CMFB Bonus Beta AAR ( Axis )

Well gents, apologies for the long delay, my time schedule and c3k's differed badly. He couldn't do turns in the week and I went gallivanting around the Scottish Highlands for an extended Easter break.

We decided to push through to a Ceasefire this weekend and I'm happy to report that we have in fact completed.

Feeling like he had no options left, c3k went for a "Light Brigade" action ( except I don't think there was any confusion about the orders ;) ).
It went about as well as the original.

I have to sort through the screenies for the last 4 turns and then I will post it all up later today.

Thanks for listening .. er .. reading. This is ThreeDo... wait, that's not me...

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Baneman,

Great job.  Thanks so much for engaging in this for us.  It was just what we needed to tide us over for the near-imminent release of CMFB.

I really liked how you showcased some of the new equipment. 

No apologies needed.  This was great and I looked forward to each and every installment.  Thanks for all your hard work on this.  It has been greatly appreciated.

Heinrich505

Thanks Heinrich.

I feel all the better for having crushed him ! Mwuhahahahah !

Erm, sorry, don't know what came over me there :lol:
Bit of a "savour the moment" thing. ;)

I certainly hope more people are inspired to try light armour engagements, they're a blast ( as long as no actual tanks are around :unsure:)

Edit: Sorry no pics yet - the Cricket T20 World Cup Final kinda got in the way :wub:

Edited by Baneman

Cheers Bud - I'm sure you'll find it much the same - it's all over much sooner than you think ;)

- you'll be glad to know that the PSW 222 in town not only survived, but finally also killed the Zombie-M8 ! :lol:

Some impressive kill scores were racked up - they'll be shown in the final pics tonight.

2 hours ago, Baneman said:

Cheers Bud - I'm sure you'll find it much the same - it's all over much sooner than you think ;)

- you'll be glad to know that the PSW 222 in town not only survived, but finally also killed the Zombie-M8 ! :lol:

Some impressive kill scores were racked up - they'll be shown in the final pics tonight.

Oh good, I'm looking forward to reading now our little armoured car did! :)

A doff o' me cap to Baneman for his victory!

A few notes: compare my units' situational awareness with his. Throughout the battle, he seemed to see my guys first and better. That is NOT sour grapes!!! It was something I noticed in play (my guys were getting hit with accurate fire and could not even get a "?" from the source of the fire). His screenshots bear that out. Obviously, command and control links, unit experience, etc., play a role. Notice how critical it is to SEE the other guy. So, he was better at that aspect than I was. If I had used ANY recce, perhaps I would've spotted some men. But that's far too boring when compared with a flag rush.

I -was- able to get more of my men into the graveyard, so I've got that going for me. :)

I would say that German recce units pack more punch that US units...buy my guys showed more elan. ;) 

This was an outrageously fun battle with a courteous, gentlemanly, gamey bastige of an opponent. Get him on your playcard.

Ken out.

Greetings gentleman!  I wanted to say what a great pleasure it was to read the AAR's from both sides. In fact I enjoyed it so much I am curious if one day there could be a dedicated AAR  section for each of the CM Games in photo and video format... As a novice player I find these to be extremely beneficial to observe the thought process from beginning to end not to mention the banter and questions from the audience. 

Was also curious if it was permissible to seek a PBEM opponent to kick my darirrer once the full version is made available. 

Very excited for this release it looks awesome!

Be well... Stay awesome...

Martin