CMFB (Unofficial) Screenshot Thread

26 minutes ago, IanL said:

Sigh. Yeah the plan was for the Sherman to be there waiting before you started to move. My crew still got the first shot and first hit. The trouble was all they got was another scratch in the paint.

Yeah, but I knew you were there, so this was more of a trap for you than the other way around. 

11 hours ago, Bud Backer said:

Image%206.jpg

The Wrong Road - from the same map and QB as the previous screenshot; that's the same church-tower from a different angle.

Bud,

Beautiful. Very nice effect.  Excellent use of blur and focus.  Really draws the viewer in to the power of the gun blast.

Heinrich505

13 hours ago, Heinrich505 said:

Bud,

Beautiful. Very nice effect.  Excellent use of blur and focus.  Really draws the viewer in to the power of the gun blast.

Heinrich505

Thanks, Heinrich! I tried it without blur too but I think this worked much better. 

12 hours ago, MOS:96B2P said:

Nice, very nice screenshot.   

Very glad you like it! In retrospect I wish I had caught more of the church steeple. 

Image%204.jpg

Burn Them Out

As the rest of the squad waited, Johannes muttered to himself. "I can't see where the wound is in this damned darkness! What I wouldn't give for some light..."

And as if overheard by someone, the cold dark snowy Ardennes flashed almost as if searchlit. "Ah, there!" he said, ignoring the shrieks of terror from the houses and applied the compress.

Edited by Bud Backer

13 hours ago, Bud Backer said:

Image%204.jpg

Burn Them Out

As the rest of the squad waited, Johannes muttered to himself. "I can't see where the wound is in this damned darkness! What I wouldn't give for some light..."

And as if overheard by someone, the cold dark snowy Ardennes flashed almost as if searchlit. "Ah, there!" he said, ignoring the shrieks of terror from the houses and applied the compress.

Bud, excellent story to go with the screenshot!  This is one of my favorites yet!  

Capt. James Leach is thick in the hell of Singling.  Everything has been wrong from the very beginning.  Col. Abrams orders them to assault the town across a freaking muddy field.  He loses several tanks to bogging in the damn mud.  He only has a few infantry men to support his armor, and he has to reduce the damn town.  Sure Colonel, no problems.  All he can do is try and die.

They’ve finally made it into town.  His tanks are burning.  The Kraut tanks are burning.  Everyone knows that tanks are death traps in towns – he wants to scream this in Abrams’ face.  Most of the infantry are bleeding and holed up in the buildings everywhere.  Cohesion is frayed, command structure almost non-existent, and still the men push on.

Moments before, Sgt. Gray’s Sherman was pushing to his left, and the Captain watched in horrific fascination as a panzerfaust from a nearby building ignited and flew in slow motion right into the front hull of Gray’s tank.  There was a terrible explosion and flames everywhere.  He saw the hatches open – probably blown open from the blast pressure - and no one got out.  Bastards…

Over the radio net he hears that there are Tiger tanks on the street just to his right, blocked from his view by a large building complex.  Infantry!  Everything is Tigers to them.  Must be Panthers, he thinks.  He can’t get to the street as he is in the back yard.  He calls for Sgt. Pixley, one of his last 76mm gun Shermans to come back from the right flank and try to clear the road.

2v00hgy.jpg

Suddenly his bow gunner shouts out, “Krauts, Krauts, Krauts, 2 o’clock,” and he starts firing his bow machine gun.  MG smoke billows through the tank interior.

16jj6n8.jpg

Cpt. Leach sees them now, a whole slew of them.  So far he’s only seen one or two at a time, but this bunch must have been spooked and they are fleeing from the very building he was sitting next to.  One falls to the machine gun fire.  The Captain sees that one of the enemy soldiers has a panzerfaust draped over his shoulder.  The Captain involuntarily shudders and shouts over the intercom, “Get the one with the damn ‘faust.”

qznlnq.jpg

The gunner calls “Target” and Cpt. Leach yells “Fire!”  The tank recoils and he catches a glimpse of the explosion as the HE shell shreds more of the running enemy soldiers.  Then his view is obscured by the smoke and gases from the shell.  He hears the solid clang as the empty shell hits the turret floor.  The next round is already being slammed home.

23jipfl.jpg

His bow gunner is on a roll, and before another shell can be fired at the enemy, the last one is torn apart from the bow gunner’s aim.

2r5bvyw.jpg

The bodies lay silent on the cold wet ground, heat steaming off their corpses as they cool quickly.  His crew is at peak adrenaline alert now, everyone scanning for more targets.  This was really close, the Captain thinks to himself.  Any one of them could have turned left and run straight at his tank, throwing grenades, or firing that panzerfaust.

But, they turned right, away from his tank, giving his crew the perfect turkey shoot.  He can hear the men breathing hard.  Death brushed by them this time, ghostly nails scratching gently against the hull of his steel beast, but touched the German soldiers instead of his crew.

The war goes on…

Heinrich505