CMFB (Unofficial) Screenshot Thread

You clearly have self esteem issues lol.  I love the US fake units.  How did the designer do that?   FWIW however, one "US" HT was happily doing recon down a road and BOOM.  Lost it plus a couple of squads to mines.  :(   Huge hole in the road.  Never seen such a large effect from a mine.  And no engineers to mark em.  I guess have to recon another road.

Given that I don't speak USatian I don't have any "issues", although I do have some old maps of my home town where springs are indicated by the word "issues". As for the US units provided to the Germans in this battle, they come in the scenario editor for Final Blitzkrieg to help designers recreate Panzer Brigade 150.

Edited by Warts 'n' all

About 40 minutes in and am enjoying playing the Germans.  The mines tend to force you down certain roads and the US have some nasty ambushes.  But, have made it to the "NW Block" objective with the KT and some PzV's and inf etc.  So far lost all 6 recon AFV's and maybe 45 inf.  The M4 still in action.  :)  Am thinking I need to prep to ambush the US coming from the NW.  

Edited by Erwin

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, theforger said:

Scenario 6 of the Rollbahn D campaign I'm building. Will release the individual maps and battles after the campaign. Would post more screenshots but they're not over generous with user space. 

Try going to your profile, and clicking on "My Attachments", there you can free up some space by deleting some of your older pictures.

• 2 months later...

Sometimes you get lucky and pull off the sort of stunts you curse the AI for. This 75mm M4 got sent on a rat run to try and get behind a Tank Destroyer that I knew was keyholed on this street. Against my expectations. the Sherman rolled over the short brick wall and put an AP round where the sun doesn't shine 😆

FQ3jPEZ.png

As soon as that was done, the Turret swung left and engaged a Panther(!!) at emerging from the intersection at the top of the street. 2 hits on the side of the turret, and it was ablaze.

xznsgja.png

A highlight of what was a very tough scenario.

It is, I'm getting more into the WW2 titles (CMSF1 &2 were my main playground) and I'm very impressed with the effort put into the scenarios. I looked at Singling on Google Earth and was so impressed how well the terrain  is represented in game. Also the colour palette captures that grey Winter vibe absolutely perfectly.

• 3 weeks later...

The remnants of the sole German armor effort which counterattacked my infantry. I had two Sherman 75s on overwatch and they made fast work of both Stug IIIs, plus the Captured M4 seen on the left. The stugs started farther right, which afforded them defiladed approach and so they actually got pretty close to my truppen in the woods to the right. They did get my FO's jeep, the bastids!

jPo5vWd.png

• 1 month later...

Green, but mean. So, far, these guys are having a good day.

CMFB_010521_green_but_mean.thumb.jpg.06f14dadde74898a6b695d84c94b71c0.jpg

Having repositioned, two of my trio of Hetzers engage and bag an AG trying to sneak onto prime real estate. Next up, a TD comes into view.

CMFB_010521_TD_1.thumb.jpg.b8e83209c1807f38450c40cf42e0a9a2.jpg

The roadbound Hetzer gets off two inaccurate shots while the platoon HQ to his left tries to get eyes on. The commander can't locate the TD and his Hetzer eats a round, knocking out the main gun. The roadbound Hetzer sends off a third round that lands short. The TD sends one back, but the Hetzer, thankfully, bounces it. The German crew then lobs a fourth round at the TD.

CMFB_010521_bounce.thumb.jpg.34a6f6c4096fb43c383e5a48a8cd4441.jpg

Despite spotting first, firing first and getting off four shots, the round is high. 😦

CMFB_010521_another_miss.thumb.jpg.aad197668fc197ca64fb4a635cb20a05.jpg

The TD fires a second shot. 😬

CMFB_010521_TD_2.thumb.jpg.9b7d33e38a4115adc8bee5f9134c74cc.jpg

I doesn't bounce. 😟

CMFB_010521_no_bounce.thumb.jpg.49b5dbb801c90891f24af493c6c7c0a5.jpg

On 4/8/2016 at 4:23 PM, user1000 said:

http://s17.postimg.org/64rtmijou/dmpatrol.jpg

More tankers doing dismounted recon over a hill, why risk the tank? With no friendly troops in the area the tankers pull the duty.

It was common practice for the commander to dismount with his binoculars to have a look on the crest or on the attic of a nearby house. Something for Game Engine 5? 

There's another rooster in my henhouse -- a Sherman.

CMFB_rooster_in_my_henhouse_010521.thumb.jpg.dc1a05f09c459bb07b0dbdb06370ee61.jpg

It's not looking good for my HQ Hetzer, but friendly infantry up ahead are in a position to help out. They chuck a number of smoke grenades toward the enemy that increase the tank destroyer's chance of escape.

CMFB_infantry_smoke_010521.thumb.jpg.4ecb743e29da1d8de6878a901e9af19e.jpg

Eat fog, rooster!

CMFB_rooster_robbed_010521.thumb.jpg.9a3be5ccd3c483a3722bd6a7765192a1.jpg

It works and the HQ crew manage to back their vehicle to safety.

CMFB_hetzer_escapes_010521.thumb.jpg.abfa3b2cf661b36c4d3561e75b215c3d.jpg

Meanwhile, the last fully-functional Hetzer leads a combined arms advance on the other side of the woods to try and open up an avenue for a flanking attack on the rooster gang.

CMFB_Hetzer_leads_attack_010521.thumb.jpg.60ce0479a9cb42549317d598c97df439.jpg