Gridded terrain

para

Probably not what you´re looking for, but for experimental purposes I made a gridded grass texture that accurately shows the underlying terrain mesh at 1m resolution, which is used to sculpt the terrain, navigate and place single soldiers/vehicles and supports accurate and reliable placement of flavor objects. This gridded grass mod is best used during scenario/map making, or for finding possible path finding and deployment problems on a map. This basically is a sort of "wireframe terrain mesh" overlay on a grass terrain texture.

Mesh Map2.jpg

Mesh Map1.jpg

Oh that is neat. I doubt I would want to play with that but it does show off some interesting contours.

Yup, basically it´s just a tool for map making, flavor object placement and figuring out bits of TacAI path finding and such. If you see the 1m nodes on the map, lots of what you see in the game makes a bit more sense.

Yup, basically it´s just a tool for map making, flavor object placement and figuring out bits of TacAI path finding and such. If you see the 1m nodes on the map, lots of what you see in the game makes a bit more sense.

Nice mapping tool indeed.  Where / at what URL does one find it?

Probably not what you´re looking for, but for experimental purposes I made a gridded grass texture that accurately shows the underlying terrain mesh at 1m resolution, which is used to sculpt the terrain, navigate and place single soldiers/vehicles and supports accurate and reliable placement of flavor objects. This gridded grass mod is best used during scenario/map making, or for finding possible path finding and deployment problems on a map. This basically is a sort of "wireframe terrain mesh" overlay on a grass terrain texture.

Nicely done RockinHarry ? Would be a nice scenario/map making tool.

Buzz

Unrar into data/z as usual (ground grass.bmp). I´d likely mod tag this one, so you can swap that in and out of a scenario if needed. It´s the stock games grass texture with the 1m mesh overlayed btw.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bxbbgrc122rqzhc/ground grass.rar?dl=0

Thank You RockinHarry ?

Will give your gridded grass texture mesh overlay a test in CMBN.

Good suggestion re: "mod tag this one..."

Buzz

Too bad, we can´t make any grid/mesh mods for any other textues beside grass, due to some odd texture shifting that prevents overlayed grids to line up nicely with each other. But the grass types do the purpose well for some map editing and measuring. At last you can figure out exact center and pivot points for various flavor objects, which speeds up placement considerably. Following individual pixeltroopers along the mesh also reveals some the games pathing methods which can be at times quite useful.

Too bad, we can´t make any grid/mesh mods for any other textues beside grass, due to some odd texture shifting that prevents overlayed grids to line up nicely with each other. But the grass types do the purpose well for some map editing and measuring. At last you can figure out exact center and pivot points for various flavor objects, which speeds up placement considerably. Following individual pixeltroopers along the mesh also reveals some the games pathing methods which can be at times quite useful.

Thanks again RockinHarry.

Your gridded grass texture mesh overlay with mod tag is useful in map estimations ?

Buzz

Mesh Map2.jpg

Very cool.  I may try to tag my training / testing maps with this.  Should help to better understand what is going on when testing something.