CMFB (Unofficial) Screenshot Thread

• 4 weeks later...

This is Karl...

FpIVwXH.jpg

And that thing he's cuddling there is Karl's Panzerschreck which he affectionately calls "Bertha". He claims the camouflague on Bertha reduces the chances of enemy tanks spotting him by 75%!

Karl's ammo bearer has cause to dispute this claim as he's lying in a bush picking shrapnel from a tank shell out of his internal organs...

ILo5ADV.jpg

The rest of his platoon, save for a few stragglers and himself, have withdrawn to the woods to the rear.

But Karl didn't go with them despite being shot at by infantry, tanks and surviving two mortar strikes.

He's been hiding in these bushes and watching this one roll up the hill, but he has only 1 round left.

loX8XtG.jpg

Karl's a good shot, I'm not sure if he's told you that already, he usually tells anyone who'll listen.

B75hxS4.jpg

His second tank of this December morning.

Now on something of a roll and with no more rounds for Bertha, he pulls his pistol and spies a halftrack. He's not concerned that a squad of enemy infantry were seen running along that tree-line only a minute ago or that his pistol is somewhat inferior to his beloved Bertha in the anti-armour role.

8ULrsRa.jpg

Sure enough, his efforts to ruin the paint job on the halftrack draw the attention of the americans and Karl ist Kaputt..

KAUTn2r.jpg

The End.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Took a quick break from the modern setting to throw this together:

nI7FXgQ.png

Artwork comes from the old but gold Medal of Honor Allied Assault Spearhead. Inspired by @Mord and other's who have created some great main menu screens. Not sure if I'll end up releasing this though. It's a bit rough around the edges and I put it together just for fun. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@37mm holy crap man, your video is fantastic! I've tried some of the reshades out there but none of them seemed to fit just right for me, but the one you are using here is amazing, really adds to the atmosphere. The blend of sound mods you're using are really excellent as well, as are the visual mods for the tanks and infantry skins. Really excellent work!

If I could make a small suggestion, I learned a small technique from watching @Josey Wales excellent videos, which is to pan the camera ever so slightly side to side on stationary shots. To my eye at least it helps to add to the overall cinematic effect. 

Great stuff!

8 hours ago, IICptMillerII said:

@37mm holy crap man, your video is fantastic! I've tried some of the reshades out there but none of them seemed to fit just right for me, but the one you are using here is amazing, really adds to the atmosphere. The blend of sound mods you're using are really excellent as well, as are the visual mods for the tanks and infantry skins. Really excellent work!

If I could make a small suggestion, I learned a small technique from watching @Josey Wales excellent videos, which is to pan the camera ever so slightly side to side on stationary shots. To my eye at least it helps to add to the overall cinematic effect. 

Great stuff!

Thanks for the kind words, I'm still endlessly experimenting with reshade settings myself (my current ones are already different from what I used for that game).

I've experimented with that camera-pan technique occasionally & I'm fairly sure you'll see a lot more of it in future videos.

On 11/9/2018 at 3:36 AM, IICptMillerII said:

Took a quick break from the modern setting to throw this together:

nI7FXgQ.png

Artwork comes from the old but gold Medal of Honor Allied Assault Spearhead. Inspired by @Mord and other's who have created some great main menu screens. Not sure if I'll end up releasing this though. It's a bit rough around the edges and I put it together just for fun. 

I like the choice of artwork and it works well for a menu screen. The blue tone fits very well with the menu. Haven't seen the original, but it looks a bit squeezed horizontaly. Like a widescreen shot turned 4:3. A suggestion for what it is worth - I would remove the white border on the top and right hand side of the menu box and just leave the black drop shadow. If you publish it, I will use it.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

During a nailbiter of a scenario, German Panther tanks are getting around my main line in a forest. If they break through, they'll wreak havoc in my rear. All I have to stop them are a few GIs with bazookas rushed to the area. Manage to pull off this great shot:

gLM6JLP.png

RzPDo4c.png

Through the trees, at 75m, with the old M1A1 bazooka. Vaporized the tank. I don't get those kinds of shots in the modern titles, let alone CMFB. It was nice to see.

Edited by IICptMillerII

• 1 month later...

Small color tweak for us uniforms, as the vanilla jacket always seemed a bit too bright to me. I've also tuned down the very bright belts and added a greenish/olive drab variation; also added a green pant variation: 

1.jpg

(right = vanilla, right = my tweak; I'm also using the no backpack mod and slightly tweaked Ari's "weathered" faces)

A page that offers quite a lot of info on US. equipment is "At the Front": https://www.atthefront.com/

Edited by Kaunitz

On 6/11/2019 at 8:03 PM, Kaunitz said:

Small color tweak for us uniforms, as the vanilla jacket always seemed a bit too bright to me. I've also tuned down the very bright belts and added a greenish/olive drab variation; also added a green pant variation: 

1.jpg

(right = vanilla, right = my tweak; I'm also using the no backpack mod and slightly tweaked Ari's "weathered" faces)

A page that offers quite a lot of info on US. equipment is "At the Front": https://www.atthefront.com/

IIRC one can also do a more general tweaking of this by modifying the (OGL) bump map shader files and related (*.frag, *.vert). We had quite some extensive discussions and user made tweaks going 2-3 years ago. I´d maybe try that first, before going into that laborous and time consuming detail modding. :blink:

1 hour ago, RockinHarry said:

IIRC one can also do a more general tweaking of this by modifying the (OGL) bump map shader files and related (*.frag, *.vert). We had quite some extensive discussions and user made tweaks going 2-3 years ago. I´d maybe try that first, before going into that laborous and time consuming detail modding. :blink:

OGL bump map shader files *frag *vert

Bildergebnis für i know what im doing meme

I'm not doing any big stuff, just tweaking colors with GIMP. It would take me longer to understand all that stuff than to create a mask layer and adjust a few sliders ;).