CMRT Campaign - Kampfgruppe "von Schroif"

Wouldn't the 'Slow' command work the best for crossing bridges?  Usually 'Fast' (or whatever) up to the bridge, place a waypoint, then 'Slow' over the bridge to the next waypoint, etc.  That is what I always do with no issues.  Mind you I have not tried out this one particular campaign as of yet.

Wouldn't the 'Slow' command work the best for crossing bridges?  Usually 'Fast' (or whatever) up to the bridge, place a waypoint, then 'Slow' over the bridge to the next waypoint, etc.  That is what I always do with no issues.  Mind you I have not tried out this one particular campaign as of yet.

Well, I could not replicate the bug neither with quick or fast command but BFC will iron it out if it is something to worry about.

It was the bridge before obj. Prignitz that was making problems but there are to many interesting things going on to be bored by this bug :)

CMRT-Kampfgruppe-'von-Schroif'-by-George-MC-7Clearing the obj. Prignitz

Phase II begin and it's a sunny day...

@George MC If I'm posting or revealing too much please stop me but your maps look so good :).

Hi @BarbaricCo Hey no worries - I'm enjoying your screenshots. In this one though just don't give too much away via images as to what's there and where it is please? ;) To date the way you've been doing it, screenshots, with little or no context regarding the action is great. If you think it might give stuff away just whack in a big SPOILER note above the image :)

Cheery!

BarbaricCo,

Your screenshots of GeorgeMC's upcoming Kampgruppe "Von Schroif" are really selling the product.  They are excellent.

Makes us all the more anxious for the campaign to be released...hint, hint...:rolleyes:

Heinrich505

Guys, hurry up! Kampgruppe "Von Schroif" by George MC is FREE while in beta testing phase. When it get released as part of the module pack it will be $$$$. War Movie shaders used for screenies are also still free :D.

20-CMRT-Kampfgruppe-'von-Schroif'-by-George-MC

Hi @BarbaricCo Hey no worries - I'm enjoying your screenshots. In this one though just don't give too much away via images as to what's there and where it is please? ;) To date the way you've been doing it, screenshots, with little or no context regarding the action is great. If you think it might give stuff away just whack in a big SPOILER note above the image :)

Cheery!

Ups! Now I have great responsibility but it's better not to show wide shots and my tactical nonsenses :)

Thanks

18-CMRT-Kampfgruppe-'von-Schroif'-by-George-MC

Hi @BarbaricCo

Ah using SPW - you have to be really careful with them. This stage in the war the Soviets have lot's of AT guns any of which can pop a SPW.

A few top tips:

Recce - if you can check out what lays ahead. However time is not always on your side... Although as one Ost Front guidance pamphlet stated:

1. Before any attack acquaint yourself with the ground. Use the information provided by other units or by the map. Share this information with your subordinate commanders. Exact information and correct estimation of the terrain will be the decisive difference between victory and defeat.

2. No armored attack is so fast, even under the most pressing situation, that you do not have time to put subordinate leaders into the picture about the tactical situation, mission, and anything else which may impact on the coming action. Losses due to over-hasty action are your responsibility and place the success of the mission in jeopardy.

3. Only careful combat reconnaissance can protect you from surprise. Protect to your flanks as well as the front. Observation to all sides is the duty of every commander. ALWAYS KEEP YOUR EYE OUT FOR THE ENEMY! 

CM%20Red%20Thunder%202016-02-03%2018-16-

6. You must lead with strength. At least two tanks must be forward, and the trail platoons must be held far enough forward to support the lead platoon. The more guns that fire in the first minute, the quicker the enemy will be defeated and the fewer losses you will suffer. 

CM%20Red%20Thunder%202016-02-04%2019-42-

24. In combined operations with infantry or armored infantry, you must make certain that the arms stick close together; only so can they help each other and achieve success. Which of the two is leading is a secondary matter; what must be known is that it is the intention of the enemy to separate them and that you must prevent this in all circumstances. Your battlecry must be "Protect the Infantry!" and the infantry's battlecry is "Protect the Tanks!" 

CM%20Red%20Thunder%202016-02-02%2009-53-

CM%20Red%20Thunder%202016-02-02%2010-18-

I'm currently on the mission where I have to seize the bridges at Rakow. I'm already noticing my panzergrenadiers are at reduced strength, I've few original tank commanders left alive and my ammo is running low... Oh and I managed to run into my own AI ambushes that I created... That was not good. I should have remembered this:

9. When antitank weapons are encountered at long or medium ranges, you must first return fire and then maneuver against them. First make a firing halt in order to bring effective fire to bear - then commit the bulk of the company to maneuver on the enemy with the continued support of one platoon. 

Good advice but in this case my panzer zug were all dead before they had even ID'd where the firing was coming from. Overwatch and recce would have been good. I'm currently reading a book about Operation Konrad in January 1945 and the attriton rate amongst the German panzer and SPW panzergrenadiers was really high. Mostly by running into PAK or tank ambushes.

Edited by George MC

Hi @BarbaricCo

Ah using SPW - you have to be really careful with them. This stage in the war the Soviets have lot's of AT guns any of which can pop a SPW.

A few top tips:

Wow! Superb widescreen action tutorial  :)

Yes. It’s scary how relatively cheap weapon like AT gun can make carnage from column of tanks and SPW’s.

Phase II takes lot of preparation and tactical thinking. When I decided to make a move I loosed 4 Sd.Kfz's on one flank but managed to make decisive breakthrough on the other. Luckily my Panzer IV’s survived with only 2 taken light frontal hits.
So it also takes luck and sacrifices to win the battle.

28-CMRT-Kampfgruppe-'von-Schroif'-by-George-MC

And when I made progress I was able to fast transfer my infantry with Sd.Kfz's trough corridor to the other side of the map, and that is when they are really useful.

26-CMRT-Kampfgruppe-'von-Schroif'-by-George-MCEmpire strikes back