Weather combination

Hello everyone,

I create this topic for some (many) questions that i've about weather. I create historic scenario via editor for personal use and i want to know a little more about those parameters.
I know that weather/time of day changes the line of sight but :

1) What is the effect of temperature in game? Have they an effect on the soil moisture ?

2) Is temperature modified by time of day ?

3) What is the best combination for simulating winter's clear morning frozenground ? (Dry ? Wet ? Muddy ?)

4) According to you, which is the best combination for simulating morning dew of a hot summer ? (mist+damp? dry+mist? Haze?)

Thank you !

Hello :)

1. IIRC temperature has influence on weapons ballistics and unit fatigueing. Temperature and ground dampness is two different variables to be set independently.

2. Temperature is a fixed value and doesn´t change. A day setting of "cool" is the same 12° at night.

3. When speaking of CMFB it´s surely just "frozen ground". Atmospheric weather condition depends and could range from clear to anything offered by the game. But in your case I´d say just clear + frozen ground + (very) cold.

4. Hm....morning dew. According to https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dew it´s a relation between air humidity and temperature. Ground condition appears to be less of a factor, but ground/terrain type obviously is.

Morning dew of a hot summer? Picturesque! I rather prefer light haze and damp ground, myself. But there's no summer and no 'hot' in this title.  :)  Of course the same would apply to a cool early autumn morning as well. Some time back there were reports that a rain weather setting will make your terrain increasingly damp and bog-prone as the scenario continues regardless of the initial ground setting. I never tested that out.
If you're constructing a proper scenario you've got all the different parameters to play with. I was just testing an early morning scenario that's got the combo of cold, light fog and drizzle on a patchy snow terrain. It gave me chills just looking at it. Brrrr...

What happens with the ballistics when hot or cold respectively? Bullets drop sooner/later?

Yes, assuming it in fact is used in the game by temperature parameter then it has something to do with air density. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Density_of_air

Accuracy of bullets & shells would be affected I think.

Oher parameter could be a hot day getting pixeltroopers tiring more quickly i.e.

Morning dew of a hot summer? Picturesque! I rather prefer light haze and damp ground, myself. But there's no summer and no 'hot' in this title.  :)  Of course the same would apply to a cool early autumn morning as well. Some time back there were reports that a rain weather setting will make your terrain increasingly damp and bog-prone as the scenario continues regardless of the initial ground setting. I never tested that out.
If you're constructing a proper scenario you've got all the different parameters to play with. I was just testing an early morning scenario that's got the combo of cold, light fog and drizzle on a patchy snow terrain. It gave me chills just looking at it. Brrrr...

Yep, parameters are all there. With bits of imagination and knowing what the parameters do, one should be able to set desired environemtal map conditions.

What happens with the ballistics when hot or cold respectively? Bullets drop sooner/later?

Meteorology definitely affects Arty, Howitzer, and Mortar fires; each type in different manners.  It also impacts lower velocity direct fire guns and projectiles.  Weather conditions alter the ballistics of long range fires.  Small arms, not so much (unless your a sniper shooting out to 900 meters ;)).  Typical combat ranges are too short for those factors to materially alter small arms fires.

Edited by Badger73

Meteorology definitely affects Arty, Howitzer, and Mortar fires; each type in different manners.  It also impacts lower velocity direct fire guns and projectiles.  Weather conditions alter the ballistics of long range fires.  Small arms, not so much (unless your a sniper shooting out to 900 meters ;)).  Typical combat ranges are too short for those factors to materially alter small arms fires.

OK, thanx for clarification!