[PREVIEW] Juju's Blitz UI

57 minutes ago, FroBodine said:

Never mind.  User error.  I had the Options folder in my Z folder, and it was interfering.  Silly me.  All is well.

-=Jeff

Don't feel bad-I did the same thing. (NOTE to self read the README's   -_-).

What I like about your mods Juju is you can mod and tweak it. It's almost a mini game in itself.

Lot of work is evident and Old World craftsmanship.

Edited by Tempestzzzz

1 hour ago, niall78 said:

Great work Juju. Amazing as always.

One small issue. All the C&C icons that feature visual representation of soldiers all  seem to be the same.

Hello niall78,

unless I'm completely misunderstanding you, the pictures you choose to use are not "force-specific", that is on CM side. However, for more variety you may want to check .\Options\General options\C&C icon options folder, in which you'll find more variety.

9c9379de901d7b53f827d45f4c96252a.png

4 hours ago, Juju said:

Teehee. How embarrassing. I'll get that fixed tomorrow, whatever it is.

When you quit you indeed go to a (the) 'funky' splash screen, which is the only screen in the whole UI that is unmodded. So what you see is normal, I think. Screenshot away, though. Better safe than sorry.

And that's why we write readme's, Timmy! :P

But, but, I did read the Readme.  Apparently not careful enough.  <hangs head in shame, and sulks off to the "ignorant mod user" pasture>

To my lame defense, the Readme doesn't specifically say to make sure the Options folder is NOT in your mod or Z folder.  So there.  :P

But, it is pretty obvious, I must admit.

Edited by FroBodine

Just got home from work and checked that double RT Go button thingy. Turns out that in this game BFC chose to relocate that button for RT play. Why? I couldn't say. But in the end I should really have tested that file. So, my bad. I'll fix it tomorrow, though!

2 hours ago, niall78 said:

Great work Juju. Amazing as always.

One small issue. All the C&C icons that feature visual representation of soldiers all  seem to be the same.

Thanks, niall, but like CMFDR above I don't really understand the issue.

Hi Juju,

Awesome; great choice of options, meticulous and rigorous work ! I have just a little request, please. Could it be possible to realise for the future, if you have the time and desire, of course, otherwise it does not matter, a feldgrau interface with and without winter camo ( by example), but only feldgrau will be really appreciated (for me, sorry for my selfishness) :P 

Thank you :)

8 hours ago, Juju said:

Thanks, niall, but like CMFDR above I don't really understand the issue.

Sorry Juju my bad. I thought all the C&C icons were in the options folder and I was wondering why there were no German icons.

I've now seen that the German C&C icons are in the main folder.

Thanks again for this amazing piece of work. The game is fantastic played as vanilla - an amazing and detailed simulation. With mods like yours and many others (yours especially!) this product is boosted to even greater heights. 

Thanks guys!

FYI, I've fixed the Real Time Go button location. It totally sucks it's too close to the timer panel, so I had to compromise the button background a little. :angry:

You can rightclick and download the single default panel file below. For one of the ten options containing that file you're just going to have to download the whole mod again, I'm afraid.

control%20panel%20background%20rt.bmp

Edited by Juju

3 hours ago, Juju said:

Thanks guys!

FYI, I've fixed the Real Time Go button location. It totally sucks it's too close to the timer panel, so I had to compromise the button background a little. :angry:

You can rightclick and download the single default panel file below. For one of the ten options containing that file you're just going to have to download the whole mod again, I'm afraid.

control%20panel%20background%20rt.bmp

Works like a champ.....

9 hours ago, Erwin said:

Love what Juju has done.  However, I have to admit I do like the Marco Bergman weapons UI mod that shows caliber and range.  I tried putting in the CMBN version but too many weird things happen with the text.  :( 

I tried that one in one of the earlier games and found it a bit too cluttered with all the text... this one looks a lot better, in my opinion. (Part of it might also be that I know most of the ammo by heart anyway).

• 4 weeks later...
On ‎19‎/‎04‎/‎2016 at 3:25 AM, Erwin said:

Love what Juju has done.  However, I have to admit I do like the Marco Bergman weapons UI mod that shows caliber and range. 

I like a lot of Juju's mod, but also prefer Marco's in this area for this specific reason. ( also, his compass is the best :) )

Good thing usually you can mix and match happily.