CMBS Winter Mod

CMBS Winter Mod - INTRO

CMBS-Winter-Mod-introduction

After release of the CMRT Complete Snowy Roofs on cmmods, I think that it is the right time to finish a idea that @waclaw first presented in the CMBS screenshots thread. As CMRT theatre is basically in the same area and share many textures with CMBS if you download:

Winter Mod terrain and shaders Pack

http://cmmodsiii.greenasjade.net/?p=2903

Winter Mod complete snowy roofs

http://cmmodsiii.greenasjade.net/?p=2948

Winter Mod Paved Roads and Highways 

http://cmmodsiii.greenasjade.net/?p=2936

Winter mod Bunkers, additional grounds, crates, destroyed trees and stumps

http://cmmodsiii.greenasjade.net/?p=2933

and CMBS Winter Mod FLAT roofs

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/l1t6npuq30qh07i/AACrEJnPWgvz6FuBAxih17ana?dl=0

put everything in z folder. Then in scenario editor open some .btt scenario or QB map, tag it with [snow], change weather conditions and some grass with dirt, you will get:

CMBS-Winter-Mod-introduction12

Of course there are some modern elements missing and some textures don't fit well. Also there is no winter jackets for infantry (can anyone help here?), but good thing is that modern vehicles most of the time don't use whitewash so modding process should be somehow easier and it’s not so bad to see even the default camo on the battleffield.

CMBS-Winter-Mod-introduction9

More than enough for a nice start :).

Project is more than open to comments, critics, ideas and especially moding involvement is welcomed.

Cheers.

Sorry but how do i install this. It says put them in z folder. But i cant find in the game files any folder that would be suited, so before i go screwing up my game how do i install? thanks

It can go in "mods" folder ( on PC in Documents folder). But You can without worrying open "z" folder inside Game main directory and put files there. Actually on Mac there is neither one so you need to manually create one.

Example for WAR movie Mod

Installation:
Mac
– Close Your CM Application
– Right click “CM Black Sea.app” and select “Show Package Contents”.
– Go to “Contents/ Resources/ Data”, create a new folder and name it “z”.
– Place the unzipped “War_Movie_ADVANCED_CM_Black_Sea_v111_by BarbaricCo” folder in “z” folder.

PC
– Close Your CM Application
– Go to CMRT Data folder (e.g. C:/Program Files (x86)/ Battlefront/ Combat Mission Black Sea/ Data), create a new folder and name it “z”.
– Place the unzipped “War_Movie_ADVANCED_CM_Black_Sea_v111_by BarbaricCo” folder in “z” folder.

Troubleshooting:
If You are experiencing problems, delete “War_Movie_ADVANCED_CM_Black_Sea_v111_by BarbaricCo” folder from “z” folder!

It is easy for old CM gamers but I can remember I searched a lot for this information :)

That is coooool! (pun intended).
When CMBS was first being talked about I had lobbied to have the basegame set in the winter just to make the title wildly different. The idea got nixed. They were either saving that idea for Bulge or simply thought I was crazy. :)

No!

This is cool :) 

MIKEYD_WINTER_ROAD_CMAK_CMMOS4.ZIP_origi

How can we finish this? Koh is already lost somewhere in Sahara.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 18 March 2016 at 2:06 PM, kinophile said:

I can't get this mod to work :'(

Downloaded, pity in Z folder,  own suborder called WINTER. 

I created a text file with     snow    inside,  only. Imported that to a scenario but no luck.

What am I missing? 

@kinophile

Did You get it working

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Depends on whether the next module for CMBS features winter months.  But, I imagine that if the mod is available people will like it. 

Just don't spread yourself too thin, Olek.  Over the years we've seen many modders go nuts and do a huge amount of work, then suddenly they burn out and disappear.

Edited by Erwin

8 hours ago, Erwin said:

Depends on whether the next module for CMBS features winter months.  But, I imagine that if the mod is available people will like it. 

Just don't spread yourself too thin, Olek.  Over the years we've seen many modders go nuts and do a huge amount of work, then suddenly they burn out and disappear.

Im trying to limit myself as much as I can lol) 

But its true its better to wait for winter months to come. 

Thank you for your support bro! 

19 hours ago, Erwin said:

There are so many higher truths hidden on this forum.

Like players and especially modders suffering postCMtraumatic stress disorder 😄

On 17. veljače 2018. at 11:52 PM, Antropofago said:

Could someone reupload the "Winter Mod terrain and shaders Pack" (the dropbox link is not working anymore) for those of us who arrive late to the party. 

Hm. It seems that Dropbox automatically changed the links?! I will look what's going on.

Btw. one of the main reasons for stopping further development of this mod (besides pstcm disorder and Kohlenklau finding a new ways of fun at a time :) ) for me was that we could not find a technical way to make a single and simple installation release and hosting of a complete Winter mod compilation as its grownup to a hundreds of separate mods reaching almost 10 Gb.