Mord & DC Portraits?

I am looking forward to CMFB and replacing the vanilla interface with Juju's superb work.  (I've never understood BFC's decision to use those hideous looking 1970's Panzerblitz-like silhouettes for CMx2's UI.)

However, I always use Mord's/DC's portrait mods over Juju's because I like the historical immersion one gets from its various national flags, branch symbols, and unit insignia.  When playing the Americans or Commonwealth in any historical or semi-historical campaign/scenario, I do take the time to insert the proper divisional/formation patch portrait for the units being portrayed.

So, I'm wondering if there is going to be a CMFB version of that terrific mod?  If there isn't going to be then I'm pretty confident I can use the CMBN version's portraits, but there will be some gaps in the American OOB.  Unfortunately, the CMBN version doesn't have portraits for some of the most prominent American divisions that saw heavy action in the early days of the Bulge:

99th Infantry Division ("Checkerboard")

106th Infantry Division ("Golden Lions")

9th Armored Division

And it also doesn't have portraits for a number of divisions that played a role in pushing back the Bulge:

75th Infantry Division ("Make Ready")

84th Infantry Division ("Railsplitters")

87th Infantry Division ("Golden Acorn")

17th Airborne Division ("Golden Talons")

11th Armored Division

And its missing divisions that saw action in other areas of the ETO in late '44 and early '45:

42nd Infantry Division ("Rainbow")

70th Infantry Division ("Trailblazers")

78th Infantry Division (Lightning")

12th Armored Division

14th Armored Division

I know it's a bit presumptuous to ask if these OOB gaps could be filled-in for a very labor-intensive mod, but I'm big fan of Mord's/DC's work and would love to see it in fully updated for CMFB.  If it can't be done then I can live with it, but no harm in asking, right?

• 9 months later...

Sadly, no portrait mod for CMFB has been made and Mord hasn't been on these boards in almost a year.

Mord's and DC's portrait mods for CMBN, CMFI, and CMRT rank among my very favorites right up there with Aris' vehicles, JuJu's interface, Vein's special effects, and EZ's uniforms.  So, it's a shame that there isn't one for CMFB.

I did take a shot at making my own portrait mod for 99th Infantry Division due to it featuring prominently in a number of CMFB scenarios, but it doesn't look anywhere near as polished or as good as Mord's/DC's work.  My "talent" with Microsoft Paint is rather limited to say the least.

1 hour ago, AstroCat said:

Haha... yeah you could re-use some of them, such as the plain ones for CMFB, but they would need be a "snowy" version made.

I do use the Flag Patch (the divisional insignia with national flag background) ones from the CMBN version in CMFB where they're applicable such as 4th Armored Division in the Courage Conquers campaign and other scenarios or the 30th Infantry ("Old Hickory") in Kampfgruppe Peiper, but as set forth in my initial post there are gaps in the American OOB in the CMBN version such as no 99th Infantry, 12th Armored, 84th Infantry or 42nd Infantry all of which are featured in CMFB scenarios.

• 9 months later...

Hey, fellas. I feel your pain. I am a completest and want to do this mod (don't need DC until his people show up in a module). Even though the France/Holland version is complete I feel like I have left this unfinished. But I don't have a way to mod at the moment. I built myself a dream comp back in January for my birthday and unfortunately I can't use Adobe Elements 2.0 on it. As I stated somewhere else Gimp is out of the question, I have tried and tried to use it but find it frustrating, stupid, and anger inducing. Almost 20 years of Adobe has left me addicted to muscle memory! So, until I can buy a newer version I am afraid modding may be out for the time being.

Mord.