Russian army under equipped?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  1. I hope they'll test it as strike UCAV as well.
  2. Transas was well regarded as a producer of "real" things not a military parade mock-ups. They said they've developed multiple technologies while working on Orion.

PS And the funniest thing is - Transas also supplies helicopter instrumentation for US military. Though low-tech and produced at their Swiss subsidiary but nonetheless :)

PPS And Transas (civilian business unit) will continue as a Finnish company not Russian any more :(

Edited by IMHO

3 hours ago, Erwin said:

How much does this cost to play?

I don't know. I'm not a big fan. I took part in an annual paintball game once. It was from 20 to 40 USD depending on how early you pay. There were 3'500 people so it was fun. But in terms of "armored" component they use WWII "kind-of-replicas". I'll try to find the pics.

Edited by IMHO

3 hours ago, Erwin said:

How much does this cost to play?

tanki.jpg

0262.jpg

000621b.jpg

BPM-1.jpg 

67fa3af0c2fc92b3624db03cb948495a_w875_h6

foto.php?id=22&crop&size=950x468

x_5cd0f62b.jpg

1369258031_21.jpg

PS Actually though paintball is hardly any match to engagement ranges of modern infantry combat but mortars and rocket launchers were the pain in the ass. When carefully fire adjusted they wipe away detachments of many dozens. Hand-grenades, under-barrel GLs and RPGs are also used prolifically - just can't quickly find pics from the games.

Edited by IMHO

@DerKommissar,

1. Here are the pics of all the vehicles this group made over the years. http://www.kaput.ru/parkwar.html Click on the 2nd level menu on the left.
  2. Here are more pics from these massive games of many years. http://www.kaput.ru/gallery.html Click on the years on the center-top list.
  3. They don't sell vehicles but they sell this one - from 110 to 215 shots per minute, regulated to the feeder. About 1'500 USD. http://www.kaput.ru/sale.html

200231862052d59f8f646cb.png

Edited by IMHO

52 minutes ago, Erwin said:

I thought they use Airsoft these days.  Longer ranges (and hurts more).

In my experience, airsoft hurts less. Yet, I suspect it depends on the velocity of the projectile. Still, a small, air-filled, plastic ball has less mass than a gelatin paint capsule.

I think, why they use paintball is because it leaves paint. You know exactly who hit what, because it's painted. In Airsoft, you have to raise your hand and call out if you were hit. Letting a lot of dastardly gentlemen pretending not to feel it. Large hectic battles would lead to confusion with people calling hit, or maybe just moving. Airsoft works with small close-knit teams, while paintball is more suitable for such a mass melee.

Really cool reenactment. I apologize, in advance, if I derail this thread further:

16 hours ago, Erwin said:

I thought they use Airsoft these days.  Longer ranges (and hurts more).

Why airsoft if you can go for strikeball? Airsoft guns with lead projectiles. Longer engagement ranges.

@DerKommissar, very cool RC game!

Edited by IMHO

Sorry, my mistake, I'm not into it so I mixed up names. So there's a version of airsoft played in ex-Soviet Union with 4.5mm steel balls and lead bullets. The proper name is hardball but despite linguistics the name was coined locally. There's no English wiki article so here's a Russian one https://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/Хардбол And a Ukranian video 

Edited by IMHO

1. I was wrong, they don't use airsoft guns for hardball but higher energy shooting gallery pneumatics. 180 m/s for lead bullets.
  2. Something entirely different but might be interesting as well - there's an ultra-realistic Russian-made mod and invitation only server for Arma3 called Tushino. They regularly hold games of 150-200 participants with armour, aircraft etc. It's searchable on Youtube by the words "Тушино Arma3".