ARM Division, before it was relieved by the Brits.

Or, you can take the Meijel Master Map included in CMFB and design additional scenarios for the Meijel battle. That would be great :D

1 minute ago, PanzerMike said:

Alas Bram, no CW forces in the initial release. I was looking at an Overloon scenario for the release too. Instead I made Meijel Mayhem. This depicts the fighting around Meijel during a short German Counter offensive in the Peel Marshes. The US 7th ARM division was active on that sector of the front.

You can still do an Overloon scenario if you restrict it to the US 7th ARM Division, before it was relieved by the Brits.

Or, you can take the Meijel Master Map included in CMFB and design additional scenarios for the Meijel battle. That would be great :D

hahaha that would be great indeed :) 

I live near Overloon so I really wanted to create a scenario for it. Just have to wait for the CW to be introduced then :( 

1 minute ago, PanzerMike said:

Ow, c'mon. Meijel is just around the corner. It is still the Peel!

Have you looked at Meijel Mayhem and the master map yet? More Holland scenarios would be great. Step up to the plate Sir and give it your best shot, I say!

They would indeed be great but my field of expertice lies to the East (regarding the Dutch SS units in Russia). I don't know much about US actions after Market Garden :(. Or any actions between Market Garden and Overloon (operation Aintree) ;).

Well, a great opportunity has just come up to fill the gaps in your knowledge, it seems! What better way to showcase that new found knowledge than a scenario :D

Really, I never heard of the Battle of Meijel too before I started work on it. Arnhem yes, Overloon yes, Meijel???? But it is a great subject for scenarios (a campaign even)!

Ow and sorry for derailing this thread.....

Edited by PanzerMike

On 4/9/2016 at 1:15 PM, mjkerner said:

Actually, I have noticed something similar, and maybe worse. 

***POSSIBLE SPOILER***

I "Trouble with Siegfried" there are some AS that you cannot put a waypoint on...it's on a ridge in the woods on the left flank past/behind the pillbox. Imagine a box of AS 4x3...the two in the center, which are on a very slight ridgeline, cannot be "waypointed".  I have saves and am going to put a report in Mantis, but probably wont get to it until later tonight.

I ran into the same issue; regrettably one of my sections got stuck in one as they opted to "sneak" through it. they were stuck there the rest of the scenario, not responding to any command i gave them.

5 hours ago, Bartokomus said:

I ran into the same issue; regrettably one of my sections got stuck in one as they opted to "sneak" through it. they were stuck there the rest of the scenario, not responding to any command i gave them.

If you have a saved game of the problem I'm sure Chris et al would like to see it.

Michael