[PREVIEW] Juju's Blitz UI

1 hour ago, Juju said:

Patience, patience. I've been on this forum a while now, and I know how well you guys can handle release dates. So I'm just going to say: 'When it's done.' ;)

I know, it hurts. Like a splinter...

Which leads us to our daily camo teaser. Three more to go. Today, yes, another splinter:

Camoprev_splinterB.jpg

I hope for a speedy release

1 hour ago, lordhedgwich said:

I hope for a speedy release

If I decide to implement my latest stupid work-intensive idea (thought it up just now. And no, no clues) it might even take a while longer.

Edited by Juju

...at 0300 this weekend, someone will glance down to those portraits in the UI and swear they saw their own face!

(Too much "Night Gallery" as a kid I guess....)

Those snowy portraits are very immersive. Excellent job. I will be needing something like those later on for CMRT Winter Mod! :D

Edited by kohlenklau

26 minutes ago, niall78 said:

It looks like I'm not the only one who finds it hard to play the game without Juju's gloriously immersive mod.

I agree which is why I'm already using elements of Juju's CMBN UI mod with CMFB.  It's a decent substitute until his CMFB mod is complete.

I can't stand those Panzerblitz-esque silhouettes that vanilla CMx2 uses for weapons and vehicles so I immediately switched in Juju's CMBN replacements.  There are a few missing items, but the vast majority of CMFB's equipment is covered by the CMBN mod.   I also put in Juju's compass, ranks, special equipment, and suppression meter.  Overall. I put in the stuff that I most miss about his mod when playing with the vanilla UI.

I'm also using Mords/DC's CMBN portrait mod which works just fine with CMFB.  (Love seeing the 4th Armored portraits when playing the Chaumont scenarios.)  However, as noted in another post of mine, it's unfortunately got some gaps in the US OOB.  (EX: No Checkerboards for the 99th Infantry- Lyle Bouck's men feel a little bland without them.)

And I'm using a "branch" mod that was made for CMBN- it a UI mod that has the CMx2's branch ID (armor, armored infantry, infantry) with the unit's national flag as a background.  (I forgot the name of its creator, but I've always liked it because of the little touch of immersion it gives.  Unfortunately, he never made versions of it for CMFI or CMRT.)

1 hour ago, niall78 said:

It looks like I'm not the only one who finds it hard to play the game without Juju's gloriously immersive mod.

Yes while the CMFB UI has got a bit of the overall it still doesnt compare to juju's UI his UI really should be the standard for all CM games toobad he never made one for black sea

I have used these for all CM titles so far, since I think the more "analog" look fits better for WW2. Two minor gripes though: The icon for the Walther P38 seems to show a Luger and the K98k ZF makes the same mistake as the vanilla one by showing a 4x or 6x scope while the 3d model uses the 1.5x ZF41 scope.

8 hours ago, Hafer said:

haha - some may think Juju is a drug dealer!

Why not call it early access? ;-)

For now we just have Juju Bones 2016  :(

Battlefront should have some tie in with Osprey with Juju as the artist. Win -Win-Win for everyone. Battlefront advertises Osprey through it's graphics, Osprey (or military miniature company) gets exposure and Juju  gets more exposure as a game feature designer. Might be a bit of gelt for some people. I tell you it could be Big!

A game company could make some money-through subtle advertising of military 'stuff'.

Edited by Tempestzzzz

On 4/10/2016 at 4:29 AM, Ts4EVER said:

The icon for the Walther P38 seems to show a Luger

That was indeed the case in all my UI mod. Artist's license, that. Just liked the look of it better. It's 'fixed' for this mod, though.

Oh, and a new position has opened up in my Fantastic Four team of testers. Who's game? First one (and only the first one) to apply is the lucky one to get early access! :)

Instead of a camo preview I thought I'd do something else for a change: The 'silhouette' extravaganza! For this mod I went on a crusade to update all vehicle and gun silhouettes (and many others as well) from scratch, as the old ones from CM:BN were just not up to standard. Well worth the few extra days of waiting, right?

(right click/view image for full size)

Juju'sBlitzUI_Bonus_preview_silhouettes.

Edited by Juju