Ithikial_AU

[Released] The Lions of Carpiquet - A CMBN Campaign

4 hours ago, Anthony P. said:

Edit: Good thing I mentioned the mission name, since I got the number wrong. I'm talking of the 3rd mission of course, it's easy to forget the tiny recce mission that started the campaign when you've spent hours organizing a thousand wildly scattered Canadians!

Yeah usual problem. ;) 'Mission 0' is essentially just a check to see if you get early warning about a certain something in the big fight coming up. The Canadians knew roughly what they were up against going into the fight after overlooking the airfield for some time prior to July 4. I wanted to give the player some game like opportunity to have the same intel before going in.

Hi

This is a great work mate!  One of the best campaign i've play.  More than challenging( i've save a lot lol), and quite an accurate work.  I've read Zuehlke books, would own them all if i wasnt short in $$$.  You did great with the engine limitation.

More comments when i'm done with it!

11 hours ago, Iksender said:

Hi

This is a great work mate!  One of the best campaign i've play.  More than challenging( i've save a lot lol), and quite an accurate work.  I've read Zuehlke books, would own them all if i wasnt short in $$$.  You did great with the engine limitation.

More comments when i'm done with it!

Thanks mate. Where are you up to at this point? Let us know your thoughts when you get to the end and what outcome you received. I assume you are playing with the version 4.0 upgrade. It was built under version 3.0 so no idea if any bugs or problems have been introduced but I'd be surprised if there was anything serious.

Thanks, hope you enjoy. :)

Call me overly competitive in the wrong areas but it's good to see this one still towards the top of the dload count over at the Scenario Depot even after all this time. Hope the folks who have played through it found it enjoyable or at least got some use out of the master maps for some MP action. You don't get much feedback as a designer...

Recently got back to this brilliant campaign. Just played Mission 3. I took a bit of a pounding from Jerry arty fire whilst clearing the bunker complex on the left. Whilst in the centre I got a toe hold in Hanger 1 before all hell broke loose, and with no F...ing tanks I hit Cease Fire for a Minor Victory. So far that's one Tac V, and two Minors. Which means I'll have to crush the Jerries in "Digging them Out". Wish me luck.

On 9/19/2018 at 2:36 PM, Warts 'n' all said:

Recently got back to this brilliant campaign. Just played Mission 3. I took a bit of a pounding from Jerry arty fire whilst clearing the bunker complex on the left. Whilst in the centre I got a toe hold in Hanger 1 before all hell broke loose, and with no F...ing tanks I hit Cease Fire for a Minor Victory. So far that's one Tac V, and two Minors. Which means I'll have to crush the Jerries in "Digging them Out". Wish me luck.

Oooh nice. That's actually the historical track you're on then. 'Digging them out' is what I'd focus on if I were to make this into one semi-historical scenario. The Allied Player has 'all the toys' so to speak.

Don't be upset about what happened in the 'No F.... tanks' engagement. Pretty much the historical outcome. It was only when I was designing the map after reading some accounts from this infantry battalion that I realised the sheer stupidity of this approach. With most of 3rd Canadian Infantry Division staff already planning for the larger Charnwood operation, most of Windsor's planning was done at the Brigade level. Maybe this is partly the blame for the bad approach direction. There wasn't much oversight from Division or anyone else with Windsors planning. Missing that extra pair (or multiple sets) of fresh eyes to look over the plans and point out problems.

Sorry to hear about your health, trust everything is well.