CMFB update?

2 hours ago, JSj said:

Ok, so the release has been imminent for, what, a month now? More than that? Have we had any substantial news since Chris posted the thread "Final Blitzkrieg release update" on Jan 21?

Again, delays are not a problem, unexpected things always happens. But then you need to be open about it. A weekly forum post, listing the current issues, describing the reasons for the delays, perhaps a short video of a bug being worked on, that would have made a huge difference, compared to the almost total silence.

+2

(First time I have ever commented on a late game so hopefully it will come out tomorrow.)

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, JSj said:

Ok, so the release has been imminent for, what, a month now? More than that? Have we had any substantial news since Chris posted the thread "Final Blitzkrieg release update" on Jan 21?

Again, delays are not a problem, unexpected things always happens. But then you need to be open about it. A weekly forum post, listing the current issues, describing the reasons for the delays, perhaps a short video of a bug being worked on, that would have made a huge difference, compared to the almost total silence.

+2

(First time I have ever commented on a late game so hopefully it will come out tomorrow.)

Normally I dont get edgy close to a CM release, but this has been the ridiculous every the game has been pushed back so many times and honestly i dont care about the new website at all I am pretty sure it is just an excuse The game we were told release was mere weeks away in mid Jan. at this point I just want them to release the damn game and then patch it like normal people lol

Normally I dont get edgy close to a CM release, but this has been the ridiculous every the game has been pushed back so many times and honestly i dont care about the new website at all I am pretty sure it is just an excuse The game we were told release was mere weeks away in mid Jan. at this point I just want them to release the damn game and then patch it like normal people lol

+1. I dont care for the new website, just release it.

2 hours ago, JSj said:

+2

Yes Comms need to be better, this is edging towards the ridiculous.  Anyway the "Game that shall not be named" is nearing release on another hosting platform. 

No, we don't need a date, and BF should not give one. Because you can never know exactly how long it takes to fix a bug, implement a certain feature, or whatever else the problem is. The silence is not good though. A delay is not a problem at all, when you have been told what the hold up is and what is going on. But knowing nothing, that makes people restless and impatient.

Yeah okay, I guess you're right, but SOME information is certainly much needed! 

Yes Comms need to be better, this is edging towards the ridiculous.  Anyway the "Game that shall not be named" is nearing release on another hosting platform. 

Haha, classic !

@ lordhedgwich

I have send you a PM with the name of the "Game that shall not be named".

I personally save my money for the "Game that shall not be named" instead of spending it for another CMBN with winter textures, but maybe BFC is working on new features and thats why we have this delay ? Who knows ?

Haha, classic !

@ lordhedgwich

I have send you a PM with the name of the "Game that shall not be named".

I personally save my money for the "Game that shall not be named" instead of spending it for another CMBN with winter textures, but maybe BFC is working on new features and thats why we have this delay ? Who knows ?

So now that I know what the game is are we really not allowed to talk about it on the forums? Also I feel like CMFB will be more than CMBN with snow, but I do agree BF needs to move away from late war western front and do something more interesting, but i guess it doesnt matter since I will buy whatever they make lol

So now that I know what the game is are we really not allowed to talk about it on the forums? Also I feel like CMFB will be more than CMBN with snow, but I do agree BF needs to move away from late war western front and do something more interesting, but i guess it doesnt matter since I will buy whatever they make lol

Well, mentioning the name is maybe still ok but anything else (links for example) will get you banned sooner or later, there is a reason why its the "Game that shall not be named" !

Oh yeah, STEAM is the devil and has made all other small game developers poor thats why they all live under the bridge and eat beans...thats at least what the CM Forum thinks...

But think about it, if they would sell their products on STEAM they would be using the most advanced and most popular digital distribution platform and would not have to delay the game because they first need to setup a new store website which will most likely break down anyway and give you poor download speed the day CMFB is finally released.

Edited by HitmanX

Anyway the "Game that shall not be named" is nearing release on another hosting platform. 

What's that then? Graviteam Tactics: Mius Front? 

Is it really naughty to write that name, or have I misunderstood what constitutes "the game that shall not be named"?

If it's not that, can someone tell me what this heinous game is then, please?

Oh, by the way...Steam. Steam. Steam. Steam.

What's that then? Graviteam Tactics: Mius Front? 

Is it really naughty to write that name, or have I misunderstood what constitutes "the game that shall not be named"?

If it's not that, can someone tell me what this heinous game is then, please?

Oh, by the way...Steam. Steam. Steam. Steam.

Blooming heck you like to live dangerously!

I like Graviteam's games and all, but you really want to use Mius Front in a crabbing session about CMFB's release?  Either you are lacking a grasp on reality or just a BFC hater.  MF has been in development for two or three years.  Every couple of months someone dumps a bunch of screenshots and people discuss it.  Then it goes silent for months.

And people complain that CMFB is just CMBO with snow and few units...MF is even worse.  It looks almost exactly the same as the other Graviteam games.  So let's not throw BFC under the bus without taking a hard look at the performance of some unmentionable game.

Edited by Thewood1

I like Graviteam's games and all, but you really want to use Mius Front in a crabbing session about CMFB's release?  Either you are lacking a grasp on reality or just a BFC hater.  MF has been in development for two or three years.  Every couple of months someone dumps a bunch of screenshots and people discuss it.  Then it goes silent for months.

And people complain that CMFB is just CMBO with snow and few units...MF is even worse.  It looks almost exactly the same as the other Graviteam games.  So let's not throw BFC under the bus without taking a hard look at the performance of some unmentionable game.

1. Yes, it has been long in development, but they also released significant updates to GTOS and their tank sim (which is one of the best available) as well as new DLC's.

2. Its now officially confirmed that it will be "Coming Soon" and the Devs said release is close

3. Mius Front includes a UI overhaul, many new gameplay features, new graphics features, a MP mode, a reworked AI...so no its not just new textures and vehicles, its really a new standalone game !

Edited by HitmanX