[PREVIEW] Juju's Blitz UI

On 2016-04-14 at 1:12 AM, Juju said:

Thanks Derfel. Sadly all on-screen text is hard-coded and has never been part of my mods. It could be modded, however, by editing the strings.txt file. I wouldn't know how to and I've been warned this file is best not touched. At all. And if somebody could even pull it of it'd need to be updated with every patch, AFAIK.

*Sigh* I feared 'twas so. Thanks for the info.

I guess the only recourse is to pray to the CM gods for change...

STEVE! CHARLES! ANYONE? I CAN'T SEE THE SODDING DESCRIPTIONS! PLEASE FIX OR DO SUMFINK!

Gentlemen, After more than two months of work it’s finally ready for release: As of this moment ‘Blitz UI’ is available for download at CMMODSIII!

I’d like to take this opportunity to thank kohlenklau, mjkerner, Ithikial_AU, PhilM and CMFDR for their testing and advice.

I was going to write some more, but who am I kidding. Nobody’s read past that first line, anyway. Enjoy!

Thanks guys!

1 hour ago, Jace11 said:

very nice, noticed two go buttons in real time mode though, the one on the rt panel is in the wrong spot.

Odd. The RT panel is graphically the exact same panel as the TB panel, only with the play buttons covered up. Can't check this because I'm at work right now, but does anyone else see this? Screenshot perhaps?

Edit: I have to admit I've never even tested the real time panel. It seems very unlikely but could it be that the go button is in a different location for RT play?

Edited by Juju

9 minutes ago, Juju said:

Thanks guys!

Odd. The RT panel is graphically the exact same panel as the TB panel, only with the play buttons covered up. Can't check this because I'm at work right now, but does anyone else see this? Screenshot perhaps?

Edit: I have to admit I've never even tested the real time panel. It seems very unlikely but could it be that the go button is in a different location for RT play?

Yes, I also have two buttons in RT...also, for some reason when I quit, I get sent back to a funky splash screen...can send screen shot...

This is supercalifragilisticexpialidocious!!  Thank you so much, Juju!   I don't know why Battlefront doesn't sign you up to use this as their default scheme for their games.  You definitely deserve the recognition.

I copied the Pac Man progress bar folders to my Z folder, but it still shows the American star symbol on both the loading bar and the in-game turn bar.  What could I be doing wrong that it's not using the Pac Man graphics?

2 hours ago, grunt_GI said:

Yes, I also have two buttons in RT...

Teehee. How embarrassing. I'll get that fixed tomorrow, whatever it is.

2 hours ago, grunt_GI said:

also, for some reason when I quit, I get sent back to a funky splash screen...can send screen shot...

When you quit you indeed go to a (the) 'funky' splash screen, which is the only screen in the whole UI that is unmodded. So what you see is normal, I think. Screenshot away, though. Better safe than sorry.

35 minutes ago, FroBodine said:

Never mind.  User error.  I had the Options folder in my Z folder, and it was interfering.  Silly me.  All is well.

-=Jeff

And that's why we write readme's, Timmy! :P

Edited by Juju