CMRT Campaign - Kampfgruppe "von Schroif"

How did I miss this???

Downloading right now! Thank you. My men will be happy to die to achieve the victory conditions you have set. ;)

Edited to add: OMG, I just looked at the package you've created!! Way to set the bar! I see I'm going to be using my time in a manner I hadn't expected. Thanks.

Edited by c3k

• 3 weeks later...

I'm on scenario 2 of this so far--loved Scenario 1! I have a question though--the briefing and Tactical Map for the second scenario both mention mortar support, but I don't see any mortars in the support panel when I start up the scenario. I am seeing the same thing in the PDF background booklet. Is it supposed to be this way? Thanks!

10 hours ago, General Liederkranz said:

I'm on scenario 2 of this so far--loved Scenario 1! I have a question though--the briefing and Tactical Map for the second scenario both mention mortar support, but I don't see any mortars in the support panel when I start up the scenario. I am seeing the same thing in the PDF background booklet. Is it supposed to be this way? Thanks!

Hi @General Liederkranz Thanks for the comments. Pleased you enjoyed the first mission. 

Re the mortars - I'd have to check. Can you confirm what version of the campaign you are playing (version 1 or 2) and what version of Mission 2 you are on (the campaign branches after Mission 1 depending on the results of Mission 1). My recollection is you should have mortars unless you used all the ammo on Mission 1 but I would need to double check that's the case.

Cheery!

Hi @General Liederkranz

Hhmms that's odd. I checked and you are on Mission 2a (good effort by the way). It shows in my scenario file the mortars are "off-map" but they don't appear. I suspect a wee bug. What I've done is added the mortars on-map. I've re-compiled and a link to the revised compiled version is HERE. Thanks for drawing my attention to this. I had thought I'd fixed this as this issue cropped up before.

I'll get onto Booty later and have him update the file at TSDIII.

Thanks again. I suspect Mission 2 might be a tad tougher for you unfortunately. Just pout it down to battalion fubar! Still given you'd done well in the first mission I suspect you'll cope with this slight set-back. :)

Cheery!

George

Haha, I will assume that the mortar ammo trucks didn't arrive, or got hit by Soviet air interdiction, or something. I appreciate you looking into this! Thanks again for putting together the campaign--the challenge of avoiding being spotted in the first mission was unusual and combined with the PDF booklet, it gives the campaign a great feeling of immersion. 

25 minutes ago, General Liederkranz said:

Haha, I will assume that the mortar ammo trucks didn't arrive, or got hit by Soviet air interdiction, or something. I appreciate you looking into this! Thanks again for putting together the campaign--the challenge of avoiding being spotted in the first mission was unusual and combined with the PDF booklet, it gives the campaign a great feeling of immersion. 

Cool - nae worries :) I'm really pleased you are enjoying the experience. I think (hope) all the missions have a slightly different twist to them whilst aiming at realism. Good luck with the rest of it.

Cheery!

I, too, have just finished v3 mission 2a. Ditto on that mortar bug. I just attacked anyway. ;)  Headed towards 3a with a seriously depleted kampfgruppe.

George MC, you have created a masterpiece. The maps are outstanding, the briefings are atmospheric, the pacing and balancing of the battles are absolute pieces of art. This is the campaign to play if you only ever plan to play one campaign.  This entire campaign package (the mods, briefings, overview, explanations, etc.,) should be used as an example of what can be achieved with this game. You've hit this one out of the park.

Thanks,

Ken

1 hour ago, c3k said:

I, too, have just finished v3 mission 2a. Ditto on that mortar bug. I just attacked anyway. ;)  Headed towards 3a with a seriously depleted kampfgruppe.

George MC, you have created a masterpiece. The maps are outstanding, the briefings are atmospheric, the pacing and balancing of the battles are absolute pieces of art. This is the campaign to play if you only ever plan to play one campaign.  This entire campaign package (the mods, briefings, overview, explanations, etc.,) should be used as an example of what can be achieved with this game. You've hit this one out of the park.

Thanks,

Ken

To be fair @George MC's other stuff isn't all that shabby either.  I just wish I had time to play them all.

On 28/06/2016 at 11:28 AM, c3k said:

Thanks,

Ken

Well thank you @c3k :) Really chuffed you are enjoying all aspects of this. All credit to the guys who did the playtesting and a massive shout out to @Combatintman who did huge amount of work checking and proofing the briefings and the associated PDF. All in all it was a team effort.

Thanks again for the high praise and good luck to you and your depleted kampfgruppe with Mission 3a - I suspect your cross attachment elements may be doing a bit more heavy lifting than they envisaged!

Cheery!

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/18/2016 at 10:33 PM, George MC said:

Hi @Wodin

Cheers for comments. Good effort in in taking all the objectives.

Re scoring - Hhmm... Looks like I need to tweak the scoring for the Germans. The Soviets do get points for spotting right enough - concept being if they see too much of the German force then they radio ahead so Soviets forewarned. But... I also need to take into account if the German player manages to take all the OBJ. So I'll tweak the on-map terrain OBJ for the Germans.

On the plus side you get an interesting fight in your next mission ;)

Oh re the extra Soviet guys - they are reinforcements that are set to never appear - wee stiffener for the AI as it was too prone to surrendering in earlier versions. This means the Germans have to physically clear and take the objectives rather than just slaughter the Soviets. Also means you are more exposed to being spotted, engaged and Kod by Soviet units.

Useful stuff ta. I'll make a few scoring tweaks.

Cheery!

Only just started playing this campaign. At the end of the 1st mission I was wondering why it was showing the Russians as having 51 Men OK on the AAR myself. I was also finding myself asking "Why won't they surrender?" towards the end of the fight. Now I know the answers.

On 30/07/2016 at 7:04 PM, Warts 'n' all said:

Only just started playing this campaign. At the end of the 1st mission I was wondering why it was showing the Russians as having 51 Men OK on the AAR myself. I was also finding myself asking "Why won't they surrender?" towards the end of the fight. Now I know the answers.

Hopefully the revised scoring has worked in your favour? Be keen to hear how you get on - good luck :)

• 4 months later...

Just testing the waters but wondering if there was anyone interested in the missions from this campaign released "unpacked" as scenarios but still as part of a bundle? I should stress that the scenarios would generally be easier than in the campaign as the German side would not have taken casualties from one mission to the next. Also they would only be playable as the Germans vs AI as there are no German AI plans nor would there be any Soviet briefing.

11 hours ago, George MC said:

Just testing the waters but wondering if there was anyone interested in the missions from this campaign released "unpacked" as scenarios but still as part of a bundle? I should stress that the scenarios would generally be easier than in the campaign as the German side would not have taken casualties from one mission to the next. Also they would only be playable as the Germans vs AI as there are no German AI plans nor would there be any Soviet briefing.

I'd totally be interested in that, @George MC. Always good to be able to take a good look under the hood at the work of the masters ;-)