4km x 4km Map Issues

I am trying to create a 4km x 4km map (max allowed by the editor) to accurately represent an area for use in a demo for some tactics instructors for the US Army. I am having a problem with getting the .bmp overlay to show in the map editor. I have it in the correct area(s), as I created a Z folder in both the ProgramFiles(x86)/Battlefront/Combat Mission Black Sea/Data/ and the User/Battlefront/Combat Mission Black Sea/User Data/ area (just to be sure). No overlay when I open the editor. The only thing I can think of is the bit-depth of the .bmp is wrong? I have tried 16-bit and 24-bit. The file name is correct. What am I doing wrong?

Never mind. I was following the Scenario AAR guide, which is wrong, because it specifically states the file name for the overlay is "special_editor_overlay.bmp" when, in fact, it should be "special editor overlay.bmp" WITHOUT the underscores. I had to find this in the v3.01 manual.

You may want to fix that, especially when you are shipping something with the product.

Hello and welcome to the forum.  Nice first post too - asked a question and got your own answer.  Sorry I did not see that until I was already at work away from my gaming rig. We (I think I can speak for other forum members on this topic) look forward to hearing how your project moves forward and offering any help along the way.

• 6 months later...

Hello,

I'm really struggling to get the special editor overlay to work.  I have taken a screenshot of a google map that I want to work with.  I have converted it to bmp.  I have saved it as "special editor overlay.bmp" (without quotations) and put it into my CMBS z folder.  But when I go into the map maker it doesn't show up.  When I toggle through opacity it gets dark and then black - it's obviously not reading the bmp file.  

I am on a mac (not sure if that makes a difference).

What I don't understand is that I have used my overlay maps in the past.  But for some reason it's not working now.  What am I doing wrong?

Help/advice would be really appreciated.  

A. :)