CM: BS DAR Gnarls vs. Artemis258: Art begone...

gnarly

What a great post-game discussion of a terrific grueling fight by gnarly and Artemis258!  I learned a lot from both of you. Many thanks! I completely agree you need a map with some serious room, for it changes, well, everything in terms of battlefield dynamics. Using a map size keyed to the specific battle size puts huge constraints on what can be done, and it really hurts the attacker when seeking to overcome fixed defenses.

Oplot

What is it that causes Oplot's to be so poor at sighting? Is this a real world limitation or an in-game modeling problem? As it stands, I believe I want no part of them, for the kill chain starts with spotting. And we all know what happens when spotted first by the other guy, right?

Given how bad things got for gnarly late in the game in terms of dealing with Artemis258's seemingly omnipotent and all-surviving T-90, I think that a commander's reconnaissance might've helped. Seems to me a dismounted TC with binos would've at least helped in finding the battlefield Moby Dick, and as we saw in, Bud_B's comic book AAR, such an action can do wonderful things for improving an AFV's combat effectiveness.

Regards,

John Kettler

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic