The Good Old Days - A CMFI CAAR

Just as I finished my Comic for the CMFB Beta, I felt quite exhausted. It was a lot of work. But I really wanted to finish Apache, which I had all the screenshots for but had interrupted to do the Beta CAAR. 

When Apache was finished, I felt rather different than I expected. Instead of being glad it's all done, it felt a bit of a let-down, as I was actually really enjoying working on it. It was a different graphical style and narrative focus and style as well, and when it was over I kept looking for something I wanted to do. 

@kohlenklau suggested an Afrika Korps comic, using his mod for CMFI. As he can attest, I find mods (beyond a file or two) fiddly and limiting in that one has to have multiple installs in order to play normally, or to do QB's which by now anyone who knows me here will be aware is how I play 99% of the time. 

That said, the visuals he showed us all here with his mod were just inspiring. Like many others here I think I was enamoured with the North African war long before Normandy was catching my attention. And so I fell into his trap. ;)  Ok, not really. But we both had some ideas and in a moment of fantastic synergy, they meshed perfectly, and a scenario was born, as well as some graphics work beyond what his mod included. 

I hope you enjoy. :)

PS: I've said this with every Comic I've done here, but it bears repeating: click on the images to see them full screen. You're missing stuff if you don't. ;)

Edited by Bud Backer

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hang in there Michael. You'll see. Remember in Forrest Gump when the movie starts with him sitting on that bench with the box of chocolates? Then he tells the story and it goes elsewhere?

I carefully avoided watching Forrest Gump (even the name was a turnoff), but I know what you mean: flashback. Okay, except for the movie reference, that sounds good.

:)

Michael

I carefully avoided watching Forrest Gump (even the name was a turnoff), but I know what you mean: flashback. Okay, except for the movie reference, that sounds good.

Michael

Michael, I'm right there with you re: Forrest Gump. The sneak previews etc were a total turn off. *phooey*

Excellent!

Yay! (But shouldn't this be in the Normandy Forum?) Anyway, yay!

Michael

The hint was in the into...   :P

@kohlenklau

suggested an Afrika Korps comic, using his mod for CMFI.......

..... the visuals he showed us all here with his mod were just inspiring. Like many others here I think I was enamoured with the North African war long before Normandy was catching my attention.

Bud,

Yes, very nice blur effect to them both.  Good effect.

Hauptmann Warner needs to get Annaliese OUT of Konigsberg now...oh wait, this is September 1944.  Well, it is probably too late...:(  The horror has already hit at the end of August.  Most of the city and much of the population has been incinerated by now from a bombing raid.  No wonder he hasn't heard anything from Annaliese.

If she has survived, under no circumstances should she go to Gotenhafen and board the MV Wilhelm Gustloff in the coming months.

Heinrich505

Yeah!!! Something fun to read again when I get home from work. Thanks for taking this on again Bud. I look forward to see what happens next.

What happens next?? You mean this isn't enough? You can't leave these poor people in peace in that inhospitable place??? :D