CMFB Bonus Beta AAR ( Axis )

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First Blood ! Pain for both sides !

As my troops debarked into the woods on the left, it seems my opponent has pushed as far as he could down that flank. With at least one M8 ... :huh:

CMFB 015 1.jpg

2 Men down. But almost immediately, the Brave Little Tank :wub: evens the score when he sees a halftrack swanning down towards the town. :)

CMFB 015 3.jpg

Oh the conflict here.  I love canister rounds and I love that little 20mm auto cannon too.  I am so glad I get to watch both and not be on the receiving end of either. :)

Is that in movie mode? Man, that is unbelievably ugly!

Not perfect but I think the effect would look much better without the high contrast backdrop, i.e., if the surrounding void and sky box were set up for foggy conditions with almost flat grey colouring of a slightly lighter tone than the furthest-most part of the map. Quick and ugly mock-up to show - http://imgur.com/LBxdGIq

It's good to see a predominantly infantry fight, with swinging right out of the gate too.

Morning all

I got one more turn from Ken last night - I watched it, but I did not have time to work up the necessary screenshots, so you have to wait another 8 hours. :(

As is the case with these fast light vehicles, things can get hectic fast ... and they have !

Is that in movie mode? Man, that is unbelievably ugly!

I think perhaps the Fog is washing out the colours, making it look more movie-mode-esque. I shall try to remember to get an actual movie-mode shot for comparison.

Edited by Baneman

What I want to know is what my favourite German Armoured Car, the Sdkfz 222, is up to? Is it safe? Is it doing important things?

THIS.

Prepare to be happy ! :)

There are two of these - one which entered the village last turn and which moved forward just a tad this turn - and the other is on the slope to the left of the village.

The latter saw, engaged and destroyed an enemy halftrack.
The former, saw, engaged and (I think - certainly at least 2 casualties were caused) destroyed an M8.

So ... win for the Sdkfz 222's :wub:

Now, things look a little cold out there.  Maybe you should ease the flammenwerfer into position to...ah...lighten up things.  Muhahaha!!!

Funny you should say that - they are trying to get into position. Meanwhile, it turns out that Ken is just as much of a gamey bastige as me :rolleyes:
An American flamethrower team was spotted approaching the village ! :o

Massed Mp44 fire drove them off, killing one :)

So, to sum up what you haven't yet seen :

On the left the M8 that fired canister pulled back a bit ... but only at the end of the turn. Before that, it managed to spot and destroy my flakvierling ! :( 
Clearly I forgot the lesson of the game with Bil - pine-ey type trees do not block much LoS/LoF.
Dang !

The Right-Hook movement remains unopposed. This is good as he may not even know I've got 2 ( now 3 ) units there. They can see the village, so if he tries to go around the town ( to my right ), they should be spotted and engaged.

In town, it became hellish.

The schreck team were seen and both men killed by halftrack .50 cal fire :( Ken killed Tube Guy ! :o
The foremost recon team lost 2 of 3 men before they could reach the house they were heading for. The survivor legged it.
However, 4 SturmGrenadiers made it into their house, from where they "persuaded some American infantry not to advance on the village". They drove off an enemy BAR team and Flamethrower team at least. At the end of the turn, one cool customer took out the gunner of a halftrack a bit further away with a couple of aimed rounds. :)

The Brave Little Tank damaged a 2nd halftrack ( it lost its gunner and reversed away ).
As mentioned, the 222 in town saw an M8 ( a 2nd one ) up on the left hillside and hit it twice - 2 casualties seen.
The left side 222 also KO'd a halftrack.

I lost 2 of my Sdkfz 250's in the town to fire from massed halftracks ( at least 4 more can now be seen ). One of these was the 37mm armed 250/10 - I erred badly here - when the HQ hopped out, it turned out not to have a dedicated gunner. Before I could get anyone back in, it was engaged and destroyed, unable to shoot back :angry:

Approximate Blood Board :

Americans : 3 or 4 infantry ( not counting passengers - might be about 6-8 more of these ), 2 Halftracks KO'd, 2 damaged, 1 M8 (presumed KO'd )
Germans : about 6 infantry, 250/1, 250/10 and Flakvierling KO'd

Edited by Baneman

Baneman,

Thanks so much for putting this on.  It is great!!!

Now, things look a little cold out there.  Maybe you should ease the flammenwerfer into position to...ah...lighten up things.  Muhahaha!!!

Heinrich505

hahaha! You're priceless! 

I love the forces picked here. These small battles are really exciting!

Is it just me or there is something off with the lighting in these screenshots? especially the fog looks strange, particularly fog in long distance is just like white cardboard cut out to loko like woods...

No the problem obviously is the background beyond the map, because there is no fog applied beyond map edges. That makes the grey foggy tree silhuettes look too bright compared to the totally fog free and dark background.

Ok, here are the pics. First, an overview of the main action area.

CMFB 020 1.jpg

As you can see, the bulk of the action is around the outskirts of the village, in and around the cemetery.
Although as mentioned, back up on the hill to the left ... :(

CMFB 020 2.jpg

That M8's buddy though ... poked his nose too far forward :)

CMFB 020 6.jpg

Edited by Baneman