[PREVIEW] Juju's Blitz UI

• 5 months later...

Great mod as ever.  Not sure what I'm doing wrong but IF I'm assuming right, if I install the US Flag for the HQ (Juju's Blitz UI - HQ blue - flag - US) and just drop that folder into the Juju UI folder in Data / Z (I'm on a Mac) I should see the US flag when I select a HQ unit?  At the moment I still get the generic brown HQ text label.

Presume I'm right in thinking that to install this mod it's just a case of:

Expand the Mod to a folder named (whatever - I use 'Juju UI') in Data / Z

Cut out the 'Options' Folder and save elsewhere

Select any options you want and merely copy / paste the folder it's in BACK into the Data / Z / Juju UI folder

I have found the HQ Icon that IS showing up still under Silhouettes.  Do I need to chop that out and replace it with the flag one?  The other? The other options seem to show up OK without that though (Command 'strip' icons / C&C icons), just not the HQ unit flag??  That is, IF that's where I should be seeing it.

Edited by Apache

On 19-10-2016 at 5:25 AM, Apache said:

Great mod as ever.  Not sure what I'm doing wrong but IF I'm assuming right, if I install the US Flag for the HQ (Juju's Blitz UI - HQ blue - flag - US) and just drop that folder into the Juju UI folder in Data / Z (I'm on a Mac) I should see the US flag when I select a HQ unit?  At the moment I still get the generic brown HQ text label.

Hi Apache,

It's really simple. You have to drop any optional folder into the Data/Z folder, not the Juju UI folder! Optional folders are all named so that they are always loaded after the main mod.

And thanks, Wodin! :-)

On 21/10/2016 at 7:55 PM, Juju said:

Hi Apache,

It's really simple. You have to drop any optional folder into the Data/Z folder, not the Juju UI folder! Optional folders are all named so that they are always loaded after the main mod.

And thanks, Wodin! :-)

Ahhh.  Too long away.  I missed that part!!  I have Juju UI Mod in Data Z also.  So I need to have DATA / Z with Juju UI in Data and the options in Z?  Thanks :)  I'll give it a go tomorrow now I'm back

Edited by Apache

Still not 100% sure I've got this right.  Previously I seem to remember all mods went in the same folder but I seem to recall them needing to be ordered within it if you wanted smaller mods to maybe overwrite the items they represent that were in larger mods:

So for this I gues it would be:

DATA>

Z>

Juju UI

Juju UI Option1

Juju UI Option 2  

Not:

DATA>

Juju UI

Z>

Juju Option1

Juju Option 2  

(Can't figure out why each press of the enter button is creating so much white space.  Almost like it's set to double line spacing?  Can't find any 'Remove formatting' button)

Edited by Apache

The <enter> key is putting in HTML like paragraph breaks (i.e. line spacing is bigger for the para break than the para newlines).  There is no way to turn it off.  But you can put in lines breaks that don't do this.  Press <shift><enter> and you will get a new line without the extra spacing like an HTML br tag:

DATA>
         Z>
         Juju UI
         Juju UI Option1
         Juju UI Option 2  

Yes, this form would be preferred but the other might work too - it is just harder to tell what is after what in alphabetical order.

I personally have a u sub folder with all my UI mods and a v sub folder for all my vehicle mods - etc.  I do that just so the listing of any one directory is shorter so I can see what the order is.

16 hours ago, IanL said:

The <enter> key is putting in HTML like paragraph breaks (i.e. line spacing is bigger for the para break than the para newlines).  There is no way to turn it off.  But you can put in lines breaks that don't do this.  Press <shift><enter> and you will get a new line without the extra spacing like an HTML br tag:

DATA>
         Z>
         Juju UI
         Juju UI Option1
         Juju UI Option 2  

Yes, this form would be preferred but the other might work too - it is just harder to tell what is after what in alphabetical order.

I personally have a u sub folder with all my UI mods and a v sub folder for all my vehicle mods - etc.  I do that just so the listing of any one directory is shorter so I can see what the order is.

Thanks.  Good idea with the U and V folders!  That said I'm trying to spend less time modding this game.  I figured in the days of CM and CMBB I was spending more time modding than playing.  Plus with CMFB the stock stuff is so good it's barely necessary.  Juju UI mods are a must have though.  I like the HQS Sound Mod though I think.  Still trying to decide on the Aris Terrain :)

• 7 years later...

Yeah, this is a nearly 8-year necro-bump, but any chance this UI mod gets an update with the release of Downfall?

I know JuJu moved-on, but others took on the task of updating his mod for both CMFI: Rome to Victory and CMRT: Fire & Rubble.  So, is anyone planning on doing the same for Downfall?

I was able to take a lot of stuff from the CMBN and CMRT UI mods to fill-in a great deal of Downfall's branches/ranks/weapon slots/silhouettes, but, of course, a lot of the new late war stuff is missing.  (Not surprisingly, very little, if any, got sent to Italy so the CMFI UI mod is a rather scant source to fill in the missing stuff.) 

Edited by Myles Keogh

I loaded the 'Jujus ui ver.6 unity mod' for Final blitzkrieg and that already covers most things even for commonwealth units. The only things missing are the brand new not seen before units (pershing, comet, RAM apc etc) so a update for these would be welcome, other projects allowing.