George MC

CMRT Campaign - Kampfgruppe "von Schroif"

On ‎8‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 6:47 PM, George MC said:

Aye that was a HUGE amount of work - I'm indebted Herr Oberleutnant! ;) And to your good wife. If you both every find your ways to Scotland the drinks are on me!

Check your PMs to repay the favour mate ... it won't cost you a penny which will warm your Scottish heart.

Edited by Combatintman

Gotta be one of the best Campaigns I've played ever in all of Battlefronts Titles. The attention to detail, the map work and playability are simply brilliant. Could have done with some more Grenadiers to make it easier for me but that could have diminished the sense of achievement. Great job, thank you.

16 hours ago, theforger said:

Gotta be one of the best Campaigns I've played ever in all of Battlefronts Titles. The attention to detail, the map work and playability are simply brilliant. Could have done with some more Grenadiers to make it easier for me but that could have diminished the sense of achievement. Great job, thank you.

Cheers @theforger

Thanks very much for the positive feedback. Glad you enjoyed it and appreciated the Wee added extras. It was very much a team effort as I’d a lot of help and support from others to play test and polish the final release. 

It is tough but having your sole company of grenadiers was intentional to encourage the player to not waste their digital lives needlessly! It also goes some way to illustrating how these sort of armoured units could be frantically reduced in numbers when engaged on operations. 

Thanks again for the positive feedback. 

Cheery!

On 11.5.2017 at 6:06 PM, George MC said:

I am - working on a campaign based around Kampfgruppe Muhlenkamp in Poland summer 1944. Taking lot longer due to RL stuff but making steady progress.

George are you still active on this?

3 hours ago, MANoWAR.U51 said:

George are you still active on this?

It's on the back burner for now as busy with some other 'modern era' projects. It's not forgotten though just on hold for short while. I've got most of the missions done for the campaign though and I've been slowly working up the briefings.

Wee baby and RK stuff mean I've way less time than I used to have! It'll be released just can't give an ETA at the moment.

27 minutes ago, George MC said:

It's on the back burner for now as busy with some other 'modern era' projects. It's not forgotten though just on hold for short while. I've got most of the missions done for the campaign though and I've been slowly working up the briefings.

Wee baby and RK stuff mean I've way less time than I used to have! It'll be released just can't give an ETA at the moment.

Alright, thanks for the update!

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, George MC said:

George, this campaign is about the Wiking division. So we won't be able to play it until the next CMRT module (which includes the Waffen SS), won't we? Why not include it in the coming module? Or is that the plan already? ;)

Edited by Aragorn2002

Late to the party but just finished my run through of this one. What a fight at the end. Tactical defeat and not much left of the KG. :P But there was one heroic StuG that took down 8 T34's. Thanks George.

Hi George et al,

All these years I've been mucking about with various versions of CM and I've never done a campaign before.
Shame on me! However, having said that, I have begun "Kampfgruppe von Schroif" and have just completed
the first mission ("veteran" level difficulty) and had a grand time with it, eeking out a "tactical victory" in
the doing.
  I am astounded at the level of work that went into this campaign. The accompanying PDF, all 133 pages of it
was what convinced me to do this, my first ever campaign. My hat is off to you and I thank you for your time
and efforts as well as for all the fun I had with the first mission!
  I am VERY much looking forward to the next one.

A fellow CM player, my friend George, aka "Grunt" gave me a great pointer with regards to halftracks.
I had several which did not have gunners (gunners killed in first mission), but which did have men/sections riding in the back, none
of which were manning the machine guns. To get one of those guys to actually man the machine gun,
selecting the halftrack and then selecting "open up" has one of the passengers step up and take the
gunner position.

Anyway, George, I just wanted to say "Thank you" for putting Kampfgruppe von Schroif together!

Best regards, Odd

On 10/27/2018 at 10:49 AM, Ithikial_AU said:

Late to the party but just finished my run through of this one. What a fight at the end. Tactical defeat and not much left of the KG. :P But there was one heroic StuG that took down 8 T34's. Thanks George.

A shame that you couldn't have video'd it. But, I know that R/L for you doesn't allow you to continue your youtube activity.

On 10/27/2018 at 10:49 AM, Ithikial_AU said:

Excellent! Nice work :) That's a good effort keeping your unit combat effective till the final mission. I've been doing some research on combat casualty rates for German armoured panzer grenadier units. Hard finding actual casualty rates but from what I can gather, anecdotally, is these mobile armed units were very much used and abused, very quickly suffering 50% casualties after four to five days of ops, and more often than not to the point of near destruction.

Re the von Shroif campaign, I think there may be an element of the Kobayashi Maru about this - so good effort in getting to the end. A fine test of one's mettle! :)

If you happen to still have the final game file I'd be interested in seeing it please? I've dropbox so if poss you could PM me with the link please?

Thanks for taking the time and effort to play this through and for your comments - much appreciated ta!

Cheery!

8 hours ago, Oddball-47 said:

Hi George et al,

All these years I've been mucking about with various versions of CM and I've never done a campaign before.
Shame on me! However, having said that, I have begun "Kampfgruppe von Schroif" and have just completed
the first mission ("veteran" level difficulty) and had a grand time with it, eeking out a "tactical victory" in
the doing.
  I am astounded at the level of work that went into this campaign. The accompanying PDF, all 133 pages of it
was what convinced me to do this, my first ever campaign. My hat is off to you and I thank you for your time
and efforts as well as for all the fun I had with the first mission!
  I am VERY much looking forward to the next one.

A fellow CM player, my friend George, aka "Grunt" gave me a great pointer with regards to halftracks.
I had several which did not have gunners (gunners killed in first mission), but which did have men/sections riding in the back, none
of which were manning the machine guns. To get one of those guys to actually man the machine gun,
selecting the halftrack and then selecting "open up" has one of the passengers step up and take the
gunner position.

Anyway, George, I just wanted to say "Thank you" for putting Kampfgruppe von Schroif together!

Best regards, Odd

Thank you @Oddball-47 :)

I can't accept your thanks without first acknowledging the massive amount of work by @combatintman put into supporting this project.

@Combatintman painstakingly proof read and checked all the briefings for every scenario and their associated tactical and operation maps. I think the words Oberleutant and Oberstleutnant will be forever etched in his brain! He also provided the “Force Tracker” graphics. Huge shout out to @SeinfeldRules for the kind permission to use his “Assault Position” scenario in this campaign.  

Re using SPW - another wee top tip is setting short covered arcs on your SPW if moving danger close to enemy - keeps the gunners from jumping up and getting slotted, only to be replaced by another and so on till the crew and passengers are near wiped out. My pet peeve about how SPW and crews are modeled in game...

Thanks for taking the time to give this a go and for posting your comments. Good luck with your playthrough and be keen to hear how it all goes.

Cheery!

3 hours ago, Warts 'n' all said:

A shame that you couldn't have video'd it. But, I know that R/L for you doesn't allow you to continue your youtube activity.

If you are overly bored or need a cure for insomnia take a look at this link. One of the RL work reasons I started losing free time. Well at least around the time I made to call to end the channel. One powerball. :(https://www.stb.wa.gov.au/sites/default/files/stb-2018-2021-background-paper.pdf

1 hour ago, George MC said:

If you happen to still have the final game file I'd be interested in seeing it please? I've dropbox so if poss you could PM me with the link please?

PM sent. :)