Just a word about Battlefront IMHO

I got a ton of games-way too many to play or give them justice-Total War, Hegemony this and that, Op Star, Steam and Iron, Rise of Flight, DCS (I even buy their betas hahaha), John Tiller-Nearly every AGEOD game, Command Ops, ARMAxxx....you get the idea.

I keep coming back to Battlefront. Not going to go through the issues-do a search plenty of open threads and a few locked threads on 'stuff'. And I have my own opinion and issues BUT suffice to say Battlefront always provided a DEMO-so you know what you are getting, I never had problems with their help desk, and to extent their games are mod able. I love the Z Folder setup.

I'm not a fan-boy but in our 'niche' market they are pretty damn good.

That's it.

I agree, I have a lot of games too, ALL the WW2  CMx1 and CMx2 games,   some graviteam games including Mius front,  Numerous Combat flight simulators,

etc. I even still have Steel Panthers and old HPS Squad battles. Games have never so much competed for my money as they compete for my TIME.

Over the last few years CMx2 has gotten more than half of all my gaming time.

It's a niche company that makes niche games with a fairly small staff.  I don't know why folks get all bent out of shape when things take longer, or vastly different campaigns aren't released as ten dollar modules to three to four year old games.

I wouldn't exactly donate money, but my margin of purchase is a lot lower, like if CMFB was another company's product I'd wait on reviews before buying it, but there's sort of a, if CMFB is broken, I'm confident it'll get fixed, and the product itself will be pretty darn good to begin with.  I don't exactly need to be killing Nazis RIGHT NOW OR ELSE.  

They're the only ones that do what they do. My only gripe is a lack of co-play and that's not a huge deal. Is it perfect? No. Is it good? Hell yes. Customer service is really good. They interact with their customer base in the forums. I'm glad they're still in operation, and will continue to support them with my "hard earned cash". :) Keep it up BF.

I play a lot of games too but CM is king. Its not perfect, nothing is, but the way the series evolve, the realism, modding abbilities, community etc. Its just a great product. Thanks BFC and all of the community. 

Love the western front and dident really get into CMBO as I played CMBB first. So Im happy to have enjoyed (still do) CMBN and soon CMFB (learned alot too!). But Im also really looking forward to some early war eastern front. 

17 hours ago, Placebo said:

Long may it continue (this gaming niche and Battlefront)

+1 to that.  I remember posting something back in the early 2000's imagining what we'd be playing around now and they haven't disappointed.

Now, just imagine what CMx? will be like in another 10 years.  Wargaming heaven, methinks. 

Id buy FB immediately if I didnt have financial issues. Ill live. Couldnt get into RoF shoulda given it anothwr shot when they had a sale and I coulda bought a camel or dr vii for 5 bucks.

I. Love. Dcs. Especially the user made dynamic guardians of the caucuses. Still my fav thing of all isnt blowing stuff up with su25s or a10s or dogfighting with f15s or mig29s.

Its tooling around in my huey doing CSAR medevacs and hot drops and pickups.

I also crank the CCR or Wagner sometimes if I have rockets and miniguns =D

On ‎26‎/‎03‎/‎2016 at 9:29 PM, Tempestzzzz said:

I got a ton of games-way too many to play or give them justice-Total War, Hegemony this and that, Op Star, Steam and Iron, Rise of Flight, DCS (I even buy their betas hahaha), John Tiller-Nearly every AGEOD game, Command Ops, ARMAxxx....you get the idea.

I keep coming back to Battlefront. Not going to go through the issues-do a search plenty of open threads and a few locked threads on 'stuff'. And I have my own opinion and issues BUT suffice to say Battlefront always provided a DEMO-so you know what you are getting, I never had problems with their help desk, and to extent their games are mod able. I love the Z Folder setup.

I'm not a fan-boy but in our 'niche' market they are pretty damn good.

That's it.

Agree with every word. CMx2 series, Wings Over Flanders Field and Graviteam Tactics OS and MF are games that never leave my hard drive. Everything else comes and goes..not these.