Fester Platz Polozk by PanzerMike

slysniper

I just played and finished this Scenario playing as recommended as the German  vs the AI Russian.

Just want to let the Designer know what a fantastic job he did on this Scenario.

First it is clear that it was designed for the play as the German vs the Ai

Second, it is a excellent challenge in that mode

Third, the map is a 10 of 10

Forth, the unit selection was interesting and it had a great period fight and feel to it.

I really enjoyed playing with the hetzers and the feel of being so overwhelmed by the Russians, it was great fun having to stop that force.

The battle was interesting  almost throughout and was a fight to the end. ( I was having to check ammo on most of my units and supplies were a key as to doing well in halting the different assaults during play. (By the end, There were units that were down to the last few rounds and no supplies to be had - Loved it)

The Hetzers were key units, but MG placements , Snipers  and Schrecks placements were also major factors. So a great battle to making sure you are using all your assets well.

I had many heroes, but to my own surprise was two of my Snipers, I did not note how well they were do, since city fighting normally means they do not live long.

But I had two left alive at the end , one with 28 kills, the other with 23. So they were a big factor for me and I had not really even noticed it. Since they had to withdrawal multiple times.

Yes I know it takes me forever to get around to playing some of these, but this one is highly recommended to anyone who has not tried it yet.

Edited by slysniper

• 2 months later...

Thanks for the praise there, Slysniper (and friends).

I made Polozk and a few otherscenarios post release, because I was not involved in Black Sea at the time. It was a lot of fun to make. There are not that many scenarios that are optimized for playing a human defender against the AI. And urban combat. So I figured why not try to fill the gap. A small Stalingrad if you will.

I am looking forward to making Berlin stuff, once we get to that with Red Thunder! But right now I am working on stuff for the upcoming Italy module (after I participated in Final Blitzkrieg). I know diddly squat about the Italian campaign in 1944, so I am learning about that as we speak. Every day is a school day :-)