Final Blitzkrieg release update

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't Steve and Charles lose their Internet connection the last time this happened?

And we had to delay physical shipments for a week because of the weather. This year can't have been that bad though, I haven't heard any complaints this year of Steve almost killing himself on ice.

And we had to delay physical shipments for a week because of the weather. This year can't have been that bad though, I haven't heard any complaints this year of Steve almost killing himself on ice.

Maybe that's because he's not managed to dig himself out yet?

[Editor's note: this comment made with only the very wooliest idea of how the area of the Big Dump relates to Steve's home location]

Same here. I really like the Total War series, and I own every game since Rome 1. However, I have never finished a whole campaign, though I have started many of them. The historical battles, which are both very cinematic and very intense at times, just gets repetitive and boring after a while. They are all fought in the same way: put your infantry in a battle line, use your cavalry on the flanks, and have your archers/javelinmen/skirmishers positioned so they can most effectively fire on the enemy.

As a contrast, battles in Combat Mission are all unique, and they all need to be approached differently, depending on the exact layout of the terrain, the composition of your forces, and that of the enemy. 

Yeah I'm a sucker for the Total War series as well, going back to the original Shogun. They are always on my permanent game rotation. :)

I'm currently playing the DeI mod for Rome 2, which I highly recommend if you want a slower more "realistic" styled  experience.

Yeah I'm a sucker for the Total War series as well, going back to the original Shogun. They are always on my permanent game rotation. :)

I'm currently playing the DeI mod for Rome 2, which I highly recommend if you want a slower more "realistic" styled  experience.

Yeah I started playing when Medieval total war 1 came out. I like all the games and usually Finnish 3-4 campaigns in each game except for Rome II and Attila.. I wasnt a huge fan of Rome II, but Attila is great 

How about we keep this thread about CMFB and not Total War? :rolleyes: 

Now I can finish my TW-Attila Campaign without rushing !

I have yet to finish a campaign in Attila i get like 150-200 turns in and get bored

Same here. I really like the Total War series, and I own every game since Rome 1. However, I have never finished a whole campaign, though I have started many of them. The historical battles, which are both very cinematic and very intense at times, just gets repetitive and boring after a while. They are all fought in the same way: put your infantry in a battle line, use your cavalry on the flanks, and have your archers/javelinmen/skirmishers positioned so they can most effectively fire on the enemy.

As a contrast, battles in Combat Mission are all unique, and they all need to be approached differently, depending on the exact layout of the terrain, the composition of your forces, and that of the enemy. 

I agree with you 100%, TW every moment it becomes boring. That's not what Combat Mission each game is other.

Don't agree re "boring"--am on turn 311 in TW Attila and I need 10 more Settlement captures for total domination ! Love this TW series AS WELL AS CM  SERIES (WW2 only)  As they --to each his own.

Yeah I started playing when Medieval total war 1 came out. I like all the games and usually Finnish 3-4 campaigns in each game except for Rome II and Attila.. I wasnt a huge fan of Rome II, but Attila is great