CMFB Bonus Beta AAR ( Axis )

In the above pic, you can see this happened just before the Sturmgrenadiers entered the house ( left of pic ). Once there, they had a firefight with enemy infantry in the cemetery, killing at least one man of a flamethrower team ( his buddy was seen running away ) and a BAR team also decided their position was too hot.

In this pic you can also see the halftrack hit by the Brave Little Tank ( gunner killed, but it managed to reverse out of LoS ). The forward halftrack nosing around the church ( who killed Tube Guy ! ) will be seen again in the next pic.

CMFB 020 31.jpg

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right, new mayhem to report. For your breakfast entertainment :)

In the main fight of "The Village" vs "The Cemetery", Ken trumped my MP44's with something even bigger. 3 of the 4 men were cut down when the house front was flayed with fire.

CMFB 050 03.jpg

Seems I'm also not the only one to bring a flak vehicle...

CMFB 050 06.jpg

But unlikely heroes arise in the hour of need. Lowly Obersoldat Sumbrunn, the platoon drunk and perennial troublemaker, in his first encounter with the enemy, earns an Iron Cross 2nd Class by cooling defending his friends. He only has one machine gun to the flak halftrack's 4...

CMFB 050 05.jpg

He only needs one. :)

CMFB 050 07.jpg

Edited by Baneman

The Brave Little Tank, lays down some area fire on the cemetery. It takes more ( unaimed ?) fire in return and the commander buttons up. The commander decides to pull back a bit, but suddenly it takes a hit from the left, where there must be more M8's. Fortunately the blow is not fatal.

CMFB 050 22.jpg

In the village, the M8-killer Sdkfz 222 moves up ready to aid in suppressing the cemetery. The remaining Drilling is also moving forward. Infantry work around the right side of the village to keep the enemy back. Circled ( behind the tree ) is another team of sturmgrenadiers outside the building. Anything that makes it around that corner is going to be very badly off.

CMFB 050 1.jpg

Right, new mayhem to report. For your breakfast entertainment :)

In the main fight of "The Village" vs "The Cemetery", Ken trumped my MP44's with something even bigger. 3 of the 4 men were cut down when the house front was flayed with fire.

CMFB 050 03.jpg

Seems I'm also not the only one to bring a flak vehicle...

CMFB 050 06.jpg

But unlikely heroes arise in the hour of need. Lowly Obersoldat Sumbrunn, the platoon drunk and perennial troublemaker, in his first encounter with the enemy, earns an Iron Cross 2nd Class by cooling defending his friends. He only has one machine gun to the flak halftrack's 4...

CMFB 050 05.jpg

He only needs one. :)

CMFB 050 07.jpg

Excellent shooting! In my Rundstedt CAAR I discovered just how vulnerable the M16 crews are to MG fire... Seems it wasn't a fluke at my end. I will have to reconsider how to use AA-halftracks, because I lose them too readily.