CMRT Campaign - Kampfgruppe "von Schroif"

5 hours ago, grunt_GI said:

@George MC

Looking forward to this...does it require/use any MODS?

@grunt_GI I've not tagged any mods specifically nor have I made any for it. If you want it to look like the screenshots I've posted in this thread then I'd suggest using the following:

Aris' vehicles (both German and Soviet)

Kieme's buildings and terrain mods

Tanks a Lot buildings (these just add more 'skin' options for buildings but they are great!)

Veins' German and Soviet soldiers

Veins' tracers and special effect s(smoke, flame and dust)

Rambler's CMBS Trees and Hedges (yup CMBS mod but it works in CMRT).

Other than that it's playable straight "out of the box" :)

Cheery!

Congratulations on "Kampfgruppe "von Schroif" release George ?

"It is worth noting that the player receives no reinforcements and little in the way of refit in the 72 hour period.
Therefore you, the player, have to use your forces wisely, especially your panzergrenadiers. Keep your casualties as low as you can, for as long as you can. The key to success is close co-operation between your SPW, panzergrenadiers and panzers.

I am looking forward to the challenge? I am sure you have made it demanding yet inspiring.

Thanks to the entire crew of contributors SeinfeldRules, Raptorx7, mjkerner, RepsolCBR, TAKODA. BarbaricCo, olliwa, SlowLarry, Reech, borg, bangalor44, Chudacabra and Combatintman.

Buzz

13 hours ago, Holien said:

Woot, looks like another classic, can't wait to give it a go.... People over tonight, so maybe Sunday.

Hi H :)

I hope it is - been a very enjoyable project from my end. Hope all good with you? Let me know how it goes please, eh?

Cheery!

Wow, this sounds like a very well thought out and put together campaign.  It definitely raises the bar on scenario and campaign design.  This one deserves some more attention so players realize the designer @George MC and helpers went way above and beyond.  They included many things that don't come with your average scenario/campaign release. Below I copied a small part of the campaign description from the Scenario Depot III where it can be downloaded.  The below should give an idea of the high quality of this release.  

compiled all the campaign briefings into a PDF file titled Kampfgruppe von Schroif Campaign Briefing Handbook. Each brief is linked via the Campaign Flowchart so you can quickly access the briefing you want. If you don’t like reading then the Operation and Tactical Maps in each mission provide the key info required at a glance.
There is also a table showing your unit, its commanders and their ‘soft’ values e.g. experience, morale etc. In addition there are Force Tracker graphics which allow you to track casualties and effectiveness of your unit as the campaign rolls on.
In addition there is a pack of Tactical Maps included in the zip file. These are maps of all the main missions and are blank unannotated JPGs. They offer the player the ability to use them to plan their actions either on paper (print them out) or digitally on your PC/Laptop.    

I will say it again, Wow.  Included tactical maps that can be printed out and all the other extras.  Can't wait to play this one.  

I've been busy with work, but just got started on the third mission and it is a tough one so far. The map is wonderful. So far I think this is possibly the finest CM campaign I've played. Amazing work as usual!

Now if we can just get a George MC CMBS campaign...

19 hours ago, MOS:96B2P said:

Wow, this sounds like a very well thought out and put together campaign.  It definitely raises the bar on scenario and campaign design.  This one deserves some more attention so players realize the designer @George MC and helpers went way above and beyond.  They included many things that don't come with your average scenario/campaign release. Below I copied a small part of the campaign description from the Scenario Depot III where it can be downloaded.  The below should give an idea of the high quality of this release.  

compiled all the campaign briefings into a PDF file titled Kampfgruppe von Schroif Campaign Briefing Handbook. Each brief is linked via the Campaign Flowchart so you can quickly access the briefing you want. If you don’t like reading then the Operation and Tactical Maps in each mission provide the key info required at a glance.
There is also a table showing your unit, its commanders and their ‘soft’ values e.g. experience, morale etc. In addition there are Force Tracker graphics which allow you to track casualties and effectiveness of your unit as the campaign rolls on.
In addition there is a pack of Tactical Maps included in the zip file. These are maps of all the main missions and are blank unannotated JPGs. They offer the player the ability to use them to plan their actions either on paper (print them out) or digitally on your PC/Laptop.    

I will say it again, Wow.  Included tactical maps that can be printed out and all the other extras.  Can't wait to play this one.  

Yeah that was the first thing I noticed. The PDF file is just damn right genius if you ask me. I'm looking forward to starting this once I get done with my trip down Montebourg Lane.

On 25/04/2016 at 4:18 AM, MOS:96B2P said:

Cheers @MOS:96B2P pleased you've appreciated the wee extras. I thought given the type of campaign this is and the narrative briefings that I needed to come up with an option that allowed players to either take their time and read the briefings, but also address those who just want to get into the action. Hopefully it fits both needs. I'm a fan of 'immersive' briefings hence why I chose to adopt that style. Hopefully other players like yourself are as well. I hope so because the intent with the briefings (and based on reading numerous accounts etc) was to try to give a flavour of commanding such a unit in combat.

This has been very much a team effort and I should point out that the Combatintman spent a great deal of time proof reading and checking ALL the briefings and cross referencing them to the in-game tac an op maps. A massive piece of work and one which I think greatly enhances the quality of the PDF document.

Thanks again for the fullsome praise - much appreciated ta :)