Russian army under equipped?

A bit late (but then I don't really post here much anymore):
https://ria.ru/defense_safety/20160906/1476182016.html

A new contract for 132 Armata based vehicles has been sighned, so it seems that Armata is moving towards LRIP and brigade sized IOC.

Full scale rearmament, however, indeed has been pushed beyound 2020 with all the delays, which creates a need for the T90A->T90M upgrades, as the Ground Forces need more tanks than the 1000+ run of T72B3s can provide.

So, we know that MoD ordered 132 Armata-based vehicles. Previously we knew that they were to sign a contract of two tank and one IFV battalions which was to be "more than a hundred" vehicles so these two things match. Under regular ToE this would mean the following - 

41x2 Т-14 + 2x Т-16 = 84
44x1 Т-15 + 1x Т-16 = 45

If we count an IFV battalion with AGL support platoon. This comes to 129 vehicles. If we include organic battalion recon platoon of three T-15s which were planned in 2008 but never realized we get the 132 vehicles we need.

@BTR

Other military vehicles for military schools.

When I myself studied at a military school, my teacher told me that in  92's. he studied BMP-3, but he was told that they could be seen only 20 years later. It's ironic that it happened, they began to enter mass army after 2010.

Edited by HUSKER2142

21 hours ago, ikalugin said:

A bit late (but then I don't really post here much anymore):
https://ria.ru/defense_safety/20160906/1476182016.html

A new contract for 132 Armata based vehicles has been sighned, so it seems that Armata is moving towards LRIP and brigade sized IOC.

Full scale rearmament, however, indeed has been pushed beyound 2020 with all the delays, which creates a need for the T90A->T90M upgrades, as the Ground Forces need more tanks than the 1000+ run of T72B3s can provide.

Yep, still modernizing 'em 72s. I recently played with the obr. 2016 version of the B3 in RHS. Kinda funny that the obr. 2016 variant isn't in BS.

I always thought the B3 was considered a modern tank. (2017-2018) What year the ones ingame? 

Also ACE and ACEX absolutely dominated Arma until Arma 3. Now we are left with the units/vehicles and not the physics/ACEstuff/Arma knowhow behind them. 

Edited by Artkin

1 hour ago, Artkin said:

I always thought the B3 was considered a modern tank. (2017-2018) What year the ones ingame? 

Also ACE and ACEX absolutely dominated Arma until Arma 3. Now we are left with the units/vehicles and not the physics/ACEstuff/Arma knowhow behind them. 

The B3 (obr. 2010) is the one in game. The most modern T-72 variant is B3M (obr. 2014) with new engine, commander thermals, new gun and optional Relikt armour. Most pictures I've seen have the Kontakt-5 -- I presume they are older pictures.The B3 (obr. 2016) is one with partial Relikt ERA (most notably on the sides).

ACE mod is probably one of the most popular mods on A3's workshop. ACE 3 has official support for RHS, too. To me, ACE3 + RHS = A2 ACE. I was an SLX fan, myself -- yet, it has no successor in A3.

Edited by DerKommissar

3 hours ago, DerKommissar said:

Yep, still modernizing 'em 72s. I recently played with the obr. 2016 version of the B3 in RHS. Kinda funny that the obr. 2016 variant isn't in BS.

It didn’t show up until after the game was long-finished.  The version in the game is still the dominant version in service.  I think maybe the obr. 2016 version has been seen with one unit on parade, and only just this year.  The version with CITV (“B3M”) still hasn’t made an appearance in service, only in tank biathlon.

Interesting. Thanks guys. 

I think I was turned away by the sheer clumsiness of Arma 3. Accessing the interaction menu was a big issue for me, having to look every direction to get what I need done. The A2 ACE menu was better imo. Which is another thing - it's hard to begin to understand the new mess of a ACE menu (In Esc screen and home screen). This is all recollection though, I haven't seriously toyed with A3 in years. 

10 hours ago, akd said:

It didn’t show up until after the game was long-finished.  The version in the game is still the dominant version in service.  I think maybe the obr. 2016 version has been seen with one unit on parade, and only just this year.  The version with CITV (“B3M”) still hasn’t made an appearance in service, only in tank biathlon.

Both are still more common than Oplots or T90Ms.

9 hours ago, akd said:

I think maybe the obr. 2016 version has been seen with one unit on parade, and only just this year. 

T-72B3 obr.2016  production ≈ 150 per year.

72_150_1.jpg

68th Tank Regiment 150th Motorized Rifle Division.

72_32016_5_2018.jpg

5th Tank Brigade.

72_3_2_736.jpg

1st Tank Regiment 2nd Motorized Rifle Division.

72_3_6_180420182.jpg

6th Tank Brigade.

11 hours ago, akd said:

The version with CITV (“B3M”) still hasn’t made an appearance in service, only in tank biathlon.

T-72B3M ≈ 20 in 2nd Motorized Rifle Division.

T-80BVM* 10 (2017)

5434067_original.jpg

61st Naval Infantry Brigade.

*Tanks for Naval Infantry don't have additional side armor.

Contracts for T-80BVM/T-90M:

T-80BVM  62 (2018-2019).

T-90M ≈ 60 (2018-2019).

Shows just how much I know. The T-72 variant game is too strong. Just when I get it down, they come up with a new one!

To me, the CITV is one of the most, if not THE most, important upgrade to these tanks. Which is why I am dejected to see them being omitted from T-80BVMs and T-72B3 obr. 2016.

Все соединения и части Воздушно-десантных войск получили боевую экипировку «Ратник», сообщил 25 августа в ходе форума «Армия-2018» командующий ВДВ генерал-полковник Андрей Сердюков. «В 2018 году завершено оснащение всех подразделений ВДВ средствами защиты «Ратник», — сказал он в эфире телеканала «Звезда». В настоящее время в боевом составе ВДВ имеется четыре дивизии и пять бригад.

it appears that all of VDV (as well as Naval Infantry) uses Ratnik now.

Edited by ikalugin

The absence of various MRLS, (Grad, Uragan & Smerch in particular) is starting to grind my gears (this goes for Ukraine too).

PS - @Sublime Just for you:

mCdkTFQ.jpg

I never liked the T-80  that much, but then I discovered these threads:

http://sturgeonshouse.ipbhost.com/topic/961-communist-tracked-boxes-with-pancake-turrets-dont-you-dare-to-confuse-glorious-t-80-battle-tank-with-kharkovite-t-64-tractor-that-doesnt-work/

http://sturgeonshouse.ipbhost.com/topic/884-t-80-megathread-astronomical-speed-and-price/

I now have around a dozen 1/72 T-80 kits.  ;) 

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead

Maybe best article ever written on subject.  Eg:

"After initial testing of T-64 Army started to understand the scale of failure, how utterly unworkable this abomination was in majority of Soviet Fatherland. The engine had to be warmed before ignition like Italian supercar for rich Italian mafia members that oppress simple Italian workers and parasitize the working class!.  ...if tank lost tracks in combat and Soviet army engineers tried to pull damaged T-64 out of the battle, those punny rollers just buried themselfs because how thin they were, working as a self-entranching knifes and by this completely jamming suspension and not allowing to pull tank from the battlefield, just to ensure that Westerners will win! Those Kharkovites know no shame for their traitor rollers!"

11 hours ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

The absence of various MRLS, (Grad, Uragan & Smerch in particular) is starting to grind my gears (this goes for Ukraine too).

PS - @Sublime Just for you:

mCdkTFQ.jpg

I never liked the T-80  that much, but then I discovered these threads:

http://sturgeonshouse.ipbhost.com/topic/961-communist-tracked-boxes-with-pancake-turrets-dont-you-dare-to-confuse-glorious-t-80-battle-tank-with-kharkovite-t-64-tractor-that-doesnt-work/

http://sturgeonshouse.ipbhost.com/topic/884-t-80-megathread-astronomical-speed-and-price/

I now have around a dozen 1/72 T-80 kits.  ;) 

awesome thanks

1 hour ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

T-80BVM (Lite) with a very 'fit' looking crew!  :wub: 

main-qimg-0ca0ae0aa3a283dce09f5fb8d83509

Yeah, never got why there weren't more women in tank crews in the West. Tanks tend to be small -- it makes perfect sense.

Curious to see those bottom hull shields on one and the ERA on the other. I've always been curious about those bottom shields. I've never seen them outside of later T-80s. How useful are they?

Always thought those sideskirts looked flimsy though. xD

Hmmm... All look like fit fashion models and with full make-up on as well(!)   

Anyone remember a sci fi story in which the enemy (aliens) looked like cute bunnies, so soldiers had to have special psych training to kill em?   This looks like propaganda to make our 18-22 year old boys think twice about putting a 120mm into dateable cuties.   :wacko: