CMFB (Unofficial) Screenshot Thread

3 hours ago, Bozowans said:

All the movement orders for my whole force stopped working all of a sudden and nobody will move or even fire at the enemy. It's like my army is a bunch of robots and someone hit the killswitch on them, and the whole force shut down all at once. Very strange thing. :(

I've seen this happen, but only on a scenario with several (4-5?) battalions of Mech infantry, on each side, in hilly country. I think I exceeded my machine's memory limits. :)

Do you have a savegame?

What are your computer specs?

15 hours ago, c3k said:

I've seen this happen, but only on a scenario with several (4-5?) battalions of Mech infantry, on each side, in hilly country. I think I exceeded my machine's memory limits. :)

Do you have a savegame?

What are your computer specs?

Yeah I kinda figured it might be something like that. The "calculating turn" bar also got really, really slow before it happened, as if the game was choking on all the stuff going on. What's strange though, is that this happened AFTER I cleared the town, after a large number of units had been eliminated, and after a lull in the fighting started. Maybe it's because I gave a large number of movement orders? But why didn't it do it before, during the huge assault on the town? I do have a savegame. Maybe this will work:

https://ufile.io/a5fe8

For my computer, I have an Intel Core i7-4790K CPU @ 4 GHz, with 16 GB of RAM, and a GeForce GTX 1060 6GB video card. It runs most modern games just fine.

Edited by Bozowans

8 hours ago, Bozowans said:

Yeah I kinda figured it might be something like that. The "calculating turn" bar also got really, really slow before it happened, as if the game was choking on all the stuff going on. What's strange though, is that this happened AFTER I cleared the town, after a large number of units had been eliminated, and after a lull in the fighting started. Maybe it's because I gave a large number of movement orders? But why didn't it do it before, during the huge assault on the town? I do have a savegame. Maybe this will work:

https://ufile.io/a5fe8

For my computer, I have an Intel Core i7-4790K CPU @ 4 GHz, with 16 GB of RAM, and a GeForce GTX 1060 6GB video card. It runs most modern games just fine.

Nice specs. It was about 2 years ago that I ran into this. I ran some diagnostics while it happened and saw a definite cap. I think it's the size of the turn. When it hits a certain limit, then it's done. No, I don't remember it. ;) But I could reliably get it to occur. Movements (and the pathing for that movement) requires a LOT of data manipulation. We're hitting some sort of software limitation.

I've got the file. Thanks for sharing. I'll let you know what happens. (I'll run this on an i6700k @ some GHz, 64GB of RAM. Gobs o'ram to see if that makes a difference. It won't. ;) )

Ken

@Bozowans

I have received your file and run it. Sigh. As soon as I got it processed (yes, it took a long time), your men looked up, in wonder...and joy. I heard a pair of landsers talking. It was heartwarming...for those who have hearts for their men. "Ist c3k der Kommandeur?" "Ja! Ja!"

I could see the word spread through the C2 net. As each unit heard that you were no longer at the helm, the news invigorated their tired limbs, they rose to their feet, and with a hoarse "Urrah!" they charged forth and smote the enemy.

Much like an orange must be crushed and pulped to gain its sweet juice, so too must your men be led with a firm hand, squeezing the most out of them. They know their lives are destined to end as nothing but pulpy remains. It is not to them to survive, but rather for their lives to be squeezed so that I may sip the sweet taste of victory. That is what they seek.

They will continue to sabotage your efforts so long as you lead them with a loose grip.

;):):)

Okay, enough fun at your expense. Yes it ran. Yes, I have the replay. Send me a PM, and we'll set up a dropbox. The replay file is double in size from the one you sent me. It is 98KB.

I was surprised it worked. The blue bar was very slow. Your rig has very good stats. I am curious if the ram size makes the difference. There is a LOT of data manipulation in this game.

Ken

Wonderful description of why his men would not fight - hilarious. Sorry to hear you hit this @Bozowans - sucks.

On 2018-02-28 at 6:14 AM, c3k said:

Okay, enough fun at your expense. Yes it ran. Yes, I have the replay. Send me a PM, and we'll set up a dropbox. The replay file is double in size from the one you sent me. It is 98KB.

I was surprised it worked. The blue bar was very slow. Your rig has very good stats. I am curious if the ram size makes the difference. There is a LOT of data manipulation in this game.

On 2018-02-28 at 4:59 AM, c3k said:

I've got the file. Thanks for sharing. I'll let you know what happens. (I'll run this on an i6700k @ some GHz, 64GB of RAM. Gobs o'ram to see if that makes a difference. It won't. ;) )

Yeah the game can only access 4Gb of memory. On windows it is a 32 bit app compiled to be  "large address aware" which means that it can use nearly all the 4Gb of address space (as opposed to only 2Gb or 3Gb for a regular 32 bit app depending on your OS settings). So, running the game on a machine with 8Gb, 16Gb or 64Gb only makes a difference if something else on your machine prevents the game from getting access to the memory it needs. It would require effort to do that on a machine with 16Gb or more but might be easier to do on a 8Gb machine. I highly doubt most people are hitting this limit.

QB attack game from several months ago.  They took full armor for the defense which might have worked otherwise considering I spent a significant amount of points on the two sturmtigers and only had three stugs.  But they didn't realize it was a night battle with fog.

• 5 months later...

A squad of SS infantry is assaulting a building, only to be ambushed by some rear-echelon Yankees.

Fb6ft0G.jpg

The squad runs towards cover as the MG cannot sprint with everyone else -- the American takes pot shots at him.

o3hazm0.jpg

His assistant runs to give him a hand, while the Squad Leader takes down the immediate threat. Yet, there are still Yanks there.

xBR0CPD.jpg

With a slap on the bum, he sprints to the rest of his squad -- while his assistant watches another American fall.

23 hours ago, DerKommissar said:

I didn't mess around with any screen settings. It's just night. This is the second Peiper mission.

Understood.  But, what is the point in posting pics which are mostly green-black with some vague shadows.  Maybe it's my own monitor. Can everyone else see significant details?

• 2 weeks later...